Muslim-UK

Oct 11, 2015
✟14,751.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Christians claim everlasting life is ONLY granted to those who accept Jesus pbuh as Lord and Saviour, but is this doctrine the result of the early Church splitting in the First Century and later theological doctrines that emerged over Hundreds of years?

Judaism teaches;

"All your nation is righteous, they will inherit the earth eternally; the shoot that I have planted, the work of My hands, something to be proud of" (Isaiah 60:21).

One has to be righteous, not sinless, for no man that has ever been created was sinless. We all stumble and the righteous get back up and keep going:

Proverbs 24:16: "The righteous fall even seven times and still get up, but the wicked stumble in evil."

There is no person on earth so righteous that he does only good and never sins" (Eccl. 7:20)

"Open the gates, so that the righteous nation that keeps the faith may enter" (Isaiah 26:2).

Jews become righteous by following the Torah to the best of their abilities and getting back up when they stumble;

Those who lead a life of sin can also find salvation for the wicked who repent are no longer called wicked:

Even when I have told the wicked that he will die, but then he repents, and he does justice and righteousness; he returns the collateral when he is supposed to, he repays what he stole, he begins to live by the Laws of Life, and does not do evil, he will live, and he will not die. All the sins that he committed will not be held against him, for he has begun to do judgment and righteousness; he shall surely live.
-- Ezekiel 33:14-16

No Prophet ever came to the Jews and rebuked them for not accepting Jesus pbuh as saviour.

Now Christians try to evangelise Jews and Jews strongly resist these attempts. The Qur'an says on this matter;

The Jews say "The Christians have nothing [true] to stand on," and the Christians say, "The Jews have nothing to stand on," although they [both] recite the Scripture. Thus the polytheists speak the same as their words. But Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that over which they used to differ. Qur'an 2:113

Muslims obtain salvation by following the Qur'an and authentic traditions of the final Prophet of Allah swt. We have 6 articles of faith:

To believe God and his Oneness
To believe in all the Prophets found in the Tawrat, Injeel, Zabur, (Psalms) and Qur'an
To believe in all the previous Scriptures in their original forms
To believe in the Angels and the unseen
To believe in the Afterlife including Hell, Paradise and the Day of Judgement
To believe in Predestination

From Adam to John the Baptist pbut people did not require belief in Jesus pbuh as saviour.
The family of Jesus pbuh and early the Christians who initially remained in Jerusalem acted on his teachings, by following them they had a chance to obtain salvation.

Later teachers taught salvation was gained by making Jesus pbuh the focus of worship. This later group won the hearts and minds of the powerful Roman rulers. Much of the focus of Pagan worship was rebranded over time and Christianity became the dominant religion of the vast Empire.

Islam like its sister religion Judaism makes it clear worship is for God alone, and one must repent and turn back to God for salvation. Nobody is without sin and the Devil ever ready to pounce and mislead, so cling to the rope of God by regular prayers, fasting, giving charity and doing good deeds. A man once asked the Prophet what he could do to obtain salvation, as he found fasting and praying difficult. The Prophet told him to guard that which was between his legs and that which was between his jaws.

Ultimately it is for God to pardon his righteous servants; as a minimum to stand any chance of avoiding the hell fire, we should acknowledge Him alone, do good and be kind to one another.

“Those who remember God (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying), "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire.” (Quran 3:191)

For Salvation, our trust should be placed in the Creator, not the created:

Qur'an 9:30-31
"...the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?"

"They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah, and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him."

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I listened to a sermon on that this morning. The Jews were made righteous because of faith and the sacrificial system leading to what Christ would do on the cross. (The sacrificial law being a symbol of what Christ would do) Christ died for those and for people today however... you need to have faith that He died for your sins AND rose again.

God bless. I thank God that He gave me this answer for you. Romans 10:9

Romans 10:5-13

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Acts 4:11-12 This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

1 John 2:23 No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also.

There is only one path to salvation. This applies to all, including the Muslim and the Jew. The righteous have always lived by faith in the Lord, including those born prior to the incarnation who awaited the Messiah. Now that He has come, there is no other excuse and the path through Him to the father has been made clear. Everything else leads to eternal seperation.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Christians claim everlasting life is ONLY granted to those who accept Jesus ... Judaism teaches ... Muslims obtain salvation ... articles of faith:
At the end of the day, whether it is Christianity, Judaism, Islam, or even Hinduism, Sufism, Zoroastrianism, or Bahai, they all end up to be faith-based religions. Nobody can personally verify or prove any of their stories or dogmas, and it seems futile to me to debate whether one set of dogmas is more or less true than another set of dogmas.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Looks like we have two in agreement in part. the muslim and buddist seem to lean towards an interfaith concept.
So are more and more christains, atheists, agnostics. I see a religion building that honors all paths
WELL, all cept one. JESUS as the ONLY way.
the weapon which will kill more than hilter , stalin, isis, nero, has been born and is increasing in power.
I hope some christains will more clearly understand why I have said this religion will become THE religion
and then in the name of peace and love , it will kill every single thing it deems an enemy of its false sorry wicked all roads lead.
A hint. any time leaders , churches , a religion is claiming the answer for peace, world peace
FLEE the opposite direction fast. It seems mankind never learns.
I just want to say I will by Gods grace never bend the knee to this concept of honoring all gods or all paths are equal to God.
And I have no shame nor guilt saying it. Just make the blade sharp is all I request . Cause I wont never bend the knee to this sorry dung
pile religion. NO , I will keep saying JESUS is the only way no matter if it divides, not matter if it seems untolerant.
But I will add, I will pray the forgivness of any who wishes or even does me harm.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is how dangerous JESUS only fundies are. We pray our good and bless our enemies.
we believe in no harm to others, not even to self defend.
Yeah, that is how dangerous we are. Just ponder that a bit.
let in sink in. Cause when the call comes, AND IT WILL, to rid the earth of all who refuse this interfaith religion
as the only means for world peace. I just wanted to let people know , those are the dangerous people your govt will be rounding up.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The problem with world peace is man. He is evil from his youth up.
If only the world would have come to Christ . JESUS was and is the only answer , the only hope.
The one thing I notice about all religions is this. IN one way or another their version equates good works as either saving
or being in good standing with GOD. Yet we all know people do evil. Whether they are as evil as hitler was or not.
SO the answer aint do enough good and you can earn it , or be recycled till you do enough good or whatever .
The answer is submission to the ONE who can make You righteous , who can clear you of your guilts.
Only JESUS can, and what LOVE that GOD who created all things , would send the SON to be the savoir.
And then by grace puts good works in your heart. Not to earn righteousness, but to LIVE IT
not to earn , to live in it. amen.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
John 14:6 KJV Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
There are similar claims in other religions. :D

"Outside of this path, the path of the many who teach other things doesn't go to Unbinding as does this: Thus the Blessed One instructs the Community, truly showing the palms of his hands." Thag 1.86

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I fully agree, which is why we should examine the various claims to see if they come from a credible source, the highest being the Creator Himself.
Who has met this alleged "Creator Himself"?

Now, I am not speaking of encountering his alleged qualities, but his person.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Qur'an 9:30-31
"...the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?"

"They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah, and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him."

Now a word . This is What the Koran or quran teaches. So now perhaps we will stop believing those interfaith preachers
who keep saying the three religions are really ONE.
Man how plain it is the muslims and jesus only christains DO NOT honor the same god.
Thanks for the info. I sure can use it to cease people like rick warren, the pope and scores of others
who keep saying we worshipe the same god in different ways .
Perphaps a thread on this alone can be used.

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
How would a Creator contact his creation so they may be guided is a better question, for which the answer is Messengers and Prophets sent to mankind.
If there were such a Creator, why would such an allegedly infallible being choose to deliver its message through fallible means like messengers and prophets, all of whom could be misunderstood or misidentified, or their message corrupted through time and mistranslation?

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How would a Creator contact his creation so they may be guided is a better question, for which the answer is Messengers and Prophets sent to mankind.
He sent His Son and His Holy Spirit. We haven't been left alone. He answers to this day.

Reactions: Mediaeval
Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"Outside of this path, the path of the many who teach other things doesn't go to Unbinding as does this: Thus the Blessed One instructs the Community, truly showing the palms of his hands." Thag 1.86

I give thanks that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour forever. I'm not interested in other religions.

Romans 10:8-10 KJV But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Titus 3:4-7 KJV But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Messages were sent to ALL Nations, for people to follow for certain periods of time. Some reports say more than 124,000 Messengers were sent, some with new revelation, most with the same message encouraging people back to worship of God alone.
The problem with that is, how can we as individuals today properly identify these alleged intermediaries, and know that they are not impostors? Surely an infallible being would have realized and prevented that problem beforehand?

What in your opinion would be a better way to communicate with human beings?
In my mind at least, if there was a Supreme, I can conceive of no better way for that Supreme to communicate than through the fixed Laws governing Reality itself - laws which are readily observable to all beings throughout space and time simultaneously - without the need for fallible, misidentifiable, misunderstood "messengers".

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Which of these other ones (religions) died for the sins of the condemned, shedding their blood, and rising again?

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Which of these other ones (religions) died for the sins of the condemned, shedding their blood, and rising again?
I would have to say that you must first:

1. Prove that there are "condemned";
2. Prove that there are "sins" against a supreme deity;
3. Prove that someone shed their blood, and that it was effective against "sins";
4. Prove that they "rose from the dead", and for what purpose?

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So the Jews who received a string of Prophets and Messengers, as God's chosen people can open their Torah and clearly see God would manifest himself as a man, to come and die for their sins?
Yes! I'm tired... I get brain fog and fatigue due to my thyroid. If no one provides these verses, I'll make time to find some tomorrow if you remind me.

Reactions: Muslim-UK
Upvote 0