Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, my homeless friend was against hardcore drugs and did not take them when she was homeless except for pot. It made her angry her being labeled a junkie because she panhandled. Yet today she has a permanent shelter to live un after years of living out in the streets.

Umm, hardcore drugs versus pot.... That sounds like trying to draw an uncross-able line of distinction between sexual assault against children, and routinely looking at child inappropriate contentography for....whatever purpose they look at such. Standing on the stepping stones of what leads to the worst of the worst, well, that's pretty much a no-brainer as to where it leads.

Jr

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What does God in his word say about intermarriages such as a between Blacks and Whites?

The Bible doesn't say anything about it, because the idea of "race", such as a "white race" or a "black race" didn't exist back then. It's an idea that only came about in the last few hundred years, and largely as a means to justify mistreatment of people of a different skin color.

It'd be like asking what the Bible has to say about blonde people marrying red heads.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Umm, hardcore drugs versus pot.... That sounds like trying to draw an uncross-able line of distinction between sexual assault against children, and routinely looking at child inappropriate contentography for....whatever purpose they look at such. Standing on the stepping stones of what leads to the worst of the worst, well, that's pretty much a no-brainer as to where it leads.

Jr

That's why I won't even look at orange juice. Just one look at that sugar-laced devil's cocktail and before you know it, boom, sharing needles and injecting hardcore marijuna into your arm.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is true and many are not aware of it, yet this type of senario does exist today: Say a Black man visits a mostly white church for a few weeks but each Sunday no one talks to him. Moreover, few people even bother to greet him. Meanwhile, a white visitor to the church is invited out to lunch during his very first visit. Churchgoers not only talk to him but supply him with their phone numbers and email addresses. In a matter of weeks, he's thoroughly enmeshed in the church's social network.

Even if there is a discussion within the church to be more inclusive of people of different races people within the church can deny its a problem within the church , and only believe its a problem with KKK groups.

The scenario you are talking about can actually exist for a number of reasons. It's happened to me, and I'm white. But I'm also a single person, never married and with no kids. I've noticed that church seems to be more of a family place, and families don't really attract to single people. I think it's just natural that people who are familiar are going to be ones that people are most comfortable associating with.
One example is to expand on your scenario. In the white church you mention, the black person who is there would no doubt be one of the first people that a second or third black person coming to that church would talk to. Once again, it's familiarity at work.

Upvote 0

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The scenario you are talking about can actually exist for a number of reasons. It's happened to me, and I'm white. But I'm also a single person, never married and with no kids. I've noticed that church seems to be more of a family place, and families don't really attract to single people. I think it's just natural that people who are familiar are going to be ones that people are most comfortable associating with.
One example is to expand on your scenario. In the white church you mention, the black person who is there would no doubt be one of the first people that a second or third black person coming to that church would talk to. Once again, it's familiarity at work.
Sure people are attracted to people that look like them, yet it goes more than that, and I noticed that a single white person will be welcomed with open arms to week-long Christian events, but a minority single even if they want the Pastor there are reluctant to allow them to go. These events are meant to help people grow in their Christian faith. Yet I believe the Church leadership does not want to have minorities is the fear the minorities fear that this will lead to intermarriage. I not a White person and I wanted to go to that conference and not to meet a future wife but grow in my Christian faith. I am not interested in having a girlfriend either. It was not in my mind to find a partner there. Yet this was a conservative church and the Pastor saw gay marriage as the worst thing out there. I also saw other examples of indirect racism there which hurt to me to this day.

One thing I take the credit church is originally I was firmly against gay marriage and gay ride events before going to that church but since that church experience, I have no problem with gay marriage or gay ride events. I believe the church has problems that can destroy the church more than the secular world acceptance of homosexuality.

Yet I have been to minority churches and even invited by the pastor to be a church leader there, even though the church is targeting to an ethnic minority group, and I don't represent that minority culture or race.

Also can you explain why many Christians were actively engaged in struggles for racial equality during the civil rights era of the 1950s and 1960s, they tended to be in the minority? The majority of white Christians, at least, did change, but only as the national sentiment was already moving toward more openness and more equality. The change was slow and a little reluctant. Why being reluctant?

Last edited:
Upvote 0