Can we trust Snopes?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Really? That's your first post to the forum?
It's the passion that pushes you over the edge. I've been there; when you are just so filled with it and it has to come out of you.

You don't have to play , but when you do, play nice.

People still think Snopes is spotless.
Which fact checking organization is Better? Cause too often I think people just don't want to be held responsible for believing nonsense and this "baaaaa.....nothing can Be trusted!!!!baaaaaa!! is a nice, reasonable soundingsbeard for that attitude.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's the passion that pushes you over the edge. I've been there; when you are just so filled with it and it has to come out of you.

Which fact checking organization is Better? Cause too often I think people just don't want to be held responsible for believing nonsense and this "baaaaa.....nothing can Be trusted!!!!baaaaaa!! is a nice, reasonable soundingsbeard for that attitude.
Point taken, but you might be leaning too hard on some convenient assumptions re: facts and the reliability of organizations. Too often we want to trust reflexively, so what then becomes "fact" may be arguable.

• Agree
Reactions: SandwichBoy
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Spotless? No idea what you're trying to infer, but as far as reliability goes, it's top notch.
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean... top notch = spotless.
Generally accepted without question because it is generally accepted without question. Not knowing who is involved or where they came from, what they've been up to and who might be behind them.
You got the idea perfectly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Point taken, but you might be leaning too hard on some convenient assumptions re: facts and the reliability of organizations. Too often we want to trust reflexively, so what then becomes "fact" may be arguable.
As I said in another post, it's hard to claim bias when primary sources are being presented and addressed. They tend to have a fair amount of that.

As the saying goes, I'm up to having an open mind just not at both ends.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean... top notch = spotless.
Generally accepted without question because it is generally accepted without question. Not knowing who is involved or where they came from, what they've been up to and who might be behind them.
You got the idea perfectly.

No. Spotless = perfect and no one is claiming that Snopes is perfect. Top notch means it's the best in the business of what it does and in the case of nonsense busting, it is top notch.

That was entertaining but not convincing.

Thanks, it's was meant to be entertaining and not convincing so it served it's intened purpose.

Upvote 0