China
✟27,593.00
Country
China
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
i am in China,there is not too much christian and our government is stopping the spread of Christianity to teens.Teenagers can't even enter the church.Since I was born, I have hardly seen any Christians,except in front of church.

Can we marry a pagan under these circumstances?

• Prayers
Reactions: Skye1300

Sal Robinson

Supporter
Mar 11, 2018
castle hill
✟100,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the question.

I believe if you don’t, you have to recognize what you are getting into….You won’t be able to rely your partner to be fully led by the Lord

If your partner is not a Christian, you’re going to have to be led by the spirit without the support of your partner

But pray for your partner

Always put the Lord first

Always make the Lord the first love of your life

It’s not impossible, but just recognize what you’re getting into….

You can’t rely on your partner for spiritual nourishment but they may bless you in other ways

But make sure you live by every word that comes from the mouth of God

If your partner won’t be able to help you with this

So it can be challenging, but recognize what your challenegs are, and you’ll know how to meet them…

So challenging but not impossible!

God Bless you!!!

Upvote 0

SimonPeter111

cry now
Aug 3, 2022
China
✟27,593.00
Country
China
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Thanks for the question.

I believe if you don’t, you have to recognize what you are getting into….You won’t be able to rely your partner to be fully led by the Lord

If your partner is not a Christian, you’re going to have to be led by the spirit without the support of your partner

You can’t rely on your partner for spiritual nourishment but they may bless you in other ways

So it can be challenging, but recognize what your challenegs are, and you’ll know how to meet them…

God Bless you!!!
i agree

• Friendly
Reactions: Sal Robinson
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
i am in China,there is not too much christian and our government is stopping the spread of Christianity to teens.Teenagers can't even enter the church.Since I was born, I have hardly seen any Christians,except in front of church.

Your situation is difficult. However, marrying an unbeliever will make it worse, not better. The church in China is hidden from view. Christians tend to meet in secret to avoid getting in trouble with the state.

I know too many Christians who have married non Christians. Most often, the Christian ends up forsaking meeting with other Christians or divorced. My own daughter married an unbeliever. She still believes, but she has no Christian fellowship. As a result, her Christianity is shallow and weak.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,644.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not a good idea - the underground church is thriving, maybe pray that you can connect with other believers.

• Agree
Reactions: Jane2468
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,644.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the question.

God Bless you!!!

2 Corinthians 6:14-16
New Living Translation

The Temple of the Living God
14 Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? 15 What harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever? 16 And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said:

“I will live in them
and walk among them.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It's a bad idea. Can you marry ? Yes. Should you ? No. And it's a pretty big no in that generally things come down to compromising your faith. You need peace in the marriage so compromises are made. But your compromise breaks down the peace that surpasses understanding that is from the Lord for a world view peace that is never lasting. Marriage turns into turmoil. Hopefully you are a very very strong Christian and that could be seen positively by the spouse but in general it doesn't go that way. It's difficult enough living in this world knowing we are not of this world, never mind inviting a worldly view person into our lives and mating with them. That should scare you like as if a lure to a fish that ends up at the fish counter at the local market. That lure sure looked great, didn't know I'd end up on a bed of ice for my casket waiting for a skillet to fry me.

When we are born again it's a different life here on earth, the sense of high value of earthly things drops away and goes all together but a distant second to God, not so with the un- Godly. Their value system is in the earthly things. That alone is a sticking point. You have the true God,they do not. Pagans worship idols, you do not. Pagans smoke spirits out of the house burning sage, you use the power of the blood of Christ and purity of the Holy Spirit. Everything they do is counter to you and what you do. Looks similar but is vastly different. You spend your time praying things out that they drag back in every time they come through the door. They have not been changed in the courts of heaven, ownership turned from the prince of this world to the true and living God. You have. And you're going to bed every night with someone led by the enemy.

Like minded in Christ is a blessing, now you have a prayer partner, scripture reading you both can dig into, love from above and peace in your hearts together and the marriage bed is honorable and looked favorably on by God..He is in the midst of your love making passion. That bond is like no other !! You can't get that from the pagan. Both of you being in Christ there is a real true sense of being connected in the spirit not just with one another but with Him. With the pagan it's physical not spiritual, it can't be spiritual as you each have opposing spirits. If you say it's spiritual you are deceived.

• Agree
Reactions: pelipeli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Pagan is a hard assessment. Does she engage in
pagan practices as a form of deity worship, superstition
and idolatry? If not, your assessment of her heart is essential.
Unbeliever =/= pagan.
Romans 2:
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature
do the things in the law, these, although not having the law,
are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by
Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Upvote 0

Belinda Cooper

I am called to be salt & light
Jul 26, 2022
Houston
✟18,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
First, I can't image what is like living in China in those conditions and fear.

Following Jesus is to obey His commands and standards. The boundaries placed around marriage are for your benefit.

The two souls become one. How can your identity in Christ Jesus but one with a soul that denies Him?

and how do you know he won't turn you in for your beliefs.

Jesus is enough. I understand the loneliness at times as I myself live in singleness (celibate). But God is good and has blessed me in ways I could have never thought.

God bless you and stay in faith in the name of Jesus.

Upvote 0

littleangelone

Mar 9, 2019
Oregon
✟48,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that's true that your situation is diffcult because you are in China & Christians are serevely perscuated there, but should you marry a non believer only you can answer that question, you have free will to marry someone that is a believer or non believer nobody else can make that choice for you, i would pray about it & don't give up until you get an answer from the Lord

• Agree
Reactions: Jane2468
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Between you and God. wise to be of one mind, same faith for that can really cause problems. We try to tell our selfs because were in love that we can handle it :( So pray seek Him ask Him He will give you a peace on what you should do IF we truly from our heart want to know..

Upvote 0

Jane2468

Aug 3, 2022
Northern Ireland
✟33,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I understand that this is a very difficult situation but it would be very difficult to be married to someone who does not share your faith. As christians, the Lord wishes to take first place in our lives and for us to walk with him spiritually and follow His plan for our lives. I know people who became christians after they married and they found it extremely difficult being married to someone who was not a christian and there was a lot of heartache.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

No. As Carl Emerson has already pointed out, the Bible clearly forbids such a thing:

2 Corinthians 6:14-18
14 Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
17 "Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE," says the Lord. "AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you.
18 "And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Corinthians 6:14-16
New Living Translation

The Temple of the Living God
14 Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? 15 What harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever? 16 And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said:

“I will live in them
and walk among them.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

And, to carry that out further:

Two animals yoked together must travel in the same direction, under the same master, to the same destination. Two animals yoked together cannot end up at different destinations.

Upvote 0