Apr 11, 2008
Atlanta
Visit site
✟9,008.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
What? :) Zohar has a disciple! Too cool! He/she is a very hard worker and very persistent! and not only that but He/she is actually quite cool.

just love,

tuck :)

Opps, Zohar is not Zoness. Darn! Zoness is cool! I do not not who Zonar is. :) Tuck having to much fun and got caught at it :) . Opps! Good night guys my birthday is over and I am going to bed! You are all loved! tuck

H B D! (HAPPY BIRTH DAY T!) Nothing peronal in the replies, only what is written.

As a Kabbalist you can identify with the written, right?

What about the unwritten, the contents of someones heart?

Upvote 0

Key

The Opener of Locks
Apr 10, 2004
Visit site
✟19,007.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm thinking that it might be worth a look into our forgiving each other as a way to forgive God. That's because when we forgive other people, if that forgiveness is truly love based, our forgiveness will be bringing God down here to earth where He is needed the most. And what happens than is that the forgiveness of others will be a direct forgiveness of God as well.

This explains the whole "Why didn't god just put us in a bottle" argument I hear so often.

Someday, we might understand that God has not put us in a bottle, but given us a universe, and it is up to us to augment or remove our suffering, God has shown us the way, it is our choice to follow it.

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right. The moon god.
Right, that too.

I am a part of Physical and Spiritual Israel, and that is where my heart is. Hermeneutics is important to understand with this.
I know how to apply hermeneutic techniques. So, somehow you combined the physical (as of Jewish descent) and the spiritual, (you know the truth about Jesus). That is beautiful.

my battery running out, G*d bless.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Right, that too.

I know how to apply hermeneutic techniques. So, somehow you combined the physical (as of Jewish descent) and the spiritual, (you know the truth about Jesus).

Spiritual Israel is what both Gentiles and Jews who believe and follow God are a part of persuant to Romans 11.

Physical is actually from the 12 tribes of Jacob. I am a half Jew (fully in Traditional standards).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zstar

Christian Zoroastrian
Apr 11, 2008
Atlanta
Visit site
✟9,008.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Allah is Arabic for God if thats what you mean. He is talking about having a hard time dealing with alilah from the Quran.

Thanks! Allah=God. I can understand having a hard time dealing with alilah from the Quran. I have a hard time too dealing with representatives of God, from the bible and elsewhere.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which always brought up an interesting question in my mind:

If Satan repented, would he be forgiven in Christian theology? Would Jesus' sacrifice cover even his sins?

This was brought up by awitch.

Answer: no! NO!!! HELL NO!!!!

Angels can't even "look into" Salvation. they can't comprehend it. It makes no sense to them. It just does not pertain.

We are a different "generation." Wicked, but redeemable.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If, and I say, "if", God has made any mistakes, then can we forgive God for His mistakes?

Jesus has created a reality where we are forgiven. If God has made any mistakes, then can we as Christians forgive God for any mistakes that He might have made?

love,

tuck

God is holy. What mistakes would He have made?

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where did your personal 'friend' communicate this to you, by the writtings of someone, in your bible? 'He' does so in the bible? Ever wonder if this might be fantasy? Based on actual things (here and there) but where do we draw the line between fact and fantasy?

You can take it to the bank that I have wondered to an obsessive extent over this, and probably any detail you can imagine, until finding a rock solid answer.

Prayer needs to be based in G-d's will, or else it is of no effect. Here's an indirect Scripture, which will take you to deeper levels of meaning if your ears are open:

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Not quite. He didn't deal with original sin. Nor did he apologise on behalf of God for the various mass slaughters of innocent people that God commanded. In all fairness, I'm not the greatest fan of all of Jesus' teachings either (killing people who do not honour their mother and father is something I don't agree with), so perhaps he wasn't the man for the job.

Also, if you commit a crime, or you do something wrong, don't send someone else to clean up your mess. Sending Jesus seems more and more to be an act of cowardice rather than kindness, especially when God was perfectly capable of achieving his end result without a sacrifice, given that he is omnipotent.

Are you saying God sinned?

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
can we forgive God for His mistakes?

If God were to turn over a new leaf, express sincere and believable remorse, and make full amends for errors in judgment, I don't see why not.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If, and I say, "if", God has made any mistakes, then can we forgive God for His mistakes?

Jesus has created a reality where we are forgiven. If God has made any mistakes, then can we as Christians forgive God for any mistakes that He might have made?

love,

tuck
God NEVER makes a mistake. Imagine that, God needing forgiveness. How sad that you would believe such a thing.

Upvote 0

Wicked Willow

May 2, 2005
✟4,434.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
IMO, depictions of Deity very much reflect the historical perspectives of the people who came up with that particular vision.

What's interesting about the Old Testament, then, is not how the deity depicted therein corresponds to other Semitic deities of that day and age (IOW, vengeful deities striking down their enemies by the thousands), but how it *differed* from them: YHVH may usually be depicted as a petty, vengeful tyrant slaughtering kids (or demanding the slaughter of kids) for "His Greater Glory" - but sometimes, just sometimes, something else can be seen. A deity that does not approve of human sacrifice, a deity that not only approves of but demands charity and forgiveness. A deity that does not glorify ruthless victors, but sides with the downtrodden and the underdogs.

I think that's what matters about the OT: it created a different way of relating to each other, albeit gradually.

Upvote 0