United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well yes God is omnipotent but He has also reserved His power over sin to give us free will. So we will each believe what we may and what follows is a result of that belief. Since Jesus believed He was the son of God, it followed that the world killed Him because of the beliefs they held about God and the messiah.

Jesus didn't ever once commit murder nor did He condemn sinners, but He believed in forgiveness and repentance as being the foundation for an ethical society in a sinful world. I don't agree that your attitude to condemn God is nearly as admirable as Jesus' attitude was to unite us with God, hence my desire to argue with your belief.

Can you quote the verse which Jesus says people should be killed for not honoring their father and mother, I don't think I have read that.

As for original sin, you are forgetting that time and space are linear, they have a beginning and an end, and according to my belief Jesus did atone for original sin, but what has been done cannot just be undone, it must be repared according to certain laws of physics (such as angels being eternal, their life has no natural death so God had to create a lake of fire which would purify the fallen angels of their sinful nature - humans are more fortunate that our soul can be purified by fire, yet the spirit continues to grow while we have a body).
Yay.

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He hasn't forgiven Satan yet and it's been, what, a few thousands years?
We have almost no knowledge of the spirit world so where did you get this info? Book of Enoc mentions that there is no forgiveness for the angels referenced therein.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SanFrank

Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From your post there was a few things I would like to ask you T.

How do you come up with God is He? Granted Jesus was a male but the Creator source of females and males, please explain?

Adam originally contained both male and female elements before Eve's creation. Zohar explains it in detail and its more a spiritual journey. It's "He" so man can understand.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would be unable to participate, but thanks for the link.

I don't really believe in Satan the way Christians do, I just find some of these ideas interesting.
You're the second person who has an interest in that post but can't contribute, perhaps someone might create a new post in one of the outreach forums to address this topic, it would certainly be interesting..

Upvote 0

Zstar

Christian Zoroastrian
Apr 11, 2008
Atlanta
Visit site
✟9,008.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad you realize "G-d is greater than all that," but it would be more disturbing if we didn't have anything we could relate to. Our personal G-d makes it abundantly clear He does not come to our assistance at our whims! At least He does so in the Bible, so you might check into that, and find the Bible makes much sense.

Where did your personal 'friend' communicate this to you, by the writtings of someone, in your bible? 'He' does so in the bible? Ever wonder if this might be fantasy? Based on actual things (here and there) but where do we draw the line between fact and fantasy?

Upvote 0

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
out of "allah's" own mouth, sura 16:101, mistakes made intentionally.

But we know if G*d made a mistake, we would not exist.

Can we forgive G*d you ask? Let's forgive one another first. Are you capable? The saints will be judging muslims. Lets practice forgiving.

SanFrank that was a bit out of left field :)

Your post has a radio talk show quality to it :) . And the Saints (martyrs) are stacked and racked in front of God complaining about things and God is doing things in His own time :)

This topic is not about God judging us, it is about "us" judging God :)

But thank you for you input!

love,

tuck

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not quite. He [Jesus] didn't deal with original sin.

ORLY? Or did you just never fathom that depth of His Love?

Sending Jesus seems more and more to be an act of cowardice rather than kindness, especially when God was perfectly capable of achieving his end result without a sacrifice, given that he is omnipotent.

Try this, from a Disciple of Paul:

"learn of how great avail humility is with God—how much the spirit of pure affection can prevail with Him—how excellent and great His fear is, and how it saves all those who walk in it with a pure mind"

Upvote 0

Zstar

Christian Zoroastrian
Apr 11, 2008
Atlanta
Visit site
✟9,008.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Adam originally contained both male and female elements before Eve's creation. Zohar explains it in detail and its more a spiritual journey. It's "He" so man can understand.

Who is Zohar, how does "he" explain "he" (God)?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What? :) Zohar has a disciple! Too cool! He/she is a very hard worker and very persistent! and not only that but He/she is actually quite cool.

just love,

tuck :)

Opps, Zohar is not Zoness. Darn! Zoness is cool! I do not not who Zonar is. :) Tuck having to much fun and got caught at it :) . Opps! Good night guys my birthday is over and I am going to bed! You are all loved! tuck

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SanFrank

Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And so a man will join his wife and the two will be as one... yeah my wife makes me complete.

I forgive my brethren in Christ for their transgressions against me, and in this manner I am also forgiving Jesus, G*d.

If I give a child some water, I gave it to Jesus.

But forgive G*d for what?

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Assuming the Bible is literally true, God has a long way to go before he deserves forgiveness.

Hmm...Charles Templeton agrees with this, but you have to remember that many of these arguments are made on emotion. For what reason would God need forgiveness?

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What? :) Zohar has a disciple! Too cool! He/she is a very hard worker and very persistent! and not only that but He/she is actually quite cool.

just love,

tuck :)

Opps, Zohar is not Zoness. Darn! Zoness is cool! I do not not who Zonar is. :) Tuck having to much fun and got caught at it :) . Opps! Good night guys my birthday is over and I am going to bed! You are all loved! tuck

Zohar is a book of Jewish mysticism. Its connected with Kabbalistic writings, and is an attempt by Jews to understand God.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I don't think the Zohar is as reliable a resource as you might think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Key

The Opener of Locks
Apr 10, 2004
Visit site
✟19,007.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If, and I say, "if", God has made any mistakes, then can we forgive God for His mistakes?

Jesus has created a reality where we are forgiven. If God has made any mistakes, then can we as Christians forgive God for any mistakes that He might have made?

love,

tuck

Sure we can, but what would be the worth of a human's forgiveness to a god?

This question made me wonder a bit, because to be asked, that means that the concept that when was seek God's forgiveness, it is because we have broken his laws, laws he established as our creator.

To say, we forgive God. The question here would be "for what?" you mentioned a mistake, but what mistake would he have made that requires our forgiveness?

Or that we have the authority to forgive him for?

Makes me wonder the nature of your question.

Upvote 0