Can we find Eden, the biblical site of our origin?

Which is the most correct?

• Eden is at the International Date Line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sabbath shift at Israel points to the International Date Line

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is not I who forces an inconsistent interpretation of the Bible. The position that evening represents night and morning represents day is inconsistent with God's message in Leviticus 23:32, where you cannot interpret the evening to represent the night period as it is forced in Genesis 1:3-5. Both periods in Genesis and Leviticus begin with an evening but end differently. Logically, if evening to evening in Leviticus is 24 hours then evening to morning in Genesis can not be 24 hours and is the 12 hours of the night that ends the first day that began with light.
  • from light to light are the 24 hours of the first day
  • from light to evening is the 12 hours of the day
  • from evening to morning is the 12 hours of the night
  • from evening to evening are the 24 hours of a sabbath in Israel that is not the seventh-day as it was in Eden from morning to morning.
United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
With your SDA studies where are the interpretations of times derived from? What method?

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
And that’s all well and fine. However, we need to be careful that we don’t place too much emphasis on things of this nature. All the best with your book :)
Brother, the Sabbath is revealed in the word of God.

The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law. (Deuteronomy 29:29 NIV)​

It is our duty to understand what has been revealed. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother, the Sabbath is revealed in the word of God.

The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law. (Deuteronomy 29:29 NIV)​

It is our duty to understand what has been revealed. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last time I check my only “duty” boils down to loving God, loving my neighbors as myself and the great commission.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
And if you don’t then what happens to us?
Brother, that is too important to use my own words, I will quote the scriptures below.

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. (2 Peter 3:13-18 NIV)​

The truth will set you free and Satan works hard to keep you in error. Fortunately, the Bible will lead you to the truth, if you do not delegate your study to leaders of so many denominations who are more interested in keeping their congregations together than the truth. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Last time I check my only “duty” boils down to loving God, loving my neighbors as myself and the great commission.
Brother, how do we love God? What did Jesus say?

If you love me, keep my commands. (John 14:15 NIV)​

Do you show love for your parents by obeying them or by disobedience. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother, how do we love God? What did Jesus say?

If you love me, keep my commands. (John 14:15 NIV)​

Do you show love for your parents by obeying them or by disobedience. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

What does finding Eden have anything to do with keeping his commandments? I guess since I wasn’t actively trying to find Eden then I don’t love him.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
How is that in relation to Eden?
Brother, this discovery provides more evidence that our Sunday tradition instead of the Sabbath is wrong. Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday, Jesus resurrected an the second half of Saturday, during the night, after remembering the Sabbath of Eden at Israel and before Sunday. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother, this discovery provides more evidence that our Sunday tradition instead of the Sabbath is wrong. Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday, Jesus resurrected an the second half of Saturday, during the night, after remembering the Sabbath of Eden at Israel and before Sunday. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

I had a feeling that that is what this thread was about all along or was heading. Your words confirm my assumption.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother, this discovery provides more evidence that our Sunday tradition instead of the Sabbath is wrong. Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday

Funny how the Greek word for Friday literally means the day of the preparation. So I’m not sure how it would be not Sunday is when he was resurrected.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
What does finding Eden have anything to do with keeping his commandments? I guess since I wasn’t actively trying to find Eden then I don’t love him.
Brother, it corrects are error in keeping the Sabbath in other places other than Israel, who did not have to have it right because they had direct instructions from God in what to do to remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Funny how the Greek word for Friday literally means the day of the preparation. So I’m not sure how it would be not Sunday is when he was resurrected.
Brother, the day of preparation is the day before a Sabbath and there were Sabbaths that could fall on any day of the week. The day of preparation was not always a Friday. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I had a feeling that that is what this thread was about all along or was heading. Your words confirm my assumption.
Brother, what will you do with this additional evidence? If you were not convinced before of Sunday as an invented tradition in contradiction with the word of God, the evidence is now overwhelming. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother, the day of preparation is the day before a Sabbath and there were Sabbaths that could fall on any day of the week. The day of preparation was not always a Friday. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

This will be my last comment. As I don't wish to debate this.

Matthew 27:60–64

"and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had cut in the rock. And he rolled a great stone to the entrance of the tomb and went away. Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were there, sitting opposite the tomb. The next day, that is, after the day of Preparation, the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered before Pilate and said, “Sir, we remember how that impostor said, while he was still alive, ‘After three days I will rise.’ Therefore order the tomb to be made secure until the third day, lest his disciples go and steal him away and tell the people, ‘He has risen from the dead,’ and the last fraud will be worse than the first.”"

If you read that in the Greek it reads, "tēn paraskeuēn". That word is the day of preparation. Note:

παρασκευή, ῆς f: a day on which preparations were made for a sacred or feast day—‘day of preparation, Friday.’ τῇ δὲ ἐπαύριον, ἥτις ἐστὶν μετὰ τὴν παρασκευήν, συνήχθησαν ‘on the next day, the day after the day of preparation, they met’ or ‘the next day, which was a Sabbath, they met’ Mt 27:62. The identification of παρασκευή with Friday became so traditional that it eventually came to be the present-day Greek term for ‘Friday.’

Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 653). New York: United Bible Societies.

If Jesus was buried on a Friday I am not sure how he would have be resurrected on Saturday night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother, what will you do with this additional evidence? If you were not convinced before of Sunday as an invented tradition in contradiction with the word of God, the evidence is now overwhelming. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Stop assuming that people don't keep the Sabbath. Because personally I keep the Sabbath. What I disagree with is the reasoning of this thread as another reason why I should keep it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have two comments.

First, the location of the international date line was an entirely arbitrary choice done for the sake of convenience. It was located in the middle of the Pacific ocean so as to disturb as few people as possible. If different criteria had been used it could have been located anywhere else on earth.

Second, I personally regard the Eden story as allegorical. The literal details are of little importance compared to the spiritual meaning of the story. In other words, it is a parable written large much like Job and Jonah.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
With your SDA studies where are the interpretations of times derived from? What method?
Brother, if you are referring to a "time, times and half a time", the Bible gives us the interpretation.

The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach. (Revelation 12:14 NIV)
The aforementioned period of "time, times and half time" refers to 1260 days below.

The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days. (Revelation 12:6 NIV)​

It is not necessary to speculate on its meaning because the Bible interpreted it for us. The principle of turning these days into years is shown in the following verse.

After you have finished this, lie down again, this time on your right side, and bear the sin of the people of Judah. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year. (Ezekiel 4:6 NIV)​

United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟675,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I haven't read all the responses so don't know if it has been mentioned yet but the Flood was so cataclysmic I can't imagine Eden or anywhere else still exists.

24 The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days.

Continents drifted, mountains rose. The whole planet got a makeover.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0