Can we find Eden, the biblical site of our origin?

Which is the most correct?

• Eden is at the International Date Line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sabbath shift at Israel points to the International Date Line

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Brother, the weekly cycle was initiated by God and is not based on any celestial phenomenon. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
We are not talking about a weekly cycle.

We are talking about the start of the weekly cycle on a lunar calendar. The first day of the week begins when the new moon is sighted.

Celestial entities control our calendar and the moon controlled the calendars of ancient civilizations.

1 Samuel 20:27
It came about the next day, the second day of the new moon, that David’s place was empty.

The second day of the new moon not the second day of some continuous week.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
1 Samuel 20:27
It came about the next day, the second day of the new moon, that David’s place was empty. The second day of the new moon not the second day of some continuous week.
Brother, the phrase "second day of the new moon" may fall any day of the week. The two words in quotes: "second day" of the new moon do not have the same meaning as the two words in quotes: "second day" of the week, due to their context. The first is Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday, but the second is always a Monday. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Brother, the phrase "second day of the new moon" may fall any day of the week.
That's correct and dictated by the new moon.
The two words in quotes: "second day" of the new moon do not have the same meaning as the two words in quotes: "second day" of the week, due to their context.
The second day of the new moon means the day count started at the new moon. What is so difficult about this?
The first is Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday, but the second is always a Monday.
What has the papal calendar (Gregorian calendar) got to do with the Hebrew calendar?

Monday, Tuesday,... are Roman day names.

I have never witnessed a topic with so much embedded confusion. Even the internet sites are a twisted mess.

Everyone confuses solar calendars and lunar calendars.

You need to start the research on this topic. Don't believe a word you have been told.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You need to start the research on this topic. Don't believe a word you have been told.
Brother, you must follow your own advice.
A day in Genesis actually starts in the evening.
It is not as others have told you, the days in Genesis begin at first light in the morning.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

The word "evening" is the transition between two periods: "day" before and "night" after. The word "evening" requires light before going to night. From evening to morning are the hours of the "night" in which God had nothing to report because He stops creating during the night and only has something to report during the previous hours from the first light to evening, which makes the first day in Genesis from the first light until morning or from morning to morning with an evening in the middle of the first day. United in the hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Brother, you must follow your own advice.
Your not listening.

God created the heavens and the earth before the first day even occurred.
It is not as others have told you, the days in Genesis begin at first light in the morning.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

The problem is that passage does not say what you want it to say. The morning comes after the evening.

Here I will print it for you.

And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
The word "evening" is the transition between two periods: "day" before and "night" after. The word "evening" requires light before going to night. From evening to morning are the hours of the "night" in which God had nothing to report because He stops creating during the night

None of what your saying is true.
Where does the text say that God did not create at night, or even before the next day even occurs?

God creates then the next day occurs and all this occurs all through this first chapter of Genesis.

For example.

6 Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so. God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.

See the day actually occurs after God does His work.

You have written your own version of Genesis.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Your not listening. God created the heavens and the earth before the first day even occurred.
Brother, I agree, everything before the light is before the creation week. The earth was created an unspecified time before the creation week.
The problem is that passage does not say what you want it to say. The morning comes after the evening. Here I will print it for you. And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
You should know from your own daily experience, those two words: evening and morning are transitional words and not periods, evening requires “day” before going to “night” and morning requires “night” before going to “day”. That morning after the evening, both end the first day and start the next day, every day is from morning to morning. The phrase “and there was evening, and there was morning” that you assume is 24 hours is only the second missing half of the 12 hours of the night that concludes the first day that began with a period of 12 hours of light.
None of what your saying is true.
It is not I who forces a two-period transition word to represent only one of its two periods. You should know that evening is not night and morning is not day, God could have used those words He has just defined, but He chose to use other words because He is not saying what you think He says.
Where does the text say that God did not create at night, or even before the next day even occurs?
The fact that between the two events: “there was evening” and “there was morning” nothing is reported shows that God created nothing between those two transitions that mark the night period and started again creating the next morning to evening light period of the next day.
God creates then the next day occurs and all this occurs all through this first chapter of Genesis.
God created the light from morning to evening, then comes the night from evening to morning to complete the first day.
For example. 6 Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so. God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day. See the day actually occurs after God does His work. You have written your own version of Genesis.
God called the period from morning to evening “day” and God called the period from evening to morning “night”, He creates and has much to report during the first half from morning to evening, but during the second half from evening to morning the period passes with nothing to report, because He stops creating every night of the creation week. United in the hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry that's not how inspiration works. In the Bible for example God isn't dictating things for the Biblical writer. In regards to Ellen White I am of the belief that she was at best mentally ill (i.e really believed she a prophet) or she was simply a false prophet.
Brother, there is no need to speculate on this, because we have an "it is written" and a verified example in our past.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV)​

God has revealed that He controls what is in His word. For example, "Cyrus" was called by name 150 years before the prophesy was fulfilled, long after the death of the prophet who mentioned, this then unknown, future king by name.

who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please; he will say of Jerusalem, “Let it be rebuilt,” and of the temple, “Let its foundations be laid.”’ This is what the Lord says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him... (Isaiah 44:28-45:1 NIV)​

United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother, there is no need to speculate on this, because we have an "it is written" and a verified example in our past.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV)​

God has revealed that He controls what is in His word. For example, "Cyrus" was called by name 150 years before the prophesy was fulfilled, long after the death of the prophet who mentioned, this then unknown, future king by name.

who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please; he will say of Jerusalem, “Let it be rebuilt,” and of the temple, “Let its foundations be laid.”’ This is what the Lord says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him... (Isaiah 44:28-45:1 NIV)​

I am not sure how that proves she was a true prophet. By using that logic I could say I am a prophet as well.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I am not sure how that proves she was a true prophet. By using that logic I could say I am a prophet as well.
Brother, the last proof that she is a prophet of God is the fact that she knew what I recently discovered that nobody else knew before. Something she did not understand herself, but it is in her inspired writing. That we would understand more about the beginning of the Sabbath in the future. More specifically, that the word translated "evening" in Genesis falls in the middle of the first day of creation and not at the beginning as Jews have assumed due to God's direct instructions on how to remember the Sabbath in Israel. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
More specifically, that the word translated "evening" in Genesis falls in the middle of the first day of creation and not at the beginning as Jews have assumed due to God's direct instructions on how to remember the Sabbath in Israel.
This statement and idea is straight from a false teacher opposed to Yahuweh and against Scripture, so perhaps nothing he /she/ they taught is correct.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
This statement and idea is straight from a false teacher opposed to Yahuweh and against Scripture, so perhaps nothing he /she/ they taught is correct.
Brother, what we have is a tradition that did not fully understand the word of God.

Note that both periods begin with the word "evening", but only one is 24 hours that ends in a second "evening," the other is the necessary 12 hours of the night ending in the morning that concludes that the first day began earlier with a period of light from morning to evening, making the first day from morning to morning.

It is a day of sabbath rest for you, and you must deny yourselves. From the evening of the ninth day of the month until the following evening you are to observe your sabbath." (Leviticus 23:32 NIV)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Brother, what we have is a tradition that did not fully understand the word of God.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

Note that both periods begin with the word "evening", but only one is 24 hours that ends in a second "evening," the other is the necessary 12 hours of the night ending in the morning that concludes that the first day began earlier with a period of light from morning to evening, making the first day from morning to morning.
I think , obviously, wherever/whoever you got that from, has mislead you. Badly. Almost certainly with an agenda to further deceive.... (the more they say to you, the more they can be shown to be in error opposing all Scripture)

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I think , obviously, wherever/whoever you got that from, has mislead you. Badly. Almost certainly with an agenda to further deceive.... (the more they say to you, the more they can be shown to be in error opposing all Scripture)
Brother, deception comes from our invented tradition and not from the word of God. I have verified this truth with my own investigation on the Sabbath in Israel. Only the truth prevails in the Bible, I challenge you to show me that I am wrong, since I know that I can show you that you are wrong, because I have the truth about the Sabbath in Israel. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I challenge you to show me that I am wrong, since I know that I can show you that you are wrong

Why make a challenge like that when you just said you basically won't believe it because you already assume the other person is wrong?

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Why make a challenge like that when you just said you basically won't believe it because you already assume the other person is wrong?
Brother, I did not assume that my own tradition was correct when this truth was highlighted to me. While sharing my faith in foroadventista.org, someone who was not of my faith suggested that when in Genesis it says: "And there was evening, and there was morning", it is only 12 hours. I compared Genesis to Leviticus and realized that he was right, comparing it to the 24-hour period of evening to the next evening of Leviticus, Genesis has the first half of a Sabbath period of the night, which completes the first day with 12 previous hours of light to give us 24 hours from the first light until the morning or from the morning until the next morning every day of creation. So, seeing the truth in the word of God, I did not reject it, but I questioned my own tradition and grew from it. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Bible shows me that Eden falls on the International Date Line (IDL). Genesis 1:3-5 shows that the first day is from light to light or from morning to morning. In Israel, the Sabbath is not the seventh day of the week as it was in Eden: Israel remembers to keep the seventh-day Sabbath established in Eden holy by remembering the Sabbath in the time zone of Eden from evening to evening, ten hours before its local seventh day of the week from morning to morning in obedience to God's instructions. This shift of ten hours point to the site of Eden from Israel and fall on the International Date Line. The International Date Line comes from all of us from the beginning: when God taught the human race to count the days with the week to remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy; before humanity spread throughout the world. This tradition of counting days established the International Date Line without us appreciating its significance in our history until these last days. I have written a book on the subject, "Proof of God in the International Date Line: Site of our Origin", available on all major platforms. I welcome everyone to challenge my point of view. I am willing to provide a free PDF copy to influential people who can promote this book through reviews or other means. Sincerely, Jorge

I have reason to believe that the Tree of Life may now be in five or perhaps six or seven dimensional space -time. We are in fourth.

I do believe that some Christians have seen the Tree of Life in visionary dreams. The relevant part is after the forty minute mark:

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟541,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
He's trying to twist history where it suits him.
Brother, my professor wrote a book that shows the evidence that the disciples did not change the Sabbath to Sunday and that the bishops of Rome were the ones who pushed for the Sunday-hour to replace the full day period of the Sabbath to the extreme of changing the ten commandments of God written by His own finger.
My professor's book is entitled "From Sabbath To Sunday: A Historical Investigation Of The Rise Of Sunday Observance In Early Christianity". If you want to find the truth, you need to read this book. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Cshuffle777

May 6, 2020
Right there
✟13,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Once again, our prophetess did not correct brother Andrews for His incorrect assumption and this correction was left to more study of the Bible before our prophetess would verify more, but until I understood more after 164 years no one has convinced the church of a greater truth. Unfortunately, our prophetess has died and cannot confirm my conclusions.
This is an amazing statement. It speaks volumes all by itself.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Brother, I did not assume that my own tradition was correct when this truth was highlighted to me. While sharing my faith in foroadventista.org, someone who was not of my faith suggested that when in Genesis it says: "And there was evening, and there was morning", it is only 12 hours. I compared Genesis to Leviticus and realized that he was right, comparing it to the 24-hour period of evening to the next evening of Leviticus, Genesis has the first half of a Sabbath period of the night, which completes the first day with 12 previous hours of light to give us 24 hours from the first light until the morning or from the morning until the next morning every day of creation. So, seeing the truth in the word of God, I did not reject it, but I questioned my own tradition and grew from it. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Is this nonsense still going on!!?? Why is anyone even bothering to respond to this insanity? God is not a liar, Jesus Christ was not Confused.

5 and~he~will~CALL.OUT(V) (וַיִּקְרָא / wai'yiq'ra) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) to~LIGHT (לָאוֹר / la'or) DAY (יוֹם / yom) and~to~DARKNESS (וְלַחֹשֶׁךְ / wê'la'hho'shekh) he~did~CALL.OUT(V) (קָרָא / qa'ra) NIGHT (לָיְלָה / lai'lah) and~he~will~EXIST(V) (וַיְהִי / wai'hi) EVENING (עֶרֶב / e'rev) and~he~will~EXIST(V) (וַיְהִי / wai'hi) MORNING (בֹקֶר / vo'qer) DAY (יוֹם / yom) UNIT (אֶחָד / e'hhad)

RMT: and Elohiym called out to the light, day, and to the darkness he called out, night, and evening existed and morning existed, a day unit,

At creation darkness existed before the light. Every day starts with the dark in the bible. For God brought us out of darkness into the light--He is light. That is why God said the evening comes first, it represents how the world was, how we are without God. God is very methodical about everything He does and does nothing without reason. Those, like you who try to change what God has said are trying to obscure the message from God. Jesus and the disciples and all the Jews kept the 24 day as a cycle the way God numbered in the beginning for it was Jesus that created everything and He certainly knew when the day starts ---He set it up that way.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

You are still in darkness. Jesus is light. What He says is. Darkness came first. The darkness is the chaos of the world, the chaos of human thought before Jesus, the light of the world, came and brought light. It is you that is bringing darkness into the world again by saying God the 24 hr cycle with light.
That comes from paganism. It is kept by the world for unity and has nothing to do with the way God works. Jesus creates out of darkness--He is the light--that is the sacred meaning of why a day starts in the dark part of the 24 hour cycle. It is 12 hours of darkness---representing how the world and our lives are---then it is 12 hours of light--how the world is and how we are with Jesus---THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. Jesus set this up to try and change it is to be against Christ.

Mat_28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher.

Act_20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

This actually was Saturday night that they got together at sundown--which begins the first day of the week. When Jesus died that was the end of light--The world was in darkness. that was how the day He died started--with the end of light---It ended with His resurrection, the coming of light. You are bringing confusion to what Jesus has created and it will not go well with you. This all started with you when you listened to a man---instead of the word of God. Some guy showed you a lie and you bought it instead of the truth of His word. It is now you who are in darkness and are bringing it to others. Unless you repent and go back to Jesus, the light of the world, you will end up in nothing but darkness. That is all that I have to say to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0