Can we eat pork now?

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A few places in the Bible that the past posts have quoted. Go back and check.
Yes indeed. There have been many NT Scriptures cited. And still some will advocate 'abstaining from foods'.

1 Timothy 4:1-4 (NASB)
1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, 3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude;

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes indeed. There have been many NT Scriptures cited. And still some will advocate 'abstaining from foods'.

1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, 3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude;

Well, when I see such a person, I will respect him. He is doing the right thing.

However, God's teaching is not to us, but to that person. He should not blame us for a reason that we don't do what he is doing.

Upvote 0

incor

Mar 17, 2012
✟15,943.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
im not ok w/canabilsm. remembr that plane crash in the mountains n they ate the dead to surviv?-it is wt it is. besides we r talkin reaonabl food ryt?

blood? acts 15: 28,29. ..seemed good to the Holy Ghost..and to us..these necesary thngs..abstain from..blood..

maybe shuda sed-normal. since one can reason canbilsm as jst protien -lol...no lets not go ther. lol.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
Grafted into the Olive Tree
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
im not ok w/canabilsm. remembr that plane crash in the mountains n they ate the dead to surviv?-it is wt it is. besides we r talkin reaonabl food ryt?

blood? acts 15: 28,29. ..seemed good to the Holy Ghost..and to us..these necesary thngs..abstain from..blood..

That's EXACTLY my point. According to your Romans 14:14 interpretation... "reasonable food" goes OUT THE WINDOW.
It's whatever we want!

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

yawn.

You're still holding on to calling God's Holy Word a doctrine of demons?
<shakes head>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
No, I'm repeating what the NT says. Those under the Law are "fallen from grace".

And round and round we go.
No true believer is "under the law".

Yet John tells us clearly that EVERY true believer should live their lives in accordance to God's Commandments....
hmmm :)

"By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked. Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard."

1 John 2:3-7

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
DUUUDE! BUDEEE!!

only eat wtever is clean 2u. i dnt thk u hav a issu w/blood anywy.

You said 'we are talking about reasonable food right?'

And I'm telling you that your "reasonable food" suggestion goes out the window the moment you say "whatever is clean for me is clean for God...."

It's for that VERY reason that God DID give us food guidelines..telling us what is and what is NOT to be considered food :)

Upvote 0

incor

Mar 17, 2012
✟15,943.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You said 'we are talking about reasonable food right?'

And I'm telling you that your "reasonable food" suggestion goes out the window the moment you say "whatever is clean for me is clean for God...."

It's for that VERY reason that God DID give us food guidelines..telling us what is and what is NOT to be considered food :)

sorry if any confusion, mybe shuda sed "normal". anyhooo, enjoy the good eats thats clean 2u.:yum::)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2006
Ohio
✟20,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The laws of the Old Covenant are not to be seen as a buffet, where we can take what we want and leave the rest on the table. It's a set of 613 laws and commandments, all of which were considered as equally binding. So if you accept that we are still under the dietary laws, you must also accept that we are under the moral and societal laws listed in Torah as well.

So what does this mean to us? it means that a father would still have the authority to determine whom his sons and daughters would marry, a woman would not be permitted to own property, A maximum distance would be laid out for a Sabbath day's journey, and all of the other laws governing their society would still be applicable, including the laws determining who is to be executed and for what crime.

If you want to obey the dietary laws, that's fine. But don't claim that the dietary laws are still binding without also recognizing that all of the other laws and commandments are also still binding. Either you accept all of the laws listed in Torah as stil necessary for us to follow, to the extent that it is possible for us to follow them, or you have violated all of those laws, including the dietary laws. The laws of Torah are an all-or-nothing deal, as is the case with any set of laws.

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The laws of Torah are an all-or-nothing deal, as is the case with any set of laws.
:thumbsup:

Galatians 5:2-4 (NASB)
2 Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. 4 You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Galatians 3:10 (NASB)
10 For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT ABIDE BY ALL THINGS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW, TO PERFORM THEM."

Upvote 0