• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Can we dress as Saints for Halloween?

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Searching_for_God, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Searching_for_God

Searching_for_God Wannabe Catholic Supporter

+844
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    *You are in the Catholic Forum*

I just saw a post someone else made on a different social media platform talking about how they don't really celebrate Halloween. They mentioned something about people running around as witches, ghosts, devils, and other things. I think I'd still be open to celebrating Halloween as a fun little holiday, but now I'm thinking about when I have kids of my own. I know I don't want my kids running around in costumes that celebrate the occult, so I'm wondering if it would be disrespectful to dress my future children up like their favorite saints on Halloween?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. rockytopva

rockytopva Love to pray! :) Supporter

+6,055
    Pentecostal
    Single
    The day better celebrated....

All Saints' Day, also known as All Hallows' Day, the Feast of All Saints, or Solemnity of All Saints, is a Christian festival celebrated in honor of all the saints, known and unknown. In Western Christianity, it is celebrated on 1 November by the Roman Catholic Church, the Anglican Communion, the Methodist Church, the Church of the Nazarene, the Lutheran Church, the Reformed Church, and other Protestant churches. The Eastern Orthodox Church and associated Eastern Catholic Churches and Byzantine Lutheran Churches celebrate it on the first Sunday after Pentecost. Oriental Orthodox churches of Chaldea and associated Eastern Catholic churches celebrate All Saints' Day on the first Friday after Easter. - All Saints' Day - Wikipedia

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+22,263
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Sure you can! Our parish does it every year. :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  4. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,806
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Absolutely. I was St. Francis or St. Michael several times.

5. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,412
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    In Christian liturgy the vigil of a feast is observed, so All Hallow's Eve is part of All Hallow's Day. It can be reclaimed as such for Christians just as the OP has proposed.

6. Davidnic

Davidnic Well-Known Member Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+10,162
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    We are fine doing Halloween but we also do All Saints Day.

My daughter was Saint Elizabeth of Hungary this year.