CAN WE BE SAVED WHILE CONTINUING IN KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN? WHAT IS SIN? WHAT IS RIGHTEOUSNESS?

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,245.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has had a clean.
I can tell you that you cannot continue this conversation in the good graces of the moderators, if you continue in unrepentant flaming, goading, and disruptive posting.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi all, just re-posting the questions for the discussion where we can all share God's WORD together in a friendly manner.

The questions being posted for discussion here are;

1. What is sin?

2. What is rightouesness?

3. What is repentance?

4. What do we repent from?

5. Can we be saved while continuing in known unrepentant sin?

Our opinions matter little so please provide scriptures to support your views. Look forward to hearing from you all. I will link the questions above to the answers as we move through this thread for anyone interested in reading the answers to these questions above at a latter date.

For now what is your view on the above questions (scripture please)?

God bless.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. What is sin?

2. What is rightouesness?

3. What is repentance?

4. What do we repent from?

5. Can we be saved while continuing in known unrepentant sin?

1. I have understood sin means rejecting God, or living apart from God. That is what Adam and Eve did in Eden, rejected God, which is why we are born apart from God.

2. I have understood righteousness means wisdom of the just, right understanding, which makes person do right actions.

The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, But the perverse tongue will be cut off. The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable, But the mouth of the wicked is perverse.
Pro. 10:31-32

The thoughts of the righteous are just, But the advice of the wicked is deceitful… … A righteous man regards the life of his animal, But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel… … A righteous person is cautious in friendship, But the way of the wicked leads them astray.
Pro. 12:5,10,26

A righteous man hates lies, But a wicked man brings shame and disgrace… … The light of the righteous shines brightly, But the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.
Pro. 13:5,9

A righteous man walks in integrity. Blessed are his children after him.

Pro. 20:7

There are those who covet greedily all the day long; But the righteous give and don't withhold.

Pro. 21:26

The righteous care about justice for the poor. The wicked aren't concerned about knowledge.
Pro. 29:7

It is possible that righteous person makes mistakes, but the difference is:

For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises up again; But the wicked are overthrown by calamity.
Pro. 24:16

"Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this: 'God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn't even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."
Luke 18:10-14

3. Repentance means person regrets bad actions and wants not to continue doing them.

4. We repent things that we have done wrongly and want to do better in future.

5. We can be saved from the judgment that comes because of sin. But if continue in sin, we have developed new sin and even if old remains forgiven, it is not useful, if there is new one. It is like, if you wash your car and right after that mess it with mud, the washing was not useful, even though the old dirt is not there, the new one is.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1. I have understood sin means rejecting God, or living apart from God.
Putting our will before His??
2. I have understood righteousness means wisdom of the just, right understanding, which makes person do right actions.
Putting God's will ahead of our own and loving all neighbours as self??
3. Repentance means person regrets bad actions and wants not to continue doing them.
Change from the self serving will of man to the selflessness of the Kingdom??
But if continue in sin, we have developed new sin and even if old remains forgiven, it is not useful, if there is new one.
So we are able to throw off our animal nature completely now before it is removed in the Kingdom??

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1. I have understood sin means rejecting God, or living apart from God. That is what Adam and Eve did in Eden, rejected God, which is why we are born apart from God.

The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, But the perverse tongue will be cut off. The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable, But the mouth of the wicked is perverse.
Pro. 10:31-32

The thoughts of the righteous are just, But the advice of the wicked is deceitful… … A righteous man regards the life of his animal, But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel… … A righteous person is cautious in friendship, But the way of the wicked leads them astray.
Pro. 12:5,10,26

A righteous man hates lies, But a wicked man brings shame and disgrace… … The light of the righteous shines brightly, But the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.
Pro. 13:5,9

A righteous man walks in integrity. Blessed are his children after him.

Pro. 20:7

There are those who covet greedily all the day long; But the righteous give and don't withhold.

Pro. 21:26

The righteous care about justice for the poor. The wicked aren't concerned about knowledge.
Pro. 29:7

It is possible that righteous person makes mistakes, but the difference is:

For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises up again; But the wicked are overthrown by calamity.
Pro. 24:16

"Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this: 'God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn't even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."
Luke 18:10-14

4. We repent things that we have done wrongly and want to do better in future.

5. We can be saved from the judgment that comes because of sin. But if continue in sin, we have developed new sin and even if old remains forgiven, it is not useful, if there is new one. It is like, if you wash your car and right after that mess it with mud, the washing was not useful, even though the old dirt is not there, the new one is.

Hello brother 1213, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. When we repent as you say of things we have done wrongly. What is it that determines what we have done wrongly? Thanks for sharing brother

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello brother 1213, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. When we repent as you say of things we have done wrongly. What is it that determines what we have done wrongly?

Your welcome. :)

I think what determines what we have done wrongly is God. And I believe He can let us to know it through the Bible, or through His spirit. Bible tells directly and by examples what are wrong or bad things.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So we are able to throw off our animal nature completely now before it is removed in the Kingdom??

I think people have human nature normally, not animal nature. And I believe human nature can be upgraded to be one with God’s nature.

I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them through your name which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are.
John 17:11

that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you sent me.

John 17:21

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your welcome. :)

I think what determines what we have done wrongly is God. And I believe He can let us to know it through the Bible, or through His spirit. Bible tells directly and by examples what are wrong or bad things.

Absolutely brother. It is the WORD of God that defines what sin is. Thanks for sharing.

God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sin... putting our will before the will of God (see Eve) What is our will but the self serving self justifying ways of man that seeks gain at the expense of others and self justifies such by redefining good and evil to suit the deed.
Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sin... putting our will before the will of God (see Eve) What is our will but the self serving self justifying ways of man that seeks gain at the expense of others and self justifies such by redefining good and evil to suit the deed.
Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Hi tim, thanks for sharing your thoughts but what defines what sin is?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi tim, thanks for sharing your thoughts but what defines what sin is?
The scripture and what I just posted. Putting our will before God's will. Garden, golden calf, killing Jesus , same story all the way through.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The scripture and what I just posted. Putting our will before God's will. Garden, golden calf, killing Jesus , same story all the way through.

Hi Tim how eles does God's WORD define what sin is?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i
Hi Tim how eles does God's WORD define what sin is?
I covered it.. by not putting God's will first and by not loving neighbour as self.
Matthew 22: 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
i

I covered it.. by not putting God's will first and by not loving neighbour as self.
Matthew 22: 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

It is ok tim I will post on it a little latter. Thanks for sharing your thoughts though. What do you think the standard of what sin is in the bible?

God bless

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry if I am being slow. I was just waiting to see the view of others as the first question is really the foundation to the rest of the questions being asked in the OP.
Yes I assumed you are 'collecting' :)

Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes I assumed you are 'collecting' :)
Not so much collecting but seeing how others view the sublect. Many do not read God's WORD for themselves and sometimes it's also good to see the understanding others may have on a subject.

God bless.

Upvote 0