CAN WE BE SAVED WHILE CONTINUING IN KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN? WHAT IS SIN? WHAT IS RIGHTEOUSNESS?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You seem to misunderstand the principle of faith.

Do you equate obeying Christ, the same as obeying the law?

If you confess Jesus as Lord, but do not obey Him as Lord, then Jesus is not your Lord.

We are saved by obeying the truth, and continue to be saved by obeying the truth.

God who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,
Romans 2:6-8

• but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,

JLB

Not at all. We are only saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of LOVE and God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Again I really appreciate your kind and friendly attitude. I am not saying you said it. I am adding to what you said. To ensure we do not turn Gospel back into Law, or Law into Gospel.

No problem brother. I hope and pray your medical issue is no longer a problem and you are well now. What is the gospel in your view? Can we have Grace without law when it is law that leads to grace? Thanks for sharing.

God bless.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,971.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We are either of the selfless Kingdom or remain loyal to the self serving world of man. Man (we) did not bring the Kingdom into being (Jesus did that by completing his mission and following the will of only the Father) but belief (change of thinking) in it and it's ways vs the traditional ways of man gives access to those worthy of living in a world (Kingdom) backwards to the world man has made.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. We are only saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of LOVE and God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

Hope this helps

So according to your doctrine, we do not need to obey the truth to be saved?

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So according to your doctrine, we do not need to obey the truth to be saved? JLB

I have no doctrine. All I have is the Word of God that I believe and follow. Only those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD will be saved. According to JESUS all those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4; ACTS 5:29. I know who I believe and follow, how about you?

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My doctrine is only God's WORD. Only those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW it will be saved.

You must have overlooked the word of God in my post.

Here it is again.

Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
1 Peter 1:22-23

• in obeying the truth through the Spirit
  • having been born again

Hope this helps.

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You must have overlooked the word of God in my post. Here it is again. Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
  • having been born again
Hope this helps.JLB

According to God's WORD no one is obeying the truth with a pure heart without obeying what God says neither do they know God *LUKE 6:47-49; MATTHEW 7:22-23. According to JESUS all those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4; ACTS 5:29. As it is written; 1 JOHN 2:3-4 [3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.[4], He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
According to God's WORD no one is obeying the truth with a pure heart without obeying what God says neither do they know God *LUKE 6:47-49; MATTHEW 7:22-23. According to JESUS all those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4; ACTS 5:29. As it is written; 1 JOHN 2:3-4 [3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.[4], He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Hope this helps

Please read what God’s word says so plainly.

This is how we are born again.

Obeying the Gospel.

Obeying the truth.

Here it is again.

Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

• having been born again

Hope this helps.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hope this helps

I’m glad your off that silly Sabbath kick.

No evidence in the NT for that.

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please read what God’s word says so plainly. This is how we are born again. Obeying the Gospel. Obeying the truth. Here it is again.
  • having been born again
Hope this helps. JLB

I read what you said the first time brother no need to repeat yourself. That is why I posted the scriptures saying that no one is obeying the truth with a pure heart or have they been born again without obeying what God says neither do they know God *LUKE 6:47-49; MATTHEW 7:22-23; 1 JOHN 2:3-4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I’m glad your off that silly Sabbath kick. No evidence in the NT for that. JLB

Only if you do not believe Gods WORD. Where is the scripture that says God's 4th has been Abolished and as are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Need more scriptures? Linked 1; 2; 3

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only if you do not believe Gods WORD. Where is the scripture that says God's 4th has been Abolished and as are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Need more scriptures? Linked 1; 2; 3

Hope this helps

Please share the scriptures from the Lord Jesus Christ, where He teaches us what is a sin concerning the Sabbath today.

What constitutes sin today concerning the Sabbath?

Is it a sin to travel a certain distance to Church?

Can we cook on the Sabbath?

Can we clean our Church on the Sabbath?

The ministers who work at the Church, are they in sin for working on the Sabbath?

If we have to travel to the Hospital for an emergency on the Sabbath, is it a sin?

If we attend Church on Sunday, rather than Saturday is it a sin?

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
According to God's WORD no one is obeying the truth with a pure heart without obeying what God says neither do they know God

Those who add to God’s word are in danger of being rejected by Him.

Please show us where Jesus taught the Church how to observe the Sabbath, under the New Covenant.

What constitutes sin today concerning the Sabbath?

Is it a sin to travel a certain distance to Church?

Can we cook on the Sabbath?

Can we clean our Church on the Sabbath?

The ministers who work at the Church, are they in sin for working on the Sabbath?

If we have to travel to the Hospital for an emergency on the Sabbath, is it a sin?

If we attend Church on Sunday, rather than Saturday is it a sin?

JLB

Upvote 0