Can the world stand an invasion of glory?

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We all know they need it, but can the heart of man prepare for it?

“And a leper came to Jesus, beseeching Him and falling on his knees before Him, and saying, “If You are willing, You can make me clean.” Moved with compassion, Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, “I am willing; be cleansed.” Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cleansed. And He sternly warned him and immediately sent him away, and He said to him, “See that you say nothing to anyone; but go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.” But he went out and began to proclaim it freely [on the web which went viral on all manner of social media] and to spread the news around, to such an extent that Jesus could no longer publicly enter a city, but stayed out in unpopulated areas; and they were coming to Him from everywhere.”
(Mark 1:40-45)

Reactions: quietbloke

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure they need it and they can handle it but at the moment many well meaning christians has invested in medicine and reasearch in stockmarket. Some can not survive without medicine and care and that is why medical companies thrive. If You have a gift of praying for healing You should not hide Your gift. Of course there will be grumbling and wondering why everybody does not get healed. Well in the end we are certainly not to judge the sick person. We do not know everything. We are here on earth to serve God at the best of our abilities. Sometimes we fail too and need mercy and need to be forgiven and grow into forgiving others.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I pray for 'an invasion of glory!' I want to be prepared for greater things in God. Prepare my heart,prepare our hearts for it. Amen
Amen QB!

It seems to me that we are steeped in instruction, but are famed little. Where is our wait till we be ‘endued with power’ but the closet. I ask myself if I understand if there isn’t anything that would give the Father reason to “resist”? But I don’t think it’s pride in the seeking, but that friendly-fire howling against us (Thanks Rose, Laz),

"An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign”
Matthew 16:4

", ,but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him”
John 7:18

“To those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory, ,”
Romans 2:7

“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,”
Ephesians 3:20

It’s rather obvious what the difference here is, we seek all the glory to the end of being “witnesses”, the Lord knows how to prepare us.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rather a fun ad is chasing me on this site red ferrarri cap and a decent red dress. Speaking of glory it would go well my with golden blonde mane but I do not spend a ton on a cap and a dress though. When it comes to glory it has to come from God from the the inside or above or it will be Outer glory soon forgotten without meaning. Like a fake ferrarri with a fake engine.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rather a fun ad is chasing me on this site red ferrarri cap and a decent red dress. Speaking of glory it would go well my with golden blonde mane but I do not spend a ton on a cap and a dress though. When it comes to glory it has to come from God from the the inside or above or it will be Outer glory soon forgotten without meaning. Like a fake ferrarri with a fake engine.
Good point! Of course, even within all that perseverance spoken about in Romans, we are powerless and I’m not so sure powerless to even take anything to heart to avoid seeking, rather in preparing, can that child of God ever hope to prepare correctly,

“He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true”
John 7:18

Yes, Christ was and is true in seeking with an abundant still of opinion. Still, good point.

Upvote 0