Mid Acts Dispensationalist Only CAN THE LAW OF MOSES SAVE TODAY ?

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi to all and quote Paul that the LAW of Moses has been ABOLISHED and quote Col 2:14 and many other verses >

#1 It seems to me that the Law was set aside , as 2 Cor 3:14 !

#2 Yet , that it seems , that the OLD Covenant and GRACE is working TODAY ?

# 3 I say the the Law is also working today , ALSO and that OLD COVENANT Jews are being saved TODAY !!

#And the salvation by GRACE is also working TODAY ?

What say you ?

dan p

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi to all and quote Paul that the LAW of Moses has been ABOLISHED and quote Col 2:14 and many other verses >

# 3 I say the the Law is also working today , ALSO and that OLD COVENANT Jews are being saved TODAY !!

What say you ?

dan p

Rom. 3:27-28,

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rom. 3:27-28,

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Hi and read 2 Cor 3:13-17 and then reply ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi and read 2 Cor 3:13-17 and then reply ?

dan p

When Moses came from the presence of the Lord, the Glory of God was so bright that it left a glow on Moses.

Moses had to wear a veil over his face when he read the Law to the people because the glow was so bright the people could not look on him.

Over time the glow faded and Moses no longer had to wear the veil.

Paul is telling us that this was a sign to Israel that the Law would fade away, but they didn't see it.

Paul said now that Christ is come and the Law fulfilled by Christ, it is faded away, it has served its purpose, but the Jews are still wearing that veil in the reading of the Law.

Paul said in vs. 15, even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.

In vs. 16 Paul tells us that when Israel shall turn to the Lord, the veil will be taken away.

This is referring to Rom. 11:26 when Paul tells us that all Israel will be saved, this will take place at the Second Coming.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

What say you ?

dan p

Whenever someone was crucified, the people would write out a sign that listed the charges that were against them and nail it to their cross in order to announce why they were being executed (Matthew 27:37). This served as a perfect analogy for the list of our violations of the Torah being nailed to the cross and with him dying in our place to pay the penalty for our sins, but has nothing to do with ending any of the laws, especially because they are all eternal (Psalms 119:160).

In Romans 1:5, we have received grace in order to bring about the obedience of faith, in Psalms 119:29, David wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey His law, and in Titus 2:11-14, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, which is what the Torah was given to instruct how to do, so God graciously teaching us to do good works in obedience to His law is itself part of the content of His free gift of salvation, and participating in that training does nothing to earn it, but rather that is what it looks like to receive it. Our salvation is from sin and sin is the transgression of the Torah (1 John 3:4), so being trained by grace to live in obedience to the Torah through faith is what Jesus saving us from living in transgression of the Torah looks like. Furthermore, in Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so if we believe in what Jesus accomplished on the cross, then we will become zealous for doing good works in obedience to the Torah (Acts 21:20) and will not diminish what he did for us by returning to the lawlessness that he gave himself to redeem us from. So while it is true that we do not earn our salvation by obeying the Torah, it is also true that we are not saved from living in transgression of the Torah while refusing to repent and living in obedience to it through faith.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Law can not save, I understand. And Jews need to trust in Jesus (Ephesians 1:12), in order to be saved, and obey Him as our Lord ruling us.

And the Law helps us to know what sin is > Romans 7:7 > so we trust in Jesus > Galatians 3:24.

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that Acts 11 starts with a discussion about how the dispensation given to Israel was set aside in favor of the dispensation to the gentiles. With a restart of the old dispensation spoken about later in the chapter.

Rom. 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Are you opening the door to Israel under the law with the remnant concept (vs 11) or the "in part" of my above verse.

I think when Peter left in Acts 12 and it became the Paul show we had the beginning of the end of the program to Israel. Then you have the three strikes of Paul (Acts 13:46, 18:6, 28:28).

On another note, I do thing the Law is there in full force against the unsaved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums