• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Can the Devil answer prayers?

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by jukesk9, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jukesk9

jukesk9 Dixie Whistlin' Papist

+82
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Last night, I had met an individual who was wearing a medallion of Jesus Malverde. Who? He's "El Narcosanto." Translated to English, The Narcotics Saint. Drug runners (mainly those from the Sinola area of Mexico)pray to this guy for protection to deliver their load. He was a bandito that was hung in 1909 and there's a shrine built to him where all these folks come and pray for miracles. Some of these guys even give testimonies to the alleged miracles. God isn't behind these. Obviously the Church doesn't endorse this nonsense.

Now, where's my question to you thinkers who stimulate me everyday with conversation....Oh yeah. I have no doubt that Satan and his minions wreak havoc where they can. But can they hear and answer prayers? I mean, look at this John Edwards guy. Is he a fake? Or is what he does real? Can Satan provide favors to those that seek them? Stimulate me. I say the Devil can do certain things for people. Who says nay? Who says yea?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. VOW

VOW Moderator

+15
    Catholic
    Married
    To Jukes:

Oh, I think Satan takes special delight in granting "miracles." Especially under the guise of "doing good." He's always been famous for playing the dirtiest game of pool anywhere.

Of course, those who buy into his game are going to get literally, the surprise of a lifetime...and of eternity, as well.

Peace be with you,
    ~VOW

3. HisLamb

HisLamb Active Member

+1
    Catholic
    I agree with VOW. This is one reason why the Church is slow in approving miracles and apparitions. Satan is very able to perform "miracles", but oh, at what a price!

4. Avila

Avila Boohoo moomoo, cebu

+4
    Catholic
    I agree with Peggy and VOW.

I have a friend who was once involved in the occult, and she very much believes that what John Edwards is doing is real - and that it is not of God. Satan is using him to ensnare thousands of people.... :(

5. Hoonbaba

Hoonbaba Catholic Preterist

+39
    Catholic
    Hi everyone,

I guess I'll share my opinions on this:

I don't think Satan can hear answer our prayers to God, unless we intentionally walk away from God and become some sort of occult guy.

But the fact is, sorcery is real. And here's some scripture that mentions such things:

Acts 8:9, 2 Kings 21:6, 2 Chronicles 33:6, Deuteronomy 18:10, Rev 22:15

Did you notice something about Rev 22:15? In the 'age to come', people who practice magic arts would still exist. Fortunately Satan can't touch us, since we've been washed by the blood of Jesus! =)

Anyway, I used to be somewhat involved with the occult/new age stuff. It's quite real. One psychic actually helped me find a lost car which belonged to my brother. In fact I read a story about how the "Queen of Heaven" supposedly showed up somewhere south America, and she said, "Worship me". Not long afterwards, the entire town ended up with a nasty curse. Eventually some Christians came around and took authority against them and drove the deceptive demon out.

In light of the reality of such evil power, this is why I'm so big into the gifts of the Spirit, because the Spirit of God can tear apart all sorts of evil =)

Glory to God!

-Jason

6. pax

pax Veteran

+94
    Catholic
    Single
    The occult is very dangerous stuff and Satan can hear you just as much as Michael the Archangel can. Don't forget that the demons were once angels and have the ability to do what appears to us as the paranormal.

[SHADOW=blue]ST. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls. Amen. [/SHADOW]

7. Hoonbaba

Hoonbaba Catholic Preterist

+39
    Catholic
    Is that Biblical? I've never heard of anything along those lines. Regardless, the enemy can't do anything to those who are saved by God, well as long as we remain in him =)

-Jason

8. pax

pax Veteran

+94
    Catholic
    Single
    Obviously Satan tempts us day in and day out, but we can overcome those. Satan was once an angel in heaven and now is a demon because he said no to God. He may no longer be a servant of God, but is still a spiritual being and is capable of manifesting himself in different ways. Of course, he can not have power over those that God protects, but he is still a threat to all humanity. He observes us and knows our tendencies and he is the master of temptation. That is why God is so important. Without God evil would rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.