Visit site
✟13,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last night, I had met an individual who was wearing a medallion of Jesus Malverde. Who? He's "El Narcosanto." Translated to English, The Narcotics Saint. Drug runners (mainly those from the Sinola area of Mexico)pray to this guy for protection to deliver their load. He was a bandito that was hung in 1909 and there's a shrine built to him where all these folks come and pray for miracles. Some of these guys even give testimonies to the alleged miracles. God isn't behind these. Obviously the Church doesn't endorse this nonsense.

Now, where's my question to you thinkers who stimulate me everyday with conversation....Oh yeah. I have no doubt that Satan and his minions wreak havoc where they can. But can they hear and answer prayers? I mean, look at this John Edwards guy. Is he a fake? Or is what he does real? Can Satan provide favors to those that seek them? Stimulate me. I say the Devil can do certain things for people. Who says nay? Who says yea?

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Jukes:

Oh, I think Satan takes special delight in granting "miracles." Especially under the guise of "doing good." He's always been famous for playing the dirtiest game of pool anywhere.

Of course, those who buy into his game are going to get literally, the surprise of a lifetime...and of eternity, as well.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

Hoonbaba

Catholic Preterist
Apr 15, 2002
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟10,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi everyone,

I guess I'll share my opinions on this:

I don't think Satan can hear answer our prayers to God, unless we intentionally walk away from God and become some sort of occult guy.

But the fact is, sorcery is real. And here's some scripture that mentions such things:

Acts 8:9, 2 Kings 21:6, 2 Chronicles 33:6, Deuteronomy 18:10, Rev 22:15

Did you notice something about Rev 22:15? In the 'age to come', people who practice magic arts would still exist. Fortunately Satan can't touch us, since we've been washed by the blood of Jesus! =)

Anyway, I used to be somewhat involved with the occult/new age stuff. It's quite real. One psychic actually helped me find a lost car which belonged to my brother. In fact I read a story about how the "Queen of Heaven" supposedly showed up somewhere south America, and she said, "Worship me". Not long afterwards, the entire town ended up with a nasty curse. Eventually some Christians came around and took authority against them and drove the deceptive demon out.

In light of the reality of such evil power, this is why I'm so big into the gifts of the Spirit, because the Spirit of God can tear apart all sorts of evil =)

Glory to God!

-Jason

Upvote 0

pax

Veteran
Apr 3, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟2,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The occult is very dangerous stuff and Satan can hear you just as much as Michael the Archangel can. Don't forget that the demons were once angels and have the ability to do what appears to us as the paranormal.

[SHADOW=blue]ST. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls. Amen. [/SHADOW]

Upvote 0

Hoonbaba

Catholic Preterist
Apr 15, 2002
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟10,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by pax
The occult is very dangerous stuff and Satan can hear you just as much as Michael the Archangel can. Don't forget that the demons were once angels and have the ability to do what appears to us as the paranormal.

Is that Biblical? I've never heard of anything along those lines. Regardless, the enemy can't do anything to those who are saved by God, well as long as we remain in him =)

-Jason

Upvote 0

pax

Veteran
Apr 3, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟2,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Obviously Satan tempts us day in and day out, but we can overcome those. Satan was once an angel in heaven and now is a demon because he said no to God. He may no longer be a servant of God, but is still a spiritual being and is capable of manifesting himself in different ways. Of course, he can not have power over those that God protects, but he is still a threat to all humanity. He observes us and knows our tendencies and he is the master of temptation. That is why God is so important. Without God evil would rule.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.