Can someone remind me what I should be praying for daily, again?

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟202,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The title basically says it all. Recently I was reading a post by a single rapscallion that said he wanted "daily prayer" as part of his requirements for his lady friend. Unfortunately, I have never had a consistent daily prayer life, and perpetually struggle with gratitude towards my Creator. I am now looking to solve this problem, not to satisfy this person who believes in measuring women with yardsticks, but because it's probably something that I should be doing anyway.

What should I be praying for, or about, on a daily basis?

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

Prayer is basically a conservation with God. So if you see Jesus(God) as a friend, approach it as you would a friendship and how you would share thoughts/conversations in a friendship. The only difference is you will be having a conservation with one who already knows you better than you know yourself.

Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pray that you would have a heart that would desire to please Him above all things. Confess to Him you do not always have that heart . Pray to Him that all unthankfulness would melt away. That you would be conformed to the image of Christ. That His heart would be formed in you. That His Spirit would come in your life and begin to separate all things. Those things that are of Him. And those things that are only of You. This is the dividing of soul and Spirit.

Tell Him you want a burning passion and desire to live out from only what is truly of Him. That you would live out from what is of the Spirit and nothing more. That you would only desire the things that He desires. That you would have a prayer life that only Prays what He is truly praying within you. Only do what He is actually doing within you. That everything would be for Him, done in Him, and done through Him. That He would answer the prayers of John 17 in your life. That you would be one in Him, as He and His Father are one.

Tell Him you are willing to embrace the cost of what this means. That it is your desire to go on with Him whatever that cost may be. That you desire from this day forward to only be on the path of His choosing. The good path, the ancient path. The path that leads to life.

Tell Him you no longer want to live for things out from yourself. That He would break the power of Self within you, that out of your heart would flow rivers of living water. That you would become the outflow of such a life. Caught up in the torrents of His River until you are no more and He is everything. That there would be no mixture. That He would work in you until the waters become pure. That your life would be lived out of the outflow of the divine.

Then as He begins to do this. Ask Him that He would give you new seeing and understanding. To see things as they really are. To know things as they should be known. To see the things He wants you to see. To know the things He wants you to know. To see the world around you as it ought to be seen. To see your life and all things that pertain to Him as it should be known.

Then out of this seeing and understanding that your prayer life would be not of things you think you ought to pray, but things you see and understand that ought to prayed. That you would have the intercession and prayer life of the divine. That you see things as they ought to be seen and therefore pray for them as they ought to be prayed. That prayer for yourself, others and the world around you would not be your prayers, but the very prayers of Christ. That His Spirit would be able to be spoken from you, to go forth from you out into the world around you and touch the things that really matter. That you would be able to touch the very throne room of heaven. And in touching that you touch others. You touch the heavens. You touch the things that really matter.

Tell Him this is the life you desire to come into. That whatever that takes you will not turn away.. You will from this day forward take His hand and follow wherever He should lead, to be emptied of all that should go and be filled with only that which is truly needed. Tell Him this is what you desire. And whatever that takes you submit your life to Him to be led to the distant Hills of Frankincense and Myrrh. Until all shadows flee away and the breaking of a new day should finally come.

Beloved314
Beloved314
YES! This is so perfectly communicated that my Spirit is quickened within me while reading it!! My heart is pounding right now! I love that feeling when the Holy Spirit confirms that truth and the way are being revealed!
Please Lord….less of me and more of You! Thank You Holy Spirit!!
Thank you Brad for this!
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The title basically says it all. Recently I was reading a post by a single rapscallion that said he wanted "daily prayer" as part of his requirements for his lady friend. Unfortunately, I have never had a consistent daily prayer life, and perpetually struggle with gratitude towards my Creator. I am now looking to solve this problem, not to satisfy this person who believes in measuring women with yardsticks, but because it's probably something that I should be doing anyway.

I believe remembering Him throughout the day is a form of prayer and worship. From there , when you remember, take a moment to thank Him. And from there add a supplication for yourself or others. All this while you engage in everyday life.
Blessings.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I can say John 3:16 and duh we believe. Then you read Luke 11:13.

I am in no way going to be able to answer this in full. .. When we believe in Jesus nothing happened to our flesh. That flesh still loves to sin. Just start reading the bible try praying and watch how fast you start to get tried vs doing other things that have nothing to do with God. Christ said we must worship Him in spirit and truth. There is a natural and supernatural. You were born from above/born again. We put on that new man which after God was created in righteousness and true holiness. We pray for a lack of a better word to stay in tune with God. Christ told the 12.. could you not pray with me 1h? The AMP (Translation) in Isa says "But those who wait for the LORD [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] Will gain new strength and renew their power; They will lift up their wings [and rise up close to God] like eagles [rising toward the sun]; They will run and not become weary, They will walk and not grow tired."

.. have to walk softly here. We know a angel set Peter free. Why? They were praying for that. Some seem to think GOD can do anything He wants. It does not work that way. Its true yet not that easy. Why? Is it not written Satan is the god of this world? What did Christ say when they came to get Him? "If this was my kingdom my servants would not have allowed you to take me." Like Him healing the sick. He goes into some town and all He aka GOD could do was lay hands a few and teach. We can doubt and that doubt will always stop GOD. That God that we think can do anything He wants. Its written if we doubt were like ship tossed back and forth and let not that man think he will get anything from God. Yet if we know He hears us then we know we have the petitions/prayers we asked for.

Book of Daniel the moment he prayed God heard him and sent Gabriel with the answer. Now remember were talking about GOD here. Who with stood Gabriel and stopped him? Gabriel had to call on Michael for help. So God answered Daniel the moment he prayed yet Satan stopped the angel for 21 days before he could come to Daniel with the answer. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Since the fall what was ours was handed over to Satan. We don't like it but he also has rights. That alone were told how we should and should not talk about Satan. All the angel that was wrestling with Satan for the body of Moshe (Moses). All he had a right to say was "the lord rebuke you".

I guess you could look at it like your in School so why would you study? What would happen if you never studied or just now an then? Oh the Father LOVES TO TALK.. He never sleeps always wants to talk to us. Sorry but we do not want to pay the price to hear so many times. Not to boast ..Father forgive me. My son 31 is really having a hard time.. if you wish to remember him I would like that. For what? He broke up with his girl friend after 4 years and some people can take that very hard and not want to be here any more. He does not think that way now but I think most here know that you can feel great one moment and that that brake up comes back as if it was yesterday. Its only been a week..

So last night I prayed in the spirit for 2 hours. Had worship music playing softly.. at first when we start its us praying but oh the sweet sweet holy Spirit will then take over and pray when we don't know how to. So after sometime I then stood in the gap for Jake. Gab.. God was about to judge a nation and He looked for just one from among them to build a wall to stand the gap .. but He found none. So I at times stand in the gap for others that don't know how.. Sorry this is the .. parts I maybe should have said nothing.

Just start.. be it 5 min.. them keep adding to it. You WILL FIND.. a peace you can't explain.. it will be as if you can see.. you start to understand things around you and and..say.. How did I not see this before.. In all of it..its helps brings you closer to HIM! Thats another reason. NO you can not get to close to Him.. it keeps going and going and going. His JOY is your strength. He gave you HIS peace. You put on His armor. You are strong in the power of HIS Might.. on and on. Oh it opens doors so to speak.. the more you are faithful in this He will show you more. IF I offended or some do not believe this .. this is just me sharing.. forgive me if I did

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is a big request.

May I suggest that you get a note book and start by recording the passage you read from the bible, what struck you about it and why and what as a result did you pray about.
then write down the names of those people in your church who are sick, needing work, taking exams etc etc and pray intelligently for their situations.
Start taking a missionary magerzine, most are bi monthly and come with a prayer diary, transose that into your note book and pray for the situations and people mentioned.
Listen to the news, the bbc world service will tell you whats happening across the world.
Write down those headlines that strike you and pray for those situation.
Finally pray for your family, your minister and your neighbours.

You might find it easier to spread this out across the week.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." I Tim 2

Since this is a lot, I pray for those most pressing.

Also, as mentioned, there are prayers in Scripture such as:
"For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." Eph 3:14-21

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0