Jul 20, 2005
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,519.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
May be too late if you made them the other night! How did they turn out. I think I will have these tonight...or a tuna melt.

Tuna Patties

1 can tuna (6 or 6.5 ounces)
1 egg
1/4 - 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
2 tsp. dried dill
1/4 cup minced onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying

Drain your tuna, and place in a bowl. Fluff tuna with a fork. Add egg, beaten; then add remaining ingredients. If it's too dry, add another egg; if too moist, add more bread crumbs. Form into patties, and fry in oil in a hot skillet until brown, being careful when you flip them.

Reactions: allieisme
Upvote 0

BarbaraJean

You took the fall and thought of me, above all!
Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
allieisme said:
My husband made them that one night.. and they were so good, although I can't see us saving any for left overs :D

:clap: They are good!

Reactions: allieisme
Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Tuna Cakes
1 cup milk
1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal (1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
2 cans (6 oz. each) tuna in water, drained, flaked
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely shredded carrot (from about 1 small carrot)
1/8 tsp. pepper
6 lettuce leaves
6 tomato slices

BRING milk just to boil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Gradually add cereal, stirring constantly with wire whisk. Return just to boil; reduce heat to low. Cook 1 to 2 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; let stand 5 min.
ADD tuna, eggs, onions, carrots and pepper; mix well. Shape into 6 patties.
COOK on nonstick griddle or in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 3 to 5 min. on each side or until cooked through and lightly browned on both sides. Serve each with lettuce leaf and tomato slice.

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Great Substitute
Prepare as directed, substituting 1 can (15 oz.) boneless skinless salmon for the 2 cans of tuna.
Special Extra
These tuna cakes are also great topped with melted cheese and served in buns. Mix together tuna mixture and shape into patties as directed. Cook on nonstick griddle or in large nonstick skillet 3 to 5 min. or until bottoms are lightly browned; turn over. Top each tuna cake with 1/4 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese. Continue cooking until bottoms of tuna cakes are lightly browned and cakes are cooked through. If cheese is not melted, broil 1 min. or until cheese is melted. Serve each tuna cake in a split whole grain bun along with the lettuce and tomato.

NUTRITION INFORMATION

Nutrition Bonus:
Encourage your family to eat right by serving them these tasty tuna cakes. They are rich in iron from the enriched CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal and high in vitamin A, thanks to the carrots and lettuce.

Diet Exchange:
1 Starch,2 Meat (VL)
Nutrition (per serving)
Calories 160 Total fat 4g Saturated fat 1.5g Cholesterol 95mg Sodium 310mg Carbohydrate 13g Dietary fiber 1g Sugars 3g Protein 16g Vitamin A 45%DV Vitamin C 6%DV Calcium 15%DV Iron 30%DV

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Tuna Patties With Dill Sauce

Ingredients:

1 (12 ounce) (350g) can white tuna packed in water, drained and finely flaked

3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

1/4 cup minced green onion

1 egg

1/2 cup skim milk

1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel

Lemon Dill Sauce:

1/4 cup nonfat chicken broth

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon dried dill

Directions:

In large bowl, combine tuna, breadcrumbs, green onion, egg, milk, and lemon peel.
With lightly floured hands, form mixture into patties.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
Cook patties, until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.

Sauce: combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until warm. Add a small amount of flour and mix with a whisk to thicken sauce.
Spoon sauce over tuna patties and serve.

Makes 4-6 Servings

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Tuna Pequitos[/font]
javascript:wincom(3933)​
[font=Arial, Helvetica]2 servings [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Kids will love this! So will their moms!

6 oz. canned, white tuna, drained
1/3 cup oat bran
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup onions
1/2 tsp mustard
1/4 cup diced canned green chilis
1/2 tsp Tabasco

Combine all ingredients, mix well and let sit for five minutes. Form into 6 patties. In non-stick pan sprayed with cooking spray brown evenly on both sides and make sure it is cooked completely. Serve warm.

This is a great quick carb and protien lunch in one. 3 patties is one serving. Chill and cut into triangles and serve with a green salsa for a quick appetizer.
[/font]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sarasarabobara

Sep 10, 2005
✟8,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is so weird, but I just read your tuna question this morning and then watched Paula's Home Cooking on the Food Network and guess what she was cooking? Tuna burgers! They looked really good and I thought I should share. If you go to foodnetwork.com and look at Paula's page, you can view the recipe for the February 15 show. Hope that helps!

:wave:

Upvote 0