• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Can someone be saved and deny Jesus being God

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by Ultimate, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Gunny

Gunny Remnant Supporter

+85
    Christian
    Married
    No way possible to deny the diety of Jesus Christ and still be saved!!!!

GySgt James

2. Didaskomenos

Didaskomenos Voiced Bilabial Spirant

+36
    Non-Denom
    Married
    LOL! What a crazy statement! Where's the proof?

3. franklin

franklin Sexed up atheism = Pantheism

+218
    Atheist
    Private
    Very well said, Didask.... keep up the good postin!  :cool:  

4. Gunny

Gunny Remnant Supporter

+85
    Christian
    Married
    All false religions that acknowledge Jesus deny His diety.

To them he was a prophet, teacher, wise man etc...

Jesus was God incarnate while He walked the earth.

God is the same today as yesterday , God.

Triune Godhead.

If Jesus is not God who is He and how could His life without sin and substituionary death/shed blood cover the sins of mankind.

How can one be truly obedient to Jesus unless He is God.

If one denys Jesus as God how are they to surrender their life to Him.

I never cease to be amazed at Christians and their unwillingness to search scripture as did the Bereans, to see if it is so.

We are not asked by Jesus to think this or that about Him, we are commanded to put our hands to the plow-never looking back-pick up the cross daily-No one would do these things for a mere man, only the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!!!! God Himself!!!!!

GySgt James

5. Didaskomenos

+36
    Non-Denom
    Married
    GySgt James,

You're not reading what I'm writing. If you did, you'd see that I said we must acknowledge him King of Kings and Lord of Lords, because the Bible says so. But what if someone read through the Bible for the first time, and didn't realize that Jesus was God (since it doesn't say so in so many words). They follow the Bible's instructions (to confess with their mouths that Jesus is Lord, and to believe in their hearts that God raised him from the dead), then some stray bomb gets dropped on them - do they go to heaven? You're saying you must know that Jesus is God to make him your Lord - no you don't! There are plenty of people (Franklin included) who are living proof. Is he not saved?

BTW, the Bereans' Scripture was the Old Testament, which says in no uncertain terms that there is one God, and never mentions Jesus as God. I happen to believe that Jesus is God, but it's possible to not know everything (as the Fundamentalists do) and still be saved, if you follow the Bible's instructions.

6. Gunny

Gunny Remnant Supporter

+85
    Christian
    Married
    The Holy Spirit will testify to the believer that indeed, Jesus is God.

GySgt James

7. Didaskomenos

+36
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Oh yeah, that's Hezekiah 4:23, right?

Sorry, but I've heard KJV-onlyists say the same thing.  It's their only hope for vindication.

8. LouisBooth

LouisBooth Well-Known Member

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "And LouisBooth is his prophet, and the infallible sage who reads between the lines to tell us what he calls obvious."

Hands Didask back the words he put in my mouth. NO thanks, I"m not buying :)

If you don't know who God is you can't be saved by him or be in a relationship with him. Thus you can't be saved if you don't think Jesus is God.

9. LouisBooth

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    " But what if someone read through the Bible for the first time, and didn't realize that Jesus was God "

Its pretty easy to recognize. if they don't they won't understand anything else either.

the first chapter of John spells it out quite clearly. If you dont' know who God is, you can't get saved, that's pretty simple to understand isn't it?

10. Didaskomenos

+36
    Non-Denom
    Married
    And thus we continue in circular direction!

:)

Lemme off this merry-go-round! It ain't so merry anymore.

11. LouisBooth

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    LOL..you can get off anytime, but is pretty much a straight line leading right to Christ's diety ;) and that you can't get saved without knowing God.

12. Didaskomenos

+36
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Dude, I got off there a long time ago. I was just trying to commiserate with my Christian brothers who disagree with me. ;)

13. Chris†opher Paul

Chris†opher Paul Based on a True Story

+4
    Nobody will get into Heaven except through God(Jesus)...some people just don't know it yet. ;)

14. Lanakila

Lanakila Not responsible for the changes here.

+208
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    The gospel is spelled out clearly in the Bible. 1 Cor 15:1-7 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.
    2. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
    3. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance : that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
    4. that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
    5. and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve.
    6. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.
    7. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles,

If having only the OT you could be saved the same way the Ethiopian eunich (sp) was when he was told by Phillip that Isaiah 53 was talking about Jesus. The resurrection of our Lord is necessary to believe to be saved. The resurrection proves Christ's deity. A young child may not understand all the technical aspects of the gospel and the deity of the Lord completely the second they are saved but, if they do Romans 10:9-10 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    10. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

My son did this at 4 years old, I am not sure that he understood all the technicalities of it but he was saved then, and can tell you about it still today at 13.

15. an7222

an7222 Rational morality is a must

+10
    Atheist
    Justification is not by faith, but by works. But faith is very important to give you the strength needed to follow Jesus commandments:

16. franklin

+218
    Atheist
    Private
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.... Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

souljah,  what does Jesus say about His relationship with the father is in these passages?  What is your relationship between you and your father?  Are you his son?  Is he your father?  Are you the same person as your father? 

17. LouisBooth

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Christ is God. The bible declares it so.
    "Jhn 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. "

is this the verse you are refering to? If so check verse 30. We are to believe in Christ. This is something expressly forbidden if you are not God. According to OT law, you believe in no one but God alone.

18. Chris†opher Paul

Chris†opher Paul Based on a True Story

+4
    Franklin-

Did you ever read my long list of scripture supporting the fact that Jesus = God?

Besides, comparing a human relationship to a divine one doesn't make much sense.

19. franklin

+218
    Atheist
    Private

Yes souljah, I did read that list and I wouldn't call your list, scripture, it was "parts of scripture" mixed with mans words and none of what you quoted supports anything saying He is God..... this is one of your quotes from that post, now please allow me to put it into it's proper biblial context and allow the scripture to be it's own interpreter! Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.  And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.  (John 6:68-69) 

Now, souljah, who does Peter say Jesus is in this passage?  You said it in your quote BTW..... None of Jesus' apostles ever referred to Him as God!  Yes, in some passages He is revered as God but He (Jesus) is not or does He ever make Himself a co-equal, equal with the Father.  Some bible teacher and pastor told you that, the bible did not! 

Read the Prodical son, is that an example of a human relationship between a father and his son?  Yes it's a parable but that doesn't mean it wasn't an actual true story either as some would refute. 

20. LouisBooth

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "Now, souljah, who does Peter say Jesus is in this passage? "

He says that Christ is God by saying he has all the authority that God has. The title son of God is not ment to be an inferior/superior title. See Pslams 2 and jewish first born practices. :)