• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can someone advice me cause i am so confused?

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ocd was not letting me to do what I wanted to do. I tried to ignore it, but I could not.

Suddenly, some words popped up without my will, about making a promise to God and asking for to be in an accident in case of breaking it, and it was about to say no to my ocd. and do what I want to do.

These thoughts relieved me so much cause they were forcing me to do what I wanted to do and ignore ocd.

I do not remember how they happened. they happened in a second, in my subconscious. I can not confirm if they were intentional or not. I worry a lot.

were the thoughts, popped up in my head without my will due to frustration and since I have ocd, they affected my feelings and thinking? ( which does not worry me so much)

or were the thoughts, popped up randomly in my head but were intentional or semi-intentional by a part of me, just because I wanted some relief from the ocd? ( more worrying)

is the promise valid? will I be in car accident? should I forget it? why they seem different than other thoughts without my will? could I be so stupid that I made a mistake and made a valid promise? after all these suffering of trying not even think the word promise?

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Kostilaks, my friend, you know the truth. You should forget it because you know the promise is not valid and that it is just the ocd. I'm still praying for you every day, but you have to seek help.

I saw in another post that you went to an Orthodox church near you. That's wonderful! Continue to talk to them and let them guide and help you.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I had one piece of advice, it would be 'stop obsessing about your ocd'. You know you have it. You know what it makes you do. So does God. He cuts you some slack on it, you should as well.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kostilaks, my friend, you know the truth. You should forget it because you know the promise is not valid and that it is just the ocd. I'm still praying for you every day, but you have to seek help.

I saw in another post that you went to an Orthodox church near you. That's wonderful! Continue to talk to them and let them guide and help you.

I went to that church a year ago. when I was believing in Jesus more than now.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I went to that church a year ago. when I was believing in Jesus more than now.

I understand. Have you talked to a professional about your struggles with ocd?

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look God understands you have ocd, so relax, he is not waiting for you to make a mistake to hit you with a stick, relax, let the ocd suggest whatever it wants, and try to ignore it, don't get 'triggered' because ocd suggests you something bad that can get God to be mad, because its not actually you that does that,
I had intrusive thoughts ocd like, and God cured me with deliverance. After the moment i was delivered the thoughts stopped.

Upvote 0

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

in what post you are referring? do you have it?

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is from yesterday. A poster said that you live near a monastery and you should go there for help. You said:

I have done that. they helped me. but. I worry if Jesus is not real

Maybe you meant you did that last year, I don't know. I was thinking you had recently been.

Here's the thing, even if you worry that Jesus is not real, they can help you with that, as well. I know you feel compelled to post your ocd worries here, and I understand that. But, if you will go back to the monastery, maybe they can help you again. You said they helped you when you went. Try it again. Tell them your struggles. Even tell them that you aren't sure that Jesus is real.

The main thing, is talk to someone who can help you. I don't know what part of Macedonia you are from, but surely there is someone there who can treat ocd.

I really worry about you, Kostilaks. I know others here do as well. We are praying for you, but you have to do the footwork to get help. Does that make sense?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is from yesterday. A poster said that you live near a monastery and you should go there for help. You said:

Maybe you meant you did that last year, I don't know. I was thinking you had recently been.

Here's the thing, even if you worry that Jesus is not real, they can help you with that, as well. I know you feel compelled to post your ocd worries here, and I understand that. But, if you will go back to the monastery, maybe they can help you again. You said they helped you when you went. Try it again. Tell them your struggles. Even tell them that you aren't sure that Jesus is real.

The main thing, is talk to someone who can help you. I don't know what part of Macedonia you are from, but surely there is someone there who can treat ocd.

I really worry about you, Kostilaks. I know others here do as well. We are praying for you, but you have to do the footwork to get help. Does that make sense?

it is important for me if you try to remember about that monastery post. did you read it the last 5 days in one of my posts? are you perhaps referring to a comment I did in the last week, in a post of someone, that I was saying that I went to an orthodox priest and he told me to ignore ocd?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
it is important for me if you try to remember about that monastery post. did you read it the last 5 days in one of my posts? are you perhaps referring to a comment I did in the last week, in a post of someone, that I was saying that I went to an orthodox priest and he told me to ignore ocd?

Oh Kostilaks, please don't turn this into another ocd episode. I'm going to have to quit replying, bud. I'm not trying to contribute to your ocd. Ignore the ocd and get some help. I'm praying for you. You didn't make any promises, ignore whatever ocd is telling you. Be calm, ignore the ocd. Be calm, ignore the ocd. Be calm, ignore the ocd. Okay, I'm off here.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

sorry for turning this to an ocd episode. you are referring to the post that I said that I went to a orthodox priest. so, what I meant in the other quote of this post is that I went to the church of Saint Eleutherios (church of Agios Eleutherios) and talked with a priest. that is what I meant.

sorry for doing this.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
sorry for turning this to an ocd episode. you are referring to the post that I said that I went to a orthodox priest. so, what I meant in the other quote of this post is that I went to the church of Saint Eleutherios (church of Agios Eleutherios) and talked with a priest. that is what I meant.

sorry for doing this.

No need to apologize. I just don't want to make things worse for you. If it helped before, maybe you should try again.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Get some professional help, it is the only thing that will help. God put doctors on the earth, gave them the knowledge to help yet you shun them and any post that tells you that you need help. How much more do we have to do before you get real help from a Doctor?

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0