• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can Satan show up to a Believer

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read bible verses like these and I wonder how I was supernaturally tempted in a hallucination/dream is Jesus really mad at me that I accidentally fell into a supernatural temptation in a dream/hallucination is it humanly possible to Blaspheme the Holy Spirit in a supernatural temptation. I am mentally ill and I don't understand when I read Corinthians 10:13 and John 10 it states that in theory nothing should take me from Jesus.

Why would Jesus be mad at me for accidentally falling into the devil's trick why would Jesus take the Holy Spirit away from me for my mental illness and falling down accidentally worshiping Satan is this Beast stuff real and can't get raptured for accidental falling down be real or is it purely scitzphrenia making this blue light that says beast/yellow light seem real.

I don't understand when I read the Holy Bible it is impossible. I mean Jesus was tempted by Satan in person but he is Jesus and perfect and I am a sinner and mentally ill prone to falling and I got confused why is God mad that I got confused or is it mental illness family, friends, church say that I didn't blaspheme the Holy Spirit they see him in my life they see the fruit in my life so how could I be an evil false prophet/antichrist if they see Jesus in me.

Is this false prophet/antichrist just a delusion would God really take salvation away from a mentally ill person in a confused state. Is God really mad at me or is it my mental illness that I can't face reality. I would never offend God in my right mind the yellow light happened so fast is it possible it was supernatural.

Corinthians 10:13 No temptationa]">[a] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be temptedb]">[b] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,c]">[c] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than alla]">[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The truth is so nice. He looks after us in every way. He will guide and protect you all the days of your life and bring you safely Home around His table.

It is for you to keep finding safety in His word and then you will see that you are indeed safe in Him.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,240.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I read bible verses like these and I wonder how I was supernaturally tempted in a hallucination/dream is Jesus really mad at me that I accidentally fell into a supernatural temptation in a dream/hallucination is it humanly possible to Blaspheme the Holy Spirit in a supernatural temptation. I am mentally ill and I don't understand when I read Corinthians 10:13 and John 10 it states that in theory nothing should take me from Jesus.

Why would Jesus be mad at me for accidentally falling into the devil's trick why would Jesus take the Holy Spirit away from me for my mental illness and falling down accidentally worshiping Satan is this Beast stuff real and can't get raptured for accidental falling down be real or is it purely scitzphrenia making this blue light that says beast/yellow light seem real.

I don't understand when I read the Holy Bible it is impossible. I mean Jesus was tempted by Satan in person but he is Jesus and perfect and I am a sinner and mentally ill prone to falling and I got confused why is God mad that I got confused or is it mental illness family, friends, church say that I didn't blaspheme the Holy Spirit they see him in my life they see the fruit in my life so how could I be an evil false prophet/antichrist if they see Jesus in me.

Is this false prophet/antichrist just a delusion would God really take salvation away from a mentally ill person in a confused state. Is God really mad at me or is it my mental illness that I can't face reality. I would never offend God in my right mind the yellow light happened so fast is it possible it was supernatural.

Corinthians 10:13 No temptationa]">[a] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be temptedb]">[b] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,c]">[c] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than alla]">[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand
Because Satan is a fallen angel, he can be in only one place at a time. So I don't think he would bother to personally show up to every single believer. He has plenty of demons to do that for him. In fact, we as Christian believers are faced with a whole army of demons opposing us, and this is why Peter said that the devil goes around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. He doesn't do this personally. His great army of demons do it for him, but Peter goes on to say that we need to be sober and vigilant and to oppose him and his demons through faith and the power of the Holy Spirit. It is only when we neglect to use our faith to put our full trust in Christ, that any of Satan's demons can get a foothold. But we have to resist these demons at every turn and they will have to flee from us. They know full well the authority that a Spirit-filled believer has over them, and they cannot resist, because the Spirit-filled believer is a full representative of Jesus, and so it would be exactly the same as the response of some demons who asked Jesus, "Have you come to torment us before the time?" As they were deathly afraid of Jesus, they are deathly afraid of His representatives in the person of Spirit-filled believers.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Hang onto your faith sportsfan. God will test your faith. He promised us trouble from the world (see John 16:33). When that trouble has come full circle, what remains is true tried in the fire belief.

Jas. 1:2-4 "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Two great verse you have quote and both are to be trusted.

What happens in the false unreal worldw of a dream or hallucination will not be held against you by Jesus.
Hallucination are not real, they may seem to be so but they are all inside your mind.

Jesus knows the state of your mind he holds on to you with particular care as you are one of his lambs who are particularly vulnerable.

Keep thanking him for his Love, understanding of you and for your salvation.

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The truth is so nice. He looks after us in every way. He will guide and protect you all the days of your life and bring you safely Home around His table.

It is for you to keep finding safety in His word and then you will see that you are indeed safe in Him.

Thanks

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because Satan is a fallen angel, he can be in only one place at a time. So I don't think he would bother to personally show up to every single believer. He has plenty of demons to do that for him. In fact, we as Christian believers are faced with a whole army of demons opposing us, and this is why Peter said that the devil goes around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. He doesn't do this personally. His great army of demons do it for him, but Peter goes on to say that we need to be sober and vigilant and to oppose him and his demons through faith and the power of the Holy Spirit. It is only when we neglect to use our faith to put our full trust in Christ, that any of Satan's demons can get a foothold. But we have to resist these demons at every turn and they will have to flee from us. They know full well the authority that a Spirit-filled believer has over them, and they cannot resist, because the Spirit-filled believer is a full representative of Jesus, and so it would be exactly the same as the response of some demons who asked Jesus, "Have you come to torment us before the time?" As they were deathly afraid of Jesus, they are deathly afraid of His representatives in the person of Spirit-filled believers.

So what occurred in the shower and the door thinking Satan was there and accidentally bowing thinking it was Jesus was just a dream like my family tells me.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hang onto your faith sportsfan. God will test your faith. He promised us trouble from the world (see John 16:33). When that trouble has come full circle, what remains is true tried in the fire belief.

Jas. 1:2-4 "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
Thanks

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Two great verse you have quote and both are to be trusted.

What happens in the false unreal worldw of a dream or hallucination will not be held against you by Jesus.
Hallucination are not real, they may seem to be so but they are all inside your mind.

Jesus knows the state of your mind he holds on to you with particular care as you are one of his lambs who are particularly vulnerable.

Keep thanking him for his Love, understanding of you and for your salvation.

So the satanic hallucinations are not really real.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So the satanic hallucinations are not really real.
No they are not.
As I've replied to your latest post. If in a hallucination you dreamt you had a million dollars, would you have them when you came out of that dream or hallucination?

Thank God for Jesus and for his love that is beyond our understanding and which ensures that you are kept by Jesus, despite your mental problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No they are not.
As I've replied to your latest post. If in a hallucination you dreamt you had a million dollars, would you have them when you came out of that dream or hallucination?

Thank God for Jesus and for his love that is beyond our understanding and which ensures that you are kept by Jesus, despite your mental problems.

So Jesus really isn't mad at me for accidentally bowing to the yellow light/cross.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So Jesus really isn't mad at me for accidentally bowing to the yellow light/cross.

You are right on sportsfan. Jesus isn't about guilt, He never gives us a spirit of guilt. That is what Satan wants you to feel, that guilt. A vision is like a dream and not reality. Quit being fearful because Jesus didn't give you a spirit of fear. So, don't take one.

2 Tim. 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are right on sportsfan. Jesus isn't about guilt, He never gives us a spirit of guilt. That is what Satan wants you to feel, that guilt. A vision is like a dream and not reality. Quit being fearful because Jesus didn't give you a spirit of fear. So, don't take one.

2 Tim. 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Thanks Deade.

Upvote 0