USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Satan can do "miracles". The difference is that Satans miracles never lead to faith in Jesus Christ, but leads you away from Christ. Before I was a Christian I was much into New Age. I went to gurus and healers. And yes there are power there. Where does that power come from?
Exactly. If it's not throigh the HOLY SPIRIT then through the enemy

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my reading of the Book of Acts and the letter of Paul, I don't see any references that Satan actually performed any miracles. There is only one reference about a magician in Samaria who amazed people with his tricks, but it does not say that he performed actually miracles, or it can be said that there is not enough evidence that proves beyond doubt that he did.

Also, the false miracles that come from the Antichrist and the beast point to a future time in history and not to our present age of God's grace.

It may be possible for supernatural events happening in the environment of the occult or pagan cultural environments in third world countries, but there is no evidence that Satan performed any signs, wonders and miracles in any Christian environment.

This lack of evidence totally discounts all those false Bible teachers that say that Satan is responsible for reported miracles in the Christian Church. Nasty, false accusations have been levelled at Pentecostals and Charismatics by vain scribblers who peddle nonsense and call it Christian doctrine. There are "respected" Bible college that teach this rubbish, leading good Christians astray and robbing them of an enhanced experience in God.

These are those Charlatans who teach that Pentecostal tongues and prophecy are inspired by the devil. These false teachers are evil liars who are themselves inspired by lying spirits that whisper the doctrinal excrement in their heads.

I don't mind speaking like this because as a Kiwi, I speak my mind and call a spade a spade. Think yourself fortunate that I am not like Martin Luther or an Australian, because my language would be a lot stronger than this.

These false Bible teachers will have the horrifying experience to have all their teachings, doctoral theses, and all their work burned up as wood, hay and stubble, because that is what it is.
Why would anyone in the church attribute miracles within The church to Satan?

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would anyone in the church attribute miracles within The church to Satan?
Because Satan wants to deceive those in the Church, not those he already has.

Matthew 24:24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because Satan wants to deceive those in the Church, not those he already has.

Matthew 24:24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
Okay i see what you are saying

Upvote 0

Saint Nod

Saint Nod
Feb 15, 2017
australia
✟14,040.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If so... by what authority (scripture)?
I would suggest that satan can perform miracles...though at best His power is limited. Certainly God gave satan power over Job's life, but there were limits set. A miracle is something that contradicts general nature...ie it is supernatural. And certainly what the magicians did before pharaoh (eg turning water into blood as Moses did.. Exodus 7:21,22) were supernatural. I remember, working in Japan as a missionary and there were Buddhist cults reportedly performing miracles....so: "1John 4:1 "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God..."

Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The wages of sin is death. From man to the earth and everything we see. To create satan can not. He can do lying wonders. Everything God gave him he still has. Just no GOD in it at all.

So our power is through Christ is CHRIST in us. There is no power what so ever out side of GOD. No matter what it looks like sounds like feels like..if its NOT from God.. its a lie and will fade die. What exactly he has been given from God.. no one really knows. But the battle is HIS.. and He won.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oscarr,

In Matthew 23, we read where Christ said He would send true prophets, but in the next chapter, He warns that false prophets would come. So we should expect true and false prophets.

In Exodus, magicians are able to turn sticks into snakes using their dark arts and imitate some of the other miracles that Moses performed.

The passages don't attribute the dark arts to Satan per se, but what other source would their be besides evil spirits or trickery. We can't rule out that there might be some demonic power that can do certain rather spectacular things that seem miraculous.

I have spent quite a bit of time in Indonesia. My wife went to a missions trip once up to Borneo before we got engaged. her group went into the house of a couple who were allegedly kuyung. Among the Dayak Hindu Kaharingan, it is said that certain shaman are kuyung, whose heads' separate from their bodies at certain times at night, dragging the esophagus (still neatly packaged) and fly around looking for a newborn baby's blood to drink.

The couple were both supposed to be kuyung. My wife described the neck scar, how creepy everything was in the house with the witchcraft stuff. The husband was blind, allegedly after losing a witchcraft war with another witchdoctor. She shared the gospel with the couple. The last she heard, there was a church meeting in their home.

After hearing my wife's story, I asked in the office where I worked in Jakarta about whether my co-workers believed in such things. They all did. The Filipina immigrant didn't before, but she said it had happened to one of her husband's relatives and she heard all of the stories from his family.

I had lunch a couple of months ago with a Christian couple. The wife was Dayak. She said she didn't believe in kuyung, but then she saw one out of the back of a car window, flying around. Her husband said people in Kalimantan said if you were there a few days, you wouldn't see one. But peopel who'd lived there all their lives saw one, apparently a head flying around with an exophagus behind it.

I grew up watching Scooby Doo, where the monster is always a guy behind a mask, maybe someone in a flying machine. Maybe the folks who claim to see these things and the various other supernatural phenomenon are to victims of mass delusions or magic tricks. It could be, demons are able to project illusions. Or maybe they have some sort of ability to transform mater- sticks to snakes, reattaching severed heads, etc. I keep an open mind.

I do believe in the power of God. Whether these things are demonic miracles, demonic illusions, or just plain 'ol demonic lies, I believe God's power is greater than that of the devil.

Upvote 0