Can satan deceive anyone while imprisoned in the pit?

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amils would have us believe that he can. Yet the following clearly proves he can't.

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled----And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations

It shouldn't require a rocket scientist to determine that he can't deceive the nations while imprisoned in the pit, if it is not until he is released from the pit, that he then is able to deceive the nations once again. This obviously means that he was deceiving the nations before being imprisoned in the pit. The reason he is imprisoned in the pit is so that he can no longer deceive the nations. The reason he is loosed from the pit is so that he can once again deceive the nations. That obviously means he deceives the nations twice, and that there is a time when he doesn't deceive them at all.

Revelation 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

I don't think anyone can deny that when the text indicates---for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived---that that involves satan.

Only two logical conclusions to come to in regards to----for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. Either that was meaning what he was doing before getting imprisoned in the pit, or that is meaning what he was doing after he was released from the pit once the thousand years are finished.

If we look in Revelation 19 though, there is not a single mention of him in that chapter. The lake of fire is even in view in that chapter, yet it says zero about satan getting cast into it at the time as well. But if we continue on into ch 20, we then see what becomes of satan at the time. He is not cast into the LOF at that time, he is instead cast into the bottomless pit for a thousand years.

If Revelation 20:3 and Revelation 20:7 undeniably proves satan can't deceive anyone while imprisoned in the pit, why do Amil choose to contradict this by claiming he can? If the thousand years are meaning in this age, obviously satan is still deceiving people, to this day even. That places him deceiving the nations during the thousand years though Revelation 20:3 and Revelation 20:7 undeniably proves satan can't.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2Th 1:7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Th 1:9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
2Th 1:10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

2Ti 4:1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

In 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10 Christ returns "in flaming fire".
Peter says the same thing in 2 Peter 3:10-13.
When does the fire come in Revelation chapter 20?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Then how and why in my situation?????????? I am a good man. Of course I still have certain sin in my life, Overeating, thoughts etc: But I preach, I volunteer all my time and money to the ministry. I put my arms around child molesters and murderers and drug addicts in jails and prisons and I hold little feeble hands at nursing homes as they are passing away and crying because they have been abandoned.

I preach every Sunday trying to share the love of Jesus with the ones and yet spiritually feed the elders as well and my life is upside down with critical things going wrong. My wife divorced me because my life is so stressful, My Dad just shot and killed himself, Other horrible things are happening that I can't even speak of here..
What would you say causes this?? I honestly want to know please.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan is not yet bound is the answer.

He walks to and fro seeking whom he may devour...

Scripture leads me to believe that while we rule and reign with Jesus here on the remodelled earth during the 1000 years after His 2nd coming, satan is bound... and on earth is new populations of peoples... those born during the tribulation, those who were not killed... etc BUT that to prove they truly believe in Christ Jesus (which is easy to believe while he is here with us during that millennium) they are allowed to be enticed by the devil who is loosed...

oh.. I guess the short answer is, for me, A-mils need more enlightenment?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Then how and why in my situation?????????? I am a good man. Of course I still have certain sin in my life, Overeating, thoughts etc: But I preach, I volunteer all my time and money to the ministry. I put my arms around child molesters and murderers and drug addicts in jails and prisons and I hold little feeble hands at nursing homes as they are passing away and crying because they have been abandoned.

I preach every Sunday trying to share the love of Jesus with the ones and yet spiritually feed the elders as well and my life is upside down with critical things going wrong. My wife divorced me because my life is so stressful, My Dad just shot and killed himself, Other horrible things are happening that I can't even speak of here..
What would you say causes this?? I honestly want to know please.
There are some things/perhaps a lot/ we are not allowed to post (due to the forum rules).

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
oh.. I guess the short answer is, for me, A-mils need more enlightenment?

A lot of Amils though were previously Premils. That should mean the ones who were previously Premil were already initially enlightened about some of these things, but have since started believing in theologies involving contradictions. It is a contradiction if satan can also deceive while in the pit, though the text indicates he can't. According to Revelation 20 there is only two periods of time where satan can deceive anyone. Those being, before he is cast into the pit, and after he is loosed from the pit, and certainly not while he is in the pit. Why be in the pit at all if he can still do while in the pit what he can do while not in the pit? How is that supposed to make good sense?

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well I guess I need to hear from A mils too. The problem is not satan's capabilities while in the pit, imo, but when he will be/ is in there?

I won't tread on the verse that talks about those once enlightened wink wink ... doesn't apply here.

I will share, if I may, that I have "always" been pre mil... well, once I learned of the various beliefs on this. I had a very good preacher friend, also pre mil, convince me to whole-heartedly embrace the a mil belief (we were both in Bible college at the time)... and I did... it took about a week or two to convince myself that maybe... and then... oh my! I was most miserable! I couldn't hold on to that position even another 2 weeks. I lost all hope...I couldn't see why to continue to live if I was only going to go through such horrific wrath of God! Why not all Christians to kill themselves first, go to heaven "now" and thank God for salvation. (Look at Paul's tribulations and his depression from those... seeking to be with Christ but to remain was better for the believers he would leave behind.)

I haven't studied it psychologically... but to me I cannot see why one wants (?) to be so miserable.

I live in the trust and hope of God and how I read His promises means he won't subject His bride to His wrath.

So I'll wait for some A mils to share how they have such joy of the Lord with that position... I am really curious because I couldn't find it.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
There are some things/perhaps a lot/ we are not allowed to post (due to the forum rules).
Sorry I didn't realize that this wasn't allowed here... Mods please remove ?

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Amils would have us believe that he can. Yet the following clearly proves he can't.

Of course, they are wrong, even if they are amillennialists like myself.

It shouldn't require a rocket scientist to determine that he can't deceive the nations while imprisoned in the pit, if it is not until he is released from the pit, that he then is able to deceive the nations once again. This obviously means that he was deceiving the nations before being imprisoned in the pit. The reason he is imprisoned in the pit is so that he can no longer deceive the nations. The reason he is loosed from the pit is so that he can once again deceive the nations. That obviously means he deceives the nations twice, and that there is a time when he doesn't deceive them at all.

True, but the real question for you why (and when) was Satan thrown into the bottomless pit in the first place so that he won't deceive the nations? What nations are these? And why will Satan comes out of bottomless pit to deceive these nations again?

Let hear this from you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well I guess I need to hear from A mils too. The problem is not satan's capabilities while in the pit, imo, but when he will be/ is in there?

I am an amillennialist. Ask me.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Sorry I didn't realize that this wasn't allowed here... Mods please remove ?
What you posted was fine.
What is not allowed is things like how to heal people, why some things happen, what is wrong with some denominations or groups or leaders, and so on. or perhaps anything that might offend someone, at least if they complain about it or someone complains for them, even if it is truth.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No satan cannot deceive anyone while being locked in the pit -in fact the scripture says that in very plain simple language
anyone that disagrees has not understood the plain and simple Word Of Jesus that says that satan is not able to deceive anyone while he is locked in the pit
satan has not yet been imprisoned because that happens when Jesus returns

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
A lot of Amils though were previously Premils. That should mean the ones who were previously Premil were already initially enlightened about some of these things, but have since started believing in theologies involving contradictions. It is a contradiction if satan can also deceive while in the pit, though the text indicates he can't. According to Revelation 20 there is only two periods of time where satan can deceive anyone. Those being, before he is cast into the pit, and after he is loosed from the pit, and certainly not while he is in the pit. Why be in the pit at all if he can still do while in the pit what he can do while not in the pit? How is that supposed to make good sense?
Realize that pre-mil and a-mil both may be wrong, or may be accompanied by many false teachers/ teachings.
(for other threads)

If a tree is planted BEFORE Jesus returns to earth, will it keep growing and giving fruit AFTER Jesus returns to earth to reign as written ?

Of course.

Thus, the bad seeds and trees (so to speak) in people that hasatan planted in society/ people/ the world BEFORE he is chained up , all the badness that hasatan STARTED before being chained up,
will CONTINUE (at least potentially, for and in those who are not purchased by the BLOOD of the LAMB and SET APART (HOLY) in CHRIST JESUS)
to produce sin/ bad fruit/ even while hasatan is bound.
will CONTINUE

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course, they are wrong, even if they are amillennialists like myself.

True, but the real question for you why (and when) was Satan thrown into the bottomless pit in the first place so that he won't deceive the nations? What nations are these? And why will Satan comes out of bottomless pit to deceive these nations again?

Let hear this from you.

Let's look at the following from 2 perspectives---Premil and Amil.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Per Premil these in verse 4, who lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years, these would be the same ones included in the camp of the saints in verse 9.

Per Amil these in verse 4, who lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years, would still be in heaven with Christ when the camp of the saints are compassed. Therefore no connection with those in verse 4 with any of those in verse 9. In verse 8 and 9, the scene is the earth. But if the camp of the saints is in heaven at the time, satan and his armies wouldn't be compassing the camp of the saints in heaven. From what I can tell then, assuming Amil, there is no connection with those reigning a thousand years with Christ, if they are reigning in heaven, with that of the saints who are being compassed about. How can the camp of the saints being compassed about, not be meaning any of those that are reigning with Christ a thousand years?

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Let's look at the following from 2 perspectives---Premil and Amil.

Time out. You have avoided my questions. I did not ask about the Saints. You try again, per my previous post:

1.) When did Satan was thrown into the bottomless pit?
2.) Why?
3.) What does the "deceive the nations" means?
4.) And why will Satan comes out of bottomless pit in order to deceive the nations AGAIN?

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1) When Yahweh orders it.

When?

2) Because Yahweh orders it.

Wow! You did not even read the Scripture for REASON WHY God had Satan in bottomless pit. You need to do more research with rest of Scripture beyond said verse!

3) Trick, get to follow a false god or false Christ, lie to.

Trick to have "nations" to follow a false god? Do you really understand what God is talking about here?

4) It is written.

My goodness. You need to read Scripture since God already told us why Satan will be loosened from bottomless pit to deceive the nations. Don't say, "It is written." God has a reason for it right in His Scripture, go back and research some more.

• Agree
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
When?

Wow! You did not even read the Scripture for REASON WHY God had Satan in bottomless pit. You need to do more research with rest of Scripture beyond said verse!

Trick to have "nations" to follow a false god? Do you really understand what God is talking about here?

My goodness. You need to read Scripture since God already told us why Satan will be loosened from bottomless pit to deceive the nations. Don't say, "It is written." God has a reason for it right in His Scripture, go back and research some more.
Notice you asked seemingly rhetorical questions,
and then when the truth was told ,
you act as if you didn't want an answer.

If you already know/ read what is written and have no real question , why ask ?

Upvote 0