Can people still die after the Millenium?

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We like to think of that verse:
"There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed." Isaiah 65:20

Or in Brenton's Old Testament:
"Neither shall there be there any more a child that dies untimely, or an old man who shall not complete his time: for the youth shall be a hundred years old, and the sinner who dies at a hundred years shall also be accursed"

But is it in the Millenium? Let's just a few verses back:
"For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying."

So, it IS talking about the time after the Millenium - eternity. At least that's how I understand it.

We see also a distinction between those two phases - Millenium and eternity.

"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." 1 Corinthians 15:24-28

I will confess I do not have the answer on that matter. Looks like God does not want us to know yet, yet it's interesting, since every scripture is important, isn't it? What is the end? The Greek word translated as "end" is "telos", which can also mean "a toll" or "a limit". It can refer to either the second coming, armaggedon, but it can also refer to the end of the Millenial Reign, which is described in Revelation 20:7-9.

Also, notice it states He will reign TILL all enemies are defeated, then He will deliver the kingdom up to the Father. Of course, it won't be until then that death will be cast into the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:14). However, death, it seems, still seems to be there as a form of discipline. Notice that it is described as the last enemy that will be destroyed. Yes, death. Not Satan. Not the ungodly. Shouldn't that give us thinking? Like I said, I still lack of the answers.

Maybe we should read the Apocrypha. I am aware many oppose it. But it was widespread by the early church.

That are my thoughts so far. What are yours? Do you have a better explaination?

Reactions: Zao is life

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybe we should read the Apocrypha. I am aware many oppose it. But it was widespread by the early church.

Ahhh... if the Bible is not enough to know about the millennial kingdom or eternity, let's check with the book of Apocrypha.

If the book of Matthew is not enough to know how the temple will fall, let's check with the book of Josephus.

That is what many people are doing nowadays. Sad.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone will have different beliefs on this but I believe after Christ returns we are through with the flesh period. So there will be no more death in that aspect of a flesh death. All will be changed in an instant at the last trump.

I Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"

I Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

I Corinthians 15:53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

Some believe that people will still be flesh in the Millenium. And some believe we are in the Millenium right now so there are many different beliefs out there.

And of course at Judgement Day some will suffer the second death. After that I believe both hell and death will pass away because we see that all things are new and the former are passed away.

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everyone will have different beliefs on this but I believe after Christ returns we are through with the flesh period. So there will be no more death in that aspect of a flesh death. All will be changed in an instant at the last trump.

I Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"

I Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

I Corinthians 15:53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

Some believe that people will still be flesh in the Millenium. And some believe we are in the Millenium right now so there are many different beliefs out there.

And of course at Judgement Day some will suffer the second death. After that I believe both hell and death will pass away because we see that all things are new and the former are passed away.
Indeed. Hell will be cast into the Lake of Fire - the second death. The passage from Corinthians is about the rapture. But what about those who got saved after it? Keep in mind I reject the pre trib idea, I believe the Bible is clear that the rapture comes a year prior to the second coming (Isaiah 34:8 + Jeremiah 30:7).

Yet, the passage in Isaiah I posted my show that the eternal life is still conditional. If it wasn't, partaking in the tree of life" wasn't required.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed." Isaiah 65:20

"Neither shall there be there any more a child that dies untimely, or an old man who shall not complete his time: for the youth shall be a hundred years old, and the sinner who dies at a hundred years shall also be accursed"

"For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying."

So, it IS talking about the time after the Millenium - eternity. At least that's how I understand it.

"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." 1 Corinthians 15:24-28

I will confess I do not have the answer on that matter. Looks like God does not want us to know yet, yet it's interesting, since every scripture is important, isn't it? What is the end? The Greek word translated as "end" is "telos", which can also mean "a toll" or "a limit". It can refer to either the second coming, armaggedon, but it can also refer to the end of the Millenial Reign, which is described in Revelation 20:7-9.

Also, notice it states He will reign TILL all enemies are defeated, then He will deliver the kingdom up to the Father. Of course, it won't be until then that death will be cast into the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:14). However, death, it seems, still seems to be there as a form of discipline. Notice that it is described as the last enemy that will be destroyed. Yes, death. Not Satan. Not the ungodly. Shouldn't that give us thinking? Like I said, I still lack of the answers.

My thoughts are " there is no Millennial era" for reasons such as this one, it's not the least bit clear. Blessings.

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My thoughts are " there is no Millennial era" for reasons such as this one, it's not the least bit clear. Blessings.
Yet, Revelation 20 adresses liteally "THOUSAND YEARS" multiple times.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet, Revelation 20 adresses liteally "THOUSAND YEARS" multiple times.
It is safe to say that the Messianic Kingdom has no end therefore 1000 years can also be taken as the " day of eternity " as Peter indicated. Considering the highly symbolic nature of the book of Revelation, the A-mil possition is plausible.
Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The title of your thread says after the millennium. Did you instead mean during the millennium, the fact it is undeniable that one can still die after the millennium(Revelation 20:9)?

Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them

Obviously, they are initially alive but they wouldn't still be alive once they are devoured by fire, though. The fact they are alive after the millennium tells us that they are alive during the millennium. Otherwise, are we to think they just popped out of nowhere all of a sudden, that they weren't even alive during the millennium, but then magically appear once the millennium has ended? Plus we have to remember, the number of them are as the sand of the sea.

What about these during the millennium---verse 5 the rest of the dead? Aren't they already dead before the millennium begins and that they remain dead until after the millennium has finished? Thus far we can determine, if anyone dies during the millennium, it can't be any of the rest of the dead since they are already dead before the millennium begins, nor can it be any of those in verse 8, the number of whom is as the sand of the sea, since they don't die until the end of satan's little season after the millennium.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May I requote 1 Corinthians 15:25?
For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
I believe the challenge here is this verse has nothing to do with a Millennial reign and everything to do with the bodily ressurection of the saints on the last day.
Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe the challenge here is this verse has nothing to do with a Millennial reign and everything to do with the bodily ressurection of the saints on the last day.
I disagree with that interpretation, sister. Reigning in the NT is always about the Millenium.
The title of your thread says after the millennium. Did you instead mean during the millennium, the fact it is undeniable that one can still die after the millennium(Revelation 20:9)?

Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them
You got a good point. I heard that interpretation that Isaiah 65:20 talks about a post-Millenial judgement period. I can't say whether that's true or not, I doubt it.
What about these during the millennium---verse 5 the rest of the dead? Aren't they already dead before the millennium begins and that they remain dead until after the millennium has finished?
Yeah, I believe they remain in Hades/hell. At least until the GWTJ.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing!

You are Amil, correct? If so, the fact Amils take the millennium to be now and that they take Christ to be reigning now, isn't it then contradictory to insist His reign has zero to do with the millennium?

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard that interpretation that Isaiah 65:20 talks about a post-Millenial judgement period. I can't say whether that's true or not, I doubt it.

I have never been able to make much sense of that verse myself. I'm not convinced anyone has, otherwise I likely would have adopted their interpretation of that verse by now if I was convinced that someone was making perfect sense of that verse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I know right!

The video is nothing but extra-biblical garbage. It's like the scholarship required in determining if the Apocrypha books were part of the Bible or not. It's based on sound scholarship, not on whether they were included in other texts. There's no, "we can't come to a conclusion." That's defeatism. We surely can know. Not only is the scholarship concerning the Apocrypha on the side of non-authentic, but reading the text itself, in harmony with the rest of the Bible, "it is demonstrated vividly" that those texts don't belong and have no agreement with the rest of the Bible. That is to say, once we start interpreting Scripture by Scripture. The same as the Scholarship required in reading Mark chapter 16 verses. It proves they are in "perfect" harmony with the rest of the Bible and with themselves, and "Demonstrate Vividly" that those texts do belong and have a perfect agreement with the rest of the Bible--when we interpret Scripture by Scripture. The exact opposite of the Apocrypha texts! So while Scholars can come down on both sides of the issue, at best only one can be correct. ...and we "can" know which!

Moving on because obviously, like you, one does not know how to compare Scripture with Scripture alone which is why one is looking for interpretations or imaginations with extra-biblical books that professed Christians do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know right!

The video is nothing but extra-biblical garbage. It's like the scholarship required in determining if the Apocrypha books were part of the Bible or not.
Originally, they were in the KJV :)
I have never been able to make much sense of that verse myself. I'm not convinced anyone has, otherwise I likely would have adopted their interpretation of that verse by now if I was convinced that someone was making perfect sense of that verse.
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5

Reactions: Zao is life
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are Amil, correct? If so, the fact Amils take the millennium to be now and that they take Christ to be reigning now, isn't it then contradictory to insist His reign has zero to do with the millennium?
There is no Millennium. He reigns now and forever.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no Millennium. He reigns now and forever.

What about what this passage records?

1 Corinthians 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

What I have underlined, doesn't that contradict reigning forever and ever? Instead of it having to be a contradiction though, it is not a contradiction if prior to the end coming it involves reigning during the millennium, and then after the millennium, it involves still reigning during satan's little season, and then still reigning during the great white throne judgment. Therefore, it's not that Christ doesn't reign forever and ever, because clearly He does, it's that He doesn't reign forever and ever in the sense involving all rule and all authority and power, which involves judging and judgment, things that will no longer be necessary once the great white throne judgment has concluded. But until the great white judgment takes place and has concluded entirely, the end meant in 1 Corinthians 15:24 hasn't possibly arrived in the meantime. And before the great white throne judgment can even take place, there has to be a millennium that precedes it first.

Upvote 0