Can non-Christians be saved? (for liberal Christians)

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Nobody is born Christian. People who follow other religions can be saved by choosing to change, but they have to hear the Gospel and make the decision themselves. I am a former atheist. Another CF member is a former Mormon. Chances are good more posters have switched religions but don't talk about it.

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2019
Selah
✟8,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I address this questions to brothers and sisters who are liberals, do you believe that people who don't follow Christianity and don't believe in Jesus (Eg: Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Agnostics, Atheists, Baha'is, Animists Jews, etc.) can be saved Even if they never believe in Christianity? Or Salvation can only be found within Christianity??

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I responded to this thread earlier and am not changing what I said there, but I will just come out and also say that I believe that everyone who *wants* or chooses to be saved will be saved. I believe that when Jesus returns for judgment, it will be a time when all will be *fully informed* of the truth of who God is and all will be able to make a *fully informed* choice as to whether or not they wish to live forever with God.

It's not Universalism since each person has an opportunity to say no, but it's also possible that no one would actually say no.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Who will be saved and who will not? I do not know for certain. All I do know is that the God I worship is the One who created the heavens and the earth and His knowledge, wisdom and love is utterly mind blowing - much more than our finite minds can take in. There are many Christians who believe that "God cannot do this or that", but ultimately our all-powerful, all-knowing and omnipresent God can do exactly what He likes and is in no way limited by our own constructs and understanding.

Upvote 0