Can N Korea really attack the United States?

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What if the counter-attacks fail?

If it takes multiple attempts to stop it so be it, but we would have more than enough time to counter anything they try. We would have to completely screw something up terribly to not be able to stop their attack.

Upvote 0

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
At absolute most their reach would be the west coast of the US. Judging by the fact that their missile launch just failed a week or so ago I think their program is probably far behind what they claim it to be.

I wouldn't worry too much about them. The fact that they seem to have lost China's support makes them doing anything that stupid even less likely.

• Agree
Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you think this thing with North Korea will end? If they do attack us, will it literally be the end of the world?

A north korea attack is no where near the end of the world. If somehow russia decides to attack us which is highly unlikely, then we would be talking about some serious end of the world possibilities. But we are no where near anything like that.

• Agree
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI SWL,

It's extremely unlikely that N. Korea would directly attack us. They're not stupid. They know that we have the ability to completely level their entire nation. They don't. As has been mentioned, the U.S. has a perimeter defense system that is rivaled by no other nation. The only way they could possibly launch missiles that we wouldn't be able to stop would be by submarine off of our coast. We have all kinds of measures in place to prevent any unwanted submarine from even getting close enough to fire off a missile without our knowing about it beforehand.

Now, might N. Korea attack some neighboring country to them that might provoke us into engaging in some sort of military skirmish, I have no doubt. That they can do. Keep in mind that every time they test fire missiles we know about it. We have satellites that can tell us the second they fire any kind of long range missile and we have tracking procedures, much like air traffic controllers, that can watch the trajectory of any such missile. It would be impossible for N. Korea to attack the U.S. directly in such a way.

The U.S. is fairly protected from any sort of large scale attack from other nations. The only way 9/11 was successful was that the aggressors came into our country and used our own technology as a weapon from inside our borders. And even 9/11, while it was a terrible event, didn't harm a whole lot of people. A few thousand is a pretty small number in a nation of 300 million people.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think they could fully get to the US currently. Anyways we have amazing defense systems in place to take out such missiles.

However they can attack Japan, South Korea easily. There wouldn't be a ton of time to react to stop missiles launched at them. My wife is in the Philippines currently. And I have a friend in Japan who the government is telling people to stay inside today because they think North Korea may launch sarin gas missiles at Japan. Will it happen? I don't know. NK is mostly just talk and no bite. But never underestimate what a mad man will do if he feels threatened.

• Agree
Upvote 0

LutheranGuy123

Feb 23, 2017
Texas
✟28,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just to calm your nerves a bit, remember that everything said here is just the stuff the US tells us about. You can bet your favorite body part that that's just scratching the surface of our defensive technology.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I also hear about "false flags" being reported about the US government detonating nukes and blaming it on foreign soil.
That was proposed and possibly ordered over a decade ago.

It was reported that those who stopped it from happening (the highest officials in the U.S.NAVY ) were FIRED for stopping it.

It looks like our worst enemy is within the country, already inside the government.

No matter what , God's Word, God's Promise, is better than any threat.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have been thinking for a while and I'm scared a lot. I know if I love Jesus I shouldn't be scared. I pray for the Lord to guide me to somebody who knows more about the issue. Should I fear dying from North Korea?
Considering I'm much more likely to be killed here at home in America, I don't worry too much about being killed in a hypothetical nuclear strike from North Korea.

• Agree
Upvote 0

gudz23

Jul 29, 2007
✟19,118.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The North Korean regime has a lot to gain by achieving the capability to reach the US with their missiles, but very little to gain by launching a random attack on an American city.

Not only, would the US most likely shoot their missiles down, long before they cross the ocean, but more importantly, it would be wishing total annihilation upon itself. Even China would declare war on them, probably be the first to nuke them too. North Korean leaders obviously know they can't take on the US and expect to win, so they won't. Doesn't mean they don't want the bragging rights that comes with the "theoretical" ability to strike you, if they wanted/needed to.

Their missile program is for self-preservation purposes only. They want the ability to promise plenty collateral damage, in order to minimize the risk of invasion. And they can deliver plenty of damage to South Korea, Japan, and even China, if China turns on them. And you really can't rule out the US completely once they reach that milestone.

The US's recent aggression is therefor dangerous and unnecessary in my opinion. There's no point "saving" the north Korean people, if nothing but rubble remains once it's done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,017.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
North Korea has 70 submarines most of them could launch nukes. So there's that...

Not sure there is any public info on north korean submarine launched ballistic missile systems. Also their subs are old design and easily detectable. The real threat to mainland USA comes from the land based ballistic missile programme.

Many of these could be destroyed at source and many others shot down but there is no guarantee all would be shot down if enough were launched.

This is the time for China and the USA to act. It is now or never. The US seem focused on just eliminating the nukes which will please a China that is opposed to regime change and the possibility of a united Korea. But China have yet to demonstrate any real desire to exercise influence on the regime on this issue.

Upvote 0

AJTruth

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
winter haven fl
✟22,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not sure there is any public info on north korean submarine launched ballistic missile systems. Also their subs are old design and easily detectable. The real threat to mainland USA comes from the land based ballistic missile programme.

Many of these could be destroyed at source and many others shot down but there is no guarantee all would be shot down if enough were launched.

This is the time for China and the USA to act. It is now or never. The US seem focused on just eliminating the nukes which will please a China that is opposed to regime change and the possibility of a united Korea. But China have yet to demonstrate any real desire to exercise influence on the regime on this issue.

Your being uninformed doesn't change the facts. Do a simple google search on N. Korean Submarines.

We have a better chance of detecting & shooting down land launched missiles.

No doubt we can find & easily destroy their subs. However, they have the right to sail in international waters. Once one of their subs launches a nuke into the US. Destroying the sub is moot.

Finally waiting for Chinas help is a lame strategy

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,017.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your being uninformed doesn't change the facts. Do a simple google search on N. Korean Submarines.

We have a better chance of detecting & shooting down land launched missiles.

No doubt we can find & easily destroy their subs. However, they have the right to sail in international waters. Once one of their subs launches a nuke into the US. Destroying the sub is moot.

Finally waiting for Chinas help is a lame strategy

The Pukkuksong-1 has a range of only 500km. The only submarine equipped to fire it is the Sinpo class which has a range of some 2500km. Do the math this submarine launch capability is not a threat to mainland USA.

The submarines could be easily destroyed and are quite detectable. So their best option is to hide a nuke in a cargo ship, or long haul aircraft on a suicide mission (blow up over major city), or use a land based launched system.

The biggest immediate threat is to South Korea and Japan. The problem and threat is only likely to get worse over time.

It is not a lame strategy to exhaust all hope of a peaceful solution before resorting to the military option. China is the key to a peaceful solution.

• Agree
Upvote 0