Can Iraq Occupation Supporters Explain This Contradiction?

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Iam guessing most have not read the Iraq Consitution so let me point out the contradiction. The majority claim Islam is the root or at least a major factor in terrorism. Article 2 states Islam is the official religion of Iraq and no law may be passed that contradicts Islam. It also states it is a fundamental source for legislation. So how can you support a de facto Islamic theocracy? Ironically, the Ba'ath Party was secular. So, we removed a brutal secular dictator to install a de facto Islamic theocracy. This is what our troops are dying for?

N

Nathan45

isn't it great how the leading political party in iraq, supreme council for the islamic revolution in iraq ( SCIRI ) is basically a former terrorist arm of Iran not at all dissimilar to hizbollah.

Then throw in Badr organization, the 2nd top party, which is an offshoot of SCIRI, and as the voice of reason you have Moqtada Al-Sadr's faction :doh:

...the country's leadership is basically an unsteady coalition of shi'ite fundamentalists.

But hey, al-qaeda is on the run, isn't it :sorry: ? or you could say that it's plainly incredible how long a sunni-terrorist organization can last in a shi'ite dominated country.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Excellent points and one main reason for the continued attacks on our troops is that we are supporting the Shia dominated government. So go figure, in the War on Terror our troops are dying to protect islamic radicals.

Upvote 0

Kutte

Dec 30, 2007
USA
✟31,666.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Green
By removing the dictator Saddam Hussein the door swung wide open for sectarian hostilities and Muslim extremists which were held in check by Saddam's police state government.

One needs to distinguish, however, between the majority of peaceful Muslims and a minority of fanatical extremists ready to terrorize the population and outsiders deemed as infidels.

By invading and occupying Iraq America has done a big favor for the Al-Qaeda terrorist group.
The big irony is that the ruling Shi'it majority is closely related to the Iranian Shi'its.

Kutte

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How is alkida tied to iraq? I dont see any connections at all. What i do see is iraq went from a secular to de facto islamic government. Thought we were fighting islamic extremists so why are our troops dying to defend them?

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If this didnt get bumped the Crickets Union was going to file a grievance. Seems like any thread that goes past talking points and fluff rhetoric goes on stealth mode.
Mention a connection between Bush and primates and this thread could go on for a week :)

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There you go. You have just extended this thread out a few days :) Too bad you will be probably be reported like I was. The reasonreported was that I was a nazi.:eek:

I guess somebody did not understand that I wasn't comparing Bush to a primate. I was merely telling realdealneverstop how to post a thread that will get a response.

realdealneverstop has a great point and I expect no republican or jarhead to make a comment.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, Iam a Republican so maybe you meant bush or iraq occupation supporter? There are many of us who dont support bush or the admin's very liberal policies. Thanks for the affirmation of the point in the op and it is strange how things like this get ignored.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums