America
✟13,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My friend is muslim and he means a lot to me. We both love eachother but we can't be together since I am a Christian and he is Muslim. I was wondering if it is possible to reach his heart so that he could let Christ in?

How did some of you come to God? I know that it's not easy and I'm trying my best not to give up on him. Is there hope?

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I came to Christ from Islam. Islam is deceptive, as it actually confesses many things which the Christian faith does, too. One God, prophethood, heaven, hell, judgement. Most Muslims are decent people. But their faith is essentially a dead end.

If I had not wound up converting to Islam, I would never have been confronted with Christ. The Isa of Islam is just a prophet, who did not die for us, and who was never the Son of God. I set out to convince Christians of this, and wound up getting really angry, but increasingly aware that the Christian faith seemed to give these people peace, which I lacked. I had pride and logic, but no genuine peace, or personal nearness to God.

When I broke down and allowed myself to question Islam, the scales began to fall off. I read the hadith, and began to learn what kind of man Muhammad had truly been. It was very upsetting. Becoming a Christian was very, very hard for me. Spiritually. And socially. I lost friends, had to quit my job, move, and start over. Not doing so could have been dangerous. But it has been worth it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My friend is muslim and he means a lot to me. We both love eachother but we can't be together since I am a Christian and he is Muslim. I was wondering if it is possible to reach his heart so that he could let Christ in?

How did some of you come to God? I know that it's not easy and I'm trying my best not to give up on him. Is there hope?
Reach out to Hazelelponi.
She'd give you some good advice.

Upvote 0

Justachristiangirl

Feb 15, 2019
America
✟13,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I came to Christ from Islam. Islam is deceptive, as it actually confesses many things which the Christisn faith does, too. One God, prophethood, heaven, hell, judgement. Most Muslims are decent people. But their faith is essentially a dead end.

If I had not wound up converting to Islam, I would never have been confronted with Christ. The Isa of Islam is just a prophet, who did not die for us, and who was never the Son of God. I set out to convince Christians of this, and wound up getting really angry, but increasingly aware that the Christian faith seemed to give these people peace, which I lacked. I had pride and logic, but no genuine peace, or personal nearness to God.

When I broke down and allowed myself to question Islam, the scales began to fall off. I read the hadith, and began to learn what kind of man Muhammad had truly been. It was very upsetting. Becoming a Christian was very, very hard for me. Spiritually. And socially. I lost friends, had to quit my job, move, and start over. Not doing so could have been dangerous. But it has been worth it.
Thank you so much that was amazing

• Friendly
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Basically, I broke down after isha prayers one night, and asked God (I could not say "Allah" that night), if Jesus were His Son, and if He wanted me to follow Him? And which religion was true. Could He please give me a sign? I head a dream that night, that Christ saved me from a car accident. I woke up, somehow, different, complete, alive, happy. Whole. I began to read the New Testament with great joy and started to follow Christ!

Upvote 0

Justachristiangirl

Feb 15, 2019
America
✟13,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Basically, I broke down after isha prayers one night, and asked God (I could not say "Allah" that night), if Jesus were His Son, and if He wanted me to follow Him? And which religion was true. Could He please give me a sign? I head a dream that night, that Christ saved me from a car accident. I woke up, somehow, different, complete, alive, happy. Whole. I began to read the New Testament with great joy and started to follow Christ!
Awww that made me smile. I have a lot of dreams from God too and I feel the holy spirit a lot. The energy that God gives us is so unexplainable and amazing.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jkjk

초능력을 쓴다
Sep 28, 2018
Mombasa
✟27,043.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You didn't say where you and your friend are from. In some cases, asking a Muslim to convert is asking them to be disowned by their family and society. I know a Muslim Iraqi refugee who has hidden his marriage from his family for years, because he cannot bear to tell them he has married a non-Muslim. As a result, his children have never met their aunts, uncles, or grandparents. The burden this has created has been heavy, especially for his wife who can't help but feel as though their marriage is not truly legitimate or blessed as long as it must remain hidden.

My own situation was similiar to yours. I wanted to marry a Muslim. But there was absolutely no way my then-SO would convert, because that would have meant being disowned. Although my SO held fairly secular views, giving up everyone and everything and never being able to go home again was just too much to ask. And for me to even ask that would have been selfish. Even if my SO didn't convert, the act of marrying me (a non-Muslim) would have meant the same thing in the eyes of my SO's family and society. So practically speaking it was the same thing.

So my struggle became whether I could convert. Just as there are Christian Buddhists, could it be possible to be a Christian Muslim? Ultimately, even if I could construct an argument to reconcile 99% of Christian and Muslim beliefs, the 1% I couldn't reconcile was just too significant. That 1% was the nature of Jesus. And on a practical level, to convert would have scandalized my entire family as well. In our case, it was simply too much. It did not work out.

My advice to you is to keep praying. I wish you luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hi. I've already tried to give you some advice in your other thread, but I'll be happy to respond here as I responded there not knowing the rules to that specific forum.

To answer your question of how I came to Christ:

Someone shared the Gospel with me, a person who was extremely knowledgeable in scripture having studied for years.

The mention of long term study is an important point because I'm an American Muslim so I was around Christians my entire life - I just never understood some very key differences between Islam and Christianity and there hadn't been a Christian who could explain Christianity to me well, prior to this particular Christian who had the right amount of knowledge.

So First - I recognised Christ in this last person who shared the Gospel with me. That is why they shared the Gospel with me in the first place - because I recognised Christ in them and asked about their Jesus. (I had never recognised Christ in anyone before this.)

Secondly - They were able to answer every argument and every objection and show me that Christianity was a true faith and Islam was false.

Yet, for all this persons knowledge and all their teaching (which was beautiful) I still couldn't understand salvation.

There was some kind of mental block and as much as I would have loved to worship the Christian God, without understanding the key concept to faith, namely salvation, I couldn't practice the faith so I became agnostic.

I stopped practicing Islam, stopped praying and everything but as I couldn't understand salvation I just did my day to day life and stopped thinking about Godly things...

After two years of being agnostic, one night I ended up having a dream where the Angel of God explained salvation to me and I was saved that night before I even woke up.

I've been Christian ever since, and devoutly so..

That is my story, as short as I can possibly make it.

In the end, people can't convert others, all we can do is share the message of the Gospel with knowledge, while filled with the Spirit, and then stand back and let God take it from there.

As the Bible says faith is a gift from God... your role in that gift is to pray for people and let God work.

Your heart is at work in this situation and you've somehow convinced yourself that you need to turn this guy into a Christian - but you can't. Only Christ has that ability. People shared the Gospel with me my whole life yet I was 40ish when the perfect storm occurred in which all the circumstances were perfect for me to begin to understand - and even then God made sure I was physically safe before I was saved. (your not always safe from family, even in western nations, after converting.)

So, thats my story as far of how I came to belief in Christ for my salvation.

If you want to know more about cultural differences between middle eastern Muslims and Americans I can share those with you as well as they are many. And with a Muslim man they are nearly insurmountable, even for other Muslims.

There is a reason Muslims who immigrated to western countries from the middle east are trying to find other second generation immigrants for their children, who were born in the west, to marry. For most there is a serious, near insurmountable cultural difference between those born in the west and those born in Muslim countries, even for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Deuteronomy 7:1-5
2 Corinthians 6:14-16

you're not going to be able to be around this person without being tempted to be romantically involved with them. someone else is going to need to deal with him as far as being a Christ following influence on him. ultimately, as already mentioned here, it is the LORD who converts, we simply share the message of the gospel.

dating him would be a no no, but you can, and should, definitely pray for him if you truly care about him.

Upvote 0

Justachristiangirl

Feb 15, 2019
America
✟13,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Deuteronomy 7:1-5
2 Corinthians 6:14-16

you're not going to be able to be around this person without being tempted to be romantically involved with them. someone else is going to need to deal with him as far as being a Christ following influence on him. ultimately, as already mentioned here, it is the LORD who converts, we simply share the message of the gospel.

dating him would be a no no, but you can, and should, definitely pray for him if you truly care about him.
Yeah that's what I'm planning on doing.. it will take a lot of time and patience too. He's very sensitive and calls many former muslims "ignorant". I don't know what to do with him sometimes. But I respect him and keep praying. Because coming to God is his choice and it's up to him.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah that's what I'm planning on doing.. it will take a lot of time and patience too. He's very sensitive and calls many former muslims "ignorant". I don't know what to do with him sometimes. But I respect him and keep praying. Because coming to God is his choice and it's up to him.
Quite a lot of former Muslims were imams, sheikhs, well-read and devout men and women.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justachristiangirl

Feb 15, 2019
America
✟13,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi. I've already tried to give you some advice in your other thread, but I'll be happy to respond here as I responded there not knowing the rules to that specific forum.

To answer your question of how I came to Christ:

Someone shared the Gospel with me, a person who was extremely knowledgeable in scripture having studied for years.

The mention of long term study is an important point because I'm an American Muslim so I was around Christians my entire life - I just never understood some very key differences between Islam and Christianity and there hadn't been a Christian who could explain Christianity to me well, prior to this particular Christian who had the right amount of knowledge.

So First - I recognised Christ in this last person who shared the Gospel with me. That is why they shared the Gospel with me in the first place - because I recognised Christ in them and asked about their Jesus. (I had never recognised Christ in anyone before this.)

Secondly - They were able to answer every argument and every objection and show me that Christianity was a true faith and Islam was false.

Yet, for all this persons knowledge and all their teaching (which was beautiful) I still couldn't understand salvation.

There was some kind of mental block and as much as I would have loved to worship the Christian God, without understanding the key concept to faith, namely salvation, I couldn't practice the faith so I became agnostic.

I stopped practicing Islam, stopped praying and everything but as I couldn't understand salvation I just did my day to day life and stopped thinking about Godly things...

After two years of being agnostic, one night I ended up having a dream where the Angel of God explained salvation to me and I was saved that night before I even woke up.

I've been Christian ever since, and devoutly so..

That is my story, as short as I can possibly make it.

In the end, people can't convert others, all we can do is share the message of the Gospel with knowledge, while filled with the Spirit, and then stand back and let God take it from there.

As the Bible says faith is a gift from God... your role in that gift is to pray for people and let God work.

Your heart is at work in this situation and you've somehow convinced yourself that you need to turn this guy into a Christian - but you can't. Only Christ has that ability. People shared the Gospel with me my whole life yet I was 40ish when the perfect storm occurred in which all the circumstances were perfect for me to begin to understand - and even then God made sure I was physically safe before I was saved. (your not always safe from family, even in western nations, after converting.)

So, thats my story as far of how I came to belief in Christ for my salvation.

If you want to know more about cultural differences between middle eastern Muslims and Americans I can share those with you as well as they are many. And with a Muslim man they are nearly insurmountable, even for other Muslims.

There is a reason Muslims who immigrated to western countries from the middle east are trying to find other second generation immigrants for their children, who were born in the west, to marry. For most there is a serious, near insurmountable cultural difference between those born in the west and those born in Muslim countries, even for us.
That was beautiful I'm glad that everything is okay now. He's very sensitive and honestly I think still immature in a way. You're right though I can't convert him, I can't do much really. But should I still study the Bible and Quran so that I could answer his questions better? Please pray for him too if you can.. right now it's very hard and its exhausting at times. But I can't let anger or frustration take over me. Because it takes time and I believe that one day he'll understand...

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Justachristiangirl

Feb 15, 2019
America
✟13,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Quite a lot of former Muslims were imams, sheikhs, well-read and devout men and women.
Yes I know. I showed him a video of someone who was very deep into Islam and he studied the Quran all his life.. but he still ended up converting. And when I showed him the video he got very upset and said that the guy didn't understand his own religion. But I feel like he himself doesn't understand what he believes in to be honest.

Upvote 0

Justachristiangirl

Feb 15, 2019
America
✟13,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You didn't say where you and your friend are from. In some cases, asking a Muslim to convert is asking them to be disowned by their family and society. I know a Muslim Iraqi refugee who has hidden his marriage from his family for years, because he cannot bear to tell them he has married a non-Muslim. As a result, his children have never met their aunts, uncles, or grandparents. The burden this has created has been heavy, especially for his wife who can't help but feel as though their marriage is not truly legitimate or blessed as long as it must remain hidden.

My own situation was similiar to yours. I wanted to marry a Muslim. But there was absolutely no way my then-SO would convert, because that would have meant being disowned. Although my SO held fairly secular views, giving up everyone and everything and never being able to go home again was just too much to ask. And for me to even ask that would have been selfish. Even if my SO didn't convert, the act of marrying me (a non-Muslim) would have meant the same thing in the eyes of my SO's family and society. So practically speaking it was the same thing.

So my struggle became whether I could convert. Just as there are Christian Buddhists, could it be possible to be a Christian Muslim? Ultimately, even if I could construct an argument to reconcile 99% of Christian and Muslim beliefs, the 1% I couldn't reconcile was just too significant. That 1% was the nature of Jesus. And on a practical level, to convert would have scandalized my entire family as well. In our case, it was simply too much. It did not work out.

My advice to you is to keep praying. I wish you luck.
Thank you I'll keep on praying ^^ He's from india and I'm from Ukraine but I live in America

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That was beautiful I'm glad that everything is okay now. He's very sensitive and honestly I think still immature in a way. You're right though I can't convert him, I can't do much really. But should I still study the Bible and Quran so that I could answer his questions better? Please pray for him too if you can.. right now it's very hard and its exhausting at times. But I can't let anger or frustration take over me. Because it takes time and I believe that one day he'll understand...

No. You should not study the Quran to give him better answers.

The Quran alone is not Islam for one, the religion of Islam is coupled with ahadith which number in the thousands upon thousands on top of Quran, and you have to know the science of ahadith in order to have discussions with most knowledgeable Muslims.

It's a lifetime of study and not your place. Leave those types of discussions to those who know the faith already and can speak to their own people.

In Christianity what you can do is provide an answer for your own faith to those who ask you what your beliefs are.

This is your job, not studying a foreign religion.

And certainly not going against your God due to your love of a boy who has already told you he cannot reciprocate these feelings.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0