Can I reconcile with my ex-husband after divorce?

kevintri99

May 23, 2016
Princeton Junction
✟17,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He just backed out of the relationship again. We are long distance from each other, and he would like to move farther away. We have talked a very small amount since then. I miss him, but I'm not going to chase him. He knows what he needs to do if he should ever want to try again, if I'm still available. I'm not moving beyond light, friendly care you orsation unless he comes through in a big way.
Are you ok?

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Are you ok?

I'm sorry. I am fine, thank you. I had gotten sick, and I have also changed jobs. The combination has had me exhausted.

To answer your questions, we typically talk a lot about getting married and our hopes for what our future will be like together. I would like for him to become more present in my life than he has been in the past before I'm willing to talk about a future together. Usually as this on-again/off-again thing comes and goes, when it comes back, we just jump right back in where we left off at as if there was no break at all. I feel that I shouldn't do that this time unless he does some tangible things, like the visits he talks about hypothetically. I'd like to have some flowers on occasion. I don't want him talking about marriage or our future unless he makes a real proposal and does some things to show me that he does intend to make it happen.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

kevintri99

May 23, 2016
Princeton Junction
✟17,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry you were sick. I hope you better. I hope you like ypur new job. My gf keeps coming over for one thing and always brings her friend. I do not know if she is serious. Is there a way I can tell?

I'm sorry. I am fine, thank you. I had gotten sick, and I have also changed jobs. The combination has had me exhausted.

To answer your questions, we typically talk a lot about getting married and our hopes for what our future will be like together. I would like for him to become more present in my life than he has been in the past before I'm willing to talk about a future together. Usually as this on-again/off-again thing comes and goes, when it comes back, we just jump right back in where we left off at as if there was no break at all. I feel that I shouldn't do that this time unless he does some tangible things, like the visits he talks about hypothetically. I'd like to have some flowers on occasion. I don't want him talking about marriage or our future unless he makes a real proposal and does some things to show me that he does intend to make it happen.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Kevin I think that can be a very hard thing to determine. I think you need to decide what you want and need, then set boundaries for that. If she respects those boundaries consistently, then you could possibly trust her. If she does not, then it would probably be wise to cut ties with her.

Reactions: kevintri99
Upvote 0

kevintri99

May 23, 2016
Princeton Junction
✟17,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kevin I think that can be a very hard thing to determine. I think you need to decide what you want and need, then set boundaries for that. If she respects those boundaries consistently, then you could possibly trust her. If she does not, then it would probably be wise to cut ties with her.
its too crazy what she makes me do in front of them, but its hard to tell her no, i just keep doing it. she is just curious because I had this particular issue since i was 13. I think its just she ans her friend are the only ones that are willing to talk about it with me.
I hope your feeling better

Upvote 0