United States
✟70,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I've always had some interest in art and creative hobbies, but I never really got into them. I was never a doodler, didn't really find myself wanting to draw things. But I've always appreciated art, and I'm good at it, when I do it. I've thought about trying to develop art as a hobby, but I often don't finish the art projects I start because it starts to feel a bit tedious to me. So I wonder, do I just not like art? Or can I start to enjoy it more over time? If I were to start drawing everyday, even if I don't feel the motivation right now, could it grow on me?

• Prayers
Reactions: Ttalkkugjil

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I've always had some interest in art and creative hobbies, but I never really got into them. I was never a doodler, didn't really find myself wanting to draw things. But I've always appreciated art, and I'm good at it, when I do it. I've thought about trying to develop art as a hobby, but I often don't finish the art projects I start because it starts to feel a bit tedious to me. So I wonder, do I just not like art? Or can I start to enjoy it more over time? If I were to start drawing everyday, even if I don't feel the motivation right now, could it grow on me?

I believe so, based on that you've always appreciated art. Persistence will pay off.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because we're good at something ... doesn't mean that we'll derive pleasure from doing it.

Find something you like to do as a hobby. Perhaps you can use your artistic talent in the service of God.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

If it is not something you enjoy, why would you want to pursue this. If you do not enjoy drawing all you will produce is time passed doing something you do not enjoy doing.

If you like art just go to museums and look at the works of artist you like.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics