Can I become a Noahide.... while believing in Yeshua as Messiah.....

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
.. .the Passover Lamb?

I am 95% certain that the answer to this question is yes......
but it will be good to see this in writing.

Reactions: Yusuphhai

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
You *are* a Noahide. :)

Now, *some* Jews will say you are not, because they consider the worship of Yeshua to be idolatry. Others (a contemporary minority) will say that is not true, and that Christians are Noahides, and it's a long story how they reason this. But our point is that it's not idolatry if it's true.

Upvote 0

Starcomet

Unitarian Sacramental Christian
May 9, 2011
Baltimore City
✟42,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Democrat
You can certainly be a noahide and believe Jesus/Yeshua is the messiah and a son of God. Now as to worshiping him as an equal to God, some would argue you cannot as Open Heart says that could count as idolatry, but some have argued that is not the case.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You can certainly be a noahide and believe Jesus/Yeshua is the messiah and a son of God. Now as to worshiping him as an equal to God, some would argue you cannot as Open Heart says that could count as idolatry, but some have argued that is not the case.

An excellent and truly encouraging reply Starcomet.

For the record I have been listening to a huge number of youtube videos by Rabbi Alon Anava.... he is certainly my favourite. You may know some people who will be interested in this discussion and especially this latest reply:

My conversation with the Rabbi.....

"Satan" is a name that seems can be applied to a number of fallen angels, one fallen former Covering Cherub but also perhaps to some of the fallen sons of G-d, the Watchers who fell perhaps centuries after the fall of Adam and Eve....... The Watchers fell because of the daughters of Cain and Luluwa.........(actually grand daughters)

You may find this intriguing:

My conversation with the Rabbi.....

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You *are* a Noahide. :)

Now, *some* Jews will say you are not, because they consider the worship of Yeshua to be idolatry. Others (a contemporary minority) will say that is not true, and that Christians are Noahides, and it's a long story how they reason this. But our point is that it's not idolatry if it's true.

I believe that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus made it pretty clear that in his human state......
he did not deserve to be worshipped......
and did not want worship......
why else would he clearly tell his disciples that he..... of his own power.... could not do any of the miracles that were being done through his pronouncements and his great faith and authority to use words...... to change the conditions of sick people.... and even to call the spirit / soul of Lazarus back from probably the same Paradise that the thief on the cross beside Rabbi Yeshua went to after his spirit left his body.

John 5:30

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine ownwill, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Upvote 0

Starcomet

Unitarian Sacramental Christian
May 9, 2011
Baltimore City
✟42,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Democrat
Why is it important to consider yourself a Noahide, as compared to Christian/Messianic?

Well in my case, some have called me a Noahide since my views are not considered Christian by many.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
The worship of anyone beside the Gd of our fathers puts an individual outside of the Judaism/Noahide sphere. Devine Jesus/Jesus=Gd is a non starter. Not only the Torah is explicit on that point, so are the Prophets and the Writings, including the much beloved by the Christians Book of Daniel.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
What about Shi*tuf? Can't just as strong an argument be made from the medieval texts that Christianity is shi*tuf as that is is avodah zarah? I've had it explained to me both ways, depending on the Orthodox Rabbi.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I do believe that this is a topic where a lot of misunderstanding can so easily occur. Some people who have experiences somewhat like a near death experience report that the Ancient of Days the FAther and the Holy Spirit can walk over and actually step inside of them............ or inside of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus in the state that he is in now.

String Theory indicates that a being composed of fundamental energy would be able to step inside of a being composed of less fundamental energy.

Could the Father the Ancient of Days, (assuming M- Theory) be composed of fundamental energy Strings....... could the Holy Spirit be composed of fundamental energy Waves........ Could the Elohim who in Genesis 1 are shown to be more than one..... be composed of both Strings and Waves?????

Could there be a rather simple explanation from Theoretical Physics that makes sense out of Theological disputes?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Why is it important to consider yourself a Noahide, as compared to Christian/Messianic?

I am hoping to personally assist in convincing Gentiles to support the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple and / or even the Ezekiel Temple Complex that may be somewhat outside of Jerusalem.

Being technically a Noahide could make visiting Israel much easier.......

Some progress is being made:

Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

One of the best arguments that I have ran into as to why
Christians should support the Orthodox Jewish community
in their desire to rebuild their Jerusalem Third Temple is
a statement by Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus:

Luke 24:25

"Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:"

So... all that the prophets have spoken would include Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48 that
clearly describe the restored Jerusalem Third Temple as part of the Era of Messiah / Moshiach.... .the millennial rule of Messiah over all the earth.

Also:
Luke 13:35

"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Was Ezekiel blessed?

Did Ezekiel come in the name of the Lord?

Is Christianity relatively desolate due to our having forgotten the words of the Prophets?

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Being technically a Noahide could make visiting Israel much easier.......

I'm not sure why being a Noahide would make visiting Israel easier, lots of Christians visit every year.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm not sure why being a Noahide would make visiting Israel easier, lots of Christians visit every year.

I could be wrong but I personally might have to go there often over the coming decade or so......... (G-d willing)!?

Upvote 0