Can I be a teenager again in the New, Eternal Earth?

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Today I just turned 25 and even though I look 15-16 when I get a clean shave, I kind of miss being an actual teenager and I have regrets of what I did as a teenager (and it's not drugs or anything like that, which I NEVER did.)
I know I will never be a teenager again, at least on this present Earth. But is it possible that in the Resurrection, when I get my new body, I'm thinking that not only I'll have the body, vigor, and youthfulness of a 16 year old again, but I'll stay 16 for eternity?

I know the Bible does not mention what specific age someone will be in the New Earth, though some Church theologians throughout history, like Thomas Aquinas, have guessed a specific age that said everyone in the New Earth will be. But for sure, the Bible says people there will no longer age, get sick, get hurt, or cry ever. But that will not be in heaven (Matthew 5:18; Revelation 21:5; and Isaiah 65:17), but in the New Earth.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Today I just turned 25 and even though I look 15-16 when I get a clean shave, I kind of miss being an actual teenager and I have regrets of what I did as a teenager (and it's not drugs or anything like that, which I NEVER did.)
I know I will never be a teenager again, at least on this present Earth. But is it possible that in the Resurrection, when I get my new body, I'm thinking that not only I'll have the body, vigor, and youthfulness of a 16 year old again, but I'll stay 16 for eternity?

I know the Bible does not mention what specific age someone will be in the New Earth, though some Church theologians throughout history, like Thomas Aquinas, have guessed a specific age that said everyone in the New Earth will be. But for sure, the Bible says people there will no longer age, get sick, get hurt, or cry ever. But that will not be in heaven (Matthew 5:18; Revelation 21:5; and Isaiah 65:17), but in the New Earth.

I'm not sure what age we'll look like when living in eternity, but we certainly won't have diminished abilities as we get older, whether we're 16 years old, or a billion years old.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

well.. not 16.. more like 25 forever. But certainly more youth and energy than you had at 16.

Mark 16:5 Entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting at the right, wearing a white robe; and they were amazed.

You would need to "be a prophet" to know the answer of just how young humans will look in heaven and how young angels look. Fortunately Mark was one... and .. there are ... others.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
age/longevity/time will always exist."Aging" as in "decaying" will not exist.

Without time you cannot have events.. no sequences... without events and sequences you are "frozen" in time, static, unchanged, unchanging, unknowing, never learning.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I think some saints have speculated that all the glorified will be 33 at the resurrection because that is the age our Lord was when He died and rose again
But this is just speculation
That's interesting because I had a dream where I was taken to purgatory, then taken from there to what I assume is heaven. A voice said "You will look like you did at 30." I looked in a mirror and saw a perfected image of myself at 30. I looked like myself, but younger and glowing with a golden light.

Upvote 0

LiquidCat

Nov 14, 2019
Warsaw
✟10,163.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Probably as adult but looking more like angel but you will not feel tired , sweating , pain or even sleep you will never need to sleep so it doesn't really matter , you want to be teenager because thats when we had more energy than right now to do things . You will be full of energy to do things but without needing to eat , eating only for pleasure never getting fat aswell.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know I will never be a teenager again, at least on this present Earth. But is it possible that in the Resurrection, when I get my new body, I'm thinking that not only I'll have the body, vigor, and youthfulness of a 16 year old again, but I'll stay 16 for eternity?...

Are you 16 also in your mind/spirit? I think that what person is in his mind doesn’t really change. Except, if person is not righteous, he must become righteous to get the eternal life.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, there is no way you will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Mat. 5:20

Upvote 0