Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There is absolutely nothing in Scripture that suggests that humans can become angels. Nothing. So, no.

Just because scripture does not broach the subject, doesnt mean that God cant or wont do it! ;)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That is not what the passage is suggesting...
I'm not sure what part you disagree with?

I'm not interested in debating either way. My point was just that it is not Christian teaching that there are many eternal Beings - only One God.

If you disagree that's your business and I'm not here to argue. :)

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion God cannot create nothing immortal. But human can alone become immortal. Maybe some people have become angels. What do you think, can human become angel?
What I beleive is that angels were made to be angels... These are actually one type of supernatural being created to be servants of God.. These are actually "messengers". There is a whole hierarchy of angelic hosts from cherubs, to "powers" and Seraphim. All have specific ranks, powers and duties.

All of them once served their Creator until Satan rebelled and convinced 1/3 of them to follow him. These are the fallen angels and they are also of many different types, ranks, powers and duties.

Humans are humans and were made for fellowship with God... from the start... We not become angels but will be over the angels in the end. We will actually judge them too.

Humans were made in Gods image and we are the only being where this distinction is indicated.

Angels, of their many types, are of many different forms and looks... But I don't see anywhere where the bible states that they were created in God's image as humans were.

Reactions: AmyPerle
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No, God is not confined to the Bible, but neither does that mean that anything the mind of man might conjure up is what God does or has done.

If He had done X, then there must be some reason for thinking he has done that, some evidence of it...not just saying that it is possible with him.
I understand what you two are saying, in regards to God not confined to the Bible... However, in a way He is... It is His truth. If He was to go outside of what is written there... then that would be lying. The scripture must be fulfilled...

I do look at it this way though... God is confined to the events of the biblical scripture but it is of no consequence because He knows the future.

God is not confined to space and time but the scriptures must unfold as they were written simply due to the fact that God knows what will occur.

Therefore, God's word is the bible.. It is confined to Him. All will be done as is written.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Just because scripture does not broach the subject, doesnt mean that God cant or wont do it! ;)

Your right of course, it sort of broaches it in a round a bout way, there is scripture about Creating Man in His image.

Gen. 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Then there is Scripture which describes the purpose of or the station of Angels.

Heb 1:13,14
13) But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14) Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Personally I do not believe, God is going to be making many of His Children into Angels which are lesser.

The position of Man in relation to Angels.
1Cor. 6:3
Know ye not that we shall judge angels?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Food for thought.

“And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:8-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:29-30‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In my opinion God cannot create nothing immortal. But human can alone become immortal. Maybe some people have become angels. What do you think, can human become angel?

The human soul is not immortal, only God is immortal (1 Tim. 6:16). In eternity, we are sustained by the power of God, not by any inherent immortality.

No. Humans remain human, even if we are temporally taken from this mortal body into Paradise. At the resurrection, we will attain a new human body and live in a world designed for our kind. We will not be less human, but rather more human in our experience in that age.

• Haha
Reactions: HehasRisen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HehasRisen

Faith as small as a mustard seed
May 16, 2019
Portsmouth
✟16,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Scripture declares that on Heaven we will be as angels, but not angels themselves.

Mark 12:25

For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.[/u]

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Scripture declares that on Heaven we will be as angels, but not angels themselves.

For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.[/u]
Maybe so. But it seems like John could not tell the difference here.

“And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.”

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Not sure why one would want to become an angel. They will be lower than us in eternity. That is one of the reasons that Satan hates us so much. He knew that some day, these created lowly beings would judge the angels and they would be servants to us.

Reactions: AmyPerle
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I looked it up. The word “like.” To much info for me to digest now. Not sure the way you are looking at that verse is correct.
Matthew 22:30 Interlinear: for in the rising again they do not marry, nor are they given in marriage, but are as messengers of God in heaven.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure why one would want to become an angel. They will be lower than us in eternity. That is one of the reasons that Satan hates us so much. He knew that some day, these created lowly beings would judge the angels and they would be servants to us.
I’m not sure that verse implies all that you think it implies. The are some premises lying underneath your implications that may not be accurate due to a lack of info.
As far as I am concerned though. What excited me about these verses in Revelation is not that human beings may or may not be the same “substance” as angels. What excited me was the possibility of being able to participate in the spread of the Gospel and the teaching of God’s Word on the earth in the next life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would anyone WANT to be made into an angel?

You are made in the image of God..... why then would you want to then be made in the image of a separate creation?

God didnt say lets make angels in our image... He said let us make MAN in our image.

Genesis 1:26-28

What is the biggest honor? To be made in the image of God... or... to be made in the image of Satan?

God is God... Satan is/was an angel... so... Nah, Id rather be made in the image of my Father.

As for the "Can He" God can do anything He wants.. who am I to say what He can and can not do?

The more important question as I posted... is.. why would you want Him to.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 22:30
1 John 3:2

In a way we already are like the angels in heaven. Angel means messenger in God’s definition. Those who believe in Jesus Christ and listen to His Word are angels on earth and yet we are created in God’s image. That word image has a lot of depth. :yellowheart:

• Friendly
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Angels are spirits.
Humans are souls.

The physical body (no pun intended) is immaterial. Its the inner being that makes a man a man, and their spirit is what makes and angel an angel.

So... man can not become an angel. And, an angel can not become a man. Yet angels in the Bible have the appearance as a man. Its the inner spirit that makes an angel different. But, a man, being a soul, can become 'like' an angel in regards to having everlasting life.

Its the Resurrection body that will make our soul immortal. For its the physical body that can now die,. The soul continues on. The soul has everlasting existence. Having what kind of body is what gives a life that will be either mortal, or immortal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why would anyone WANT to be made into an angel?

You are made in the image of God..... why then would you want to then be made in the image of a separate creation?

God didnt say lets make angels in our image... He said let us make MAN in our image.

Angels, too... have been created in the image of God.

Just with a different essence of life. Man is soul. Angels are spirit.

We read in Job that angels are called "sons of God." That means? They have been created in God's image as well.

One day the sons of God came to present themselves
before the Lord, and Satan also came with them.
The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout
the earth, going back and forth on it.”
Job 1:6-7

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Angels are spirits.
Humans are souls.

The physical body (no pun intended) is immaterial. Its the inner being that makes a man a man, and their spirit is what makes and angel an angel.

So... man can not become an angel. And, an angel can not become a man. Yet angels in the Bible have the appearance as a man. Its the inner spirit that makes an angel different. But, a man, being a soul, can become 'like' an angel in regards to having everlasting life.

Its the Resurrection body that will make our soul immortal. For its the physical body that can now die,. The soul continues on. The soul has everlasting existence. Having what kind of body is what gives a life that will be either mortal, or immortal.
I would argue that angels are not spirits. Angels have bodies that are inter-dimensional but spirits have no bodies. Angles have an existence that can be physical and, in the bible, they have even ate food.

Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0