Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Almost everyone was of the same bloodline at that time, considering they were only a few generations removed from Adam and Eve.
Interesting concept. However, was there not about 2000 years from Adam to the flood?
That's a lot of marriage and child bearing... even if they live a long time... there is still just as many family lines over that time span.

Even today, they state that we are no more than 55th cousins with anyone.... Still, a lot of bloodlines.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting concept. However, was there not about 2000 years from Adam to the flood?
That's a lot of marriage and child bearing... even if they live a long time... there is still just as many family lines over that time span.

Even today, they state that we are no more than 55th cousins with anyone.... Still, a lot of bloodlines.

God had not yet divided men in different groups and languages.

When men were having their first child at age 100+ things were quite a bit slower than we see today. Man all lived in one spot on earth. It took Genesis 11 after the flood for the Lord to finally force man to scatter all over the face of the earth.

In essence, up until the Tower of Babel, man lived as one large herd. Man still retains that herd-bound instinct even today, but God's forcing differences in men made man to scatter.

They all were together and heard Noah's preaching before the flood. They could not have been so large as to not get the word.

I believe that when God scattered man to all parts of the earth that God caused physical transformations in men as to adapt them physically to where God put them according to their new language.

God demonstrated this ability to transform with how he changed the physical form of the serpent when judged. That way God could keep men from regathering into one herd again, and keep them located where they were best equipped to live in. Not all answers in the Bible are directly stated as some wish they were.

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more
in knowledge and depth of insight."
Philipns 1:9​

Its not all going to be spelled out for us in black and white as some stubbornly demand it to be. Insight requires gaining an abundance of Scriptural knowledge. Gaining more and more, as the Holy Spirit in us will also be causing our love to abound more and more as we gain more and more sound doctrine.

As a rule, such quality teaching is not to be found in the halls of conventional, conformist, mainstream denominational churches. This life demands intelligent autonomous pastor teachers whom the Holy Spirit has a dedicated life for study and teaching.

James 3:1 tells us that if God had His way only a few should be teaching. Yet, we find many teaching where there should not be. Satan is out to confuse and obfuscate. That's the fight for faith! It will require personal suffering for a season as like when in battle. Its war. War for our minds.

Yet, the battle is the Lord's. Many wish to prove to God that they can do it when God wants us to become grace oriented knowing that we can not do it in ourselves. That He must do it through us. That's when many distort the Word and then get caught up in another spirit. A different Jesus.... and think its the same. By grace we are saved. Not of ourselves. The proud never get it right.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God had not yet divided men in different groups and languages.

When men were having their first child at age 100+ things were quite a bit slower than we see today. Man all lived in one spot on earth. It took Genesis 11 after the flood for the Lord to finally force man to scatter all over the face of the earth.

In essence, up until the Tower of Babel, man lived as one large herd. Man still retains that herd-bound instinct even today, but God's forcing differences in men made man to scatter.

They all were together and heard Noah's preaching before the flood. They could not have been so large as to not get the word.

Any evidence for this view... or is it just your assumption and speculation? I totally disagree that everything happened slower. I totally believe that population growth would occur just as fast as anytime in history.. The gestation was still 9 months.

I believe that when God scattered man to all parts of the earth that God caused physical transformations in men as to adapt them physically to where God put them according to their new language.

A belief is not truth. You have a right to your own believes. I have a right to disagree with them.

God demonstrated this ability to transform with how he changed the physical form of the serpent when judged. That way God could keep men from regathering into one herd again, and keep them located where they were best equipped to live in. Not all answers in the Bible are directly stated as some wish they were.

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more
in knowledge and depth of insight."
Philipns 1:9​

Its not all going to be spelled out for us in black and white as some stubbornly demand it to be. Insight requires gaining an abundance of Scriptural knowledge. Gaining more and more, as the Holy Spirit in us will also be causing our love to abound more and more as we gain more and more sound doctrine.

As a rule, such quality teaching is not to be found in the halls of conventional, conformist, mainstream denominational churches. This life demands intelligent autonomous pastor teachers whom the Holy Spirit has a dedicated life for study and teaching.

James 3:1 tells us that if God had His way only a few should be teaching. Yet, we find many teaching where there should not be. Satan is out to confuse and obfuscate. That's the fight for faith! It will require personal suffering for a season as like when in battle. Its war. War for our minds.

Yet, the battle is the Lord's. Many wish to prove to God that they can do it when God wants us to become grace oriented knowing that we can not do it in ourselves. That He must do it through us. That's when many distort the Word and then get caught up in another spirit. A different Jesus.... and think its the same. By grace we are saved. Not of ourselves. The proud never get it right.

Interesting concepts.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Any evidence for this view... or is it just your assumption and speculation? I totally disagree that everything happened slower. I totally believe that population growth would occur just as fast as anytime in history.. The gestation was still 9 months.

You are totally ignoring what the genealogies before the flood tell us.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You are totally ignoring what the genealogies before the flood tell us.
The genealogies of the flood do not indicate that the population grew slowly... How long you live after you have your kids is of no indication of how many they will have in your life time..

Your ideas are assumptions. 2000 years of humans populating the earth is going to more than a few hundred families.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The genealogies of the flood do not indicate that the population grew slowly...

Only if you ignore the details it might seem that way. :angel:

:scratch: First child at age 90? That's not slow! Another at age 160?

:help:

Did you notice how Genesis 6 starts off?

"When man began to increase in number on the earth
and daughters were born to them.."

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We know of only Abraham who had his first child when he was 100 and his wife 90.. due to her being barren... not because it was some kind of unwritten custom.

Of those family lines before the flood that are mentioned.. it's only the males. Yet they surely had daughters as well. The only times that daughters are mentioned are when it's important, as through whom God is working.

Of the family lines one would think that the first father had just one son. Then that son grew up and had just one son. Then that son grew up and had just one son... etc.

But that isn't it at all. The record is actually following a prophetic line. The same way that a genealogy family line is built. For instance starting with you and tracing backwards.. to parents, to grandparents, to great grandparents, etc. As far back as the information allows. It's not that there aren't any other children of each of those parents. But by choice that is all that might matter to you.
Then you could also track forward with your children.

The Biblical family lines names are mentioned due to their prophetic importance. Not because the parents only started having children in their old age.

I happened to have been born late in the line of siblings. But if I didn't mention the other siblings in my genealogy, one might suppose that my parents had only me, late in their lives.

The Biblical Jacob had many sons (no daughters mentioned(?). Joseph and Benjamin when he was old.

While Abraham in his later life after Isaac, had still more children when he took a second wife after Sarah died. None of those children's genealogies are recorded because they're not prophetically or otherwise important to the overall Biblical record.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We know of only Abraham who had his first child when he was 100 and his wife 90.. due to her being barren... not because it was some kind of unwritten custom.

Of those family lines before the flood that are mentioned.. it's only the males. Yet they surely had daughters as well. The only times that daughters are mentioned are when it's important, as through whom God is working.

Of the family lines one would think that the first father had just one son. Then that son grew up and had just one son. Then that son grew up and had just one son... etc.

But that isn't it at all. The record is actually following a prophetic line. The same way that a genealogy family line is built. For instance starting with you and tracing backwards.. to parents, to grandparents, to great grandparents, etc. As far back as the information allows. It's not that there aren't any other children of each of those parents. But by choice that is all that might matter to you.
Then you could also track forward with your children.

The Biblical family lines names are mentioned due to their prophetic importance. Not because the parents only started having children in their old age.

I happened to have been born late in the line of siblings. But if I didn't mention the other siblings in my genealogy, one might suppose that my parents had only me, late in their lives.

The Biblical Jacob had many sons (no daughters mentioned(?). Joseph and Benjamin when he was old.

While Abraham in his later life after Isaac, had still more children when he took a second wife after Sarah died. None of those children's genealogies are recorded because they're not prophetically or otherwise important to the overall Biblical record.

Interesting points in regards to how genealogists were constructed. Thanks.

Be that as it may... It had for some time been slow pickins.

Genesis 6:1 tells us that at the time of Noah man had just begun to increase in number.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting points in regards to how genealogists were constructed. Thanks.

Be that as it may... It had for some time been slow pickins.

Genesis 6:1 tells us that at the time of Noah man had just begun to increase in number.

Well of course man would begin to increase in number after the flood and God told Noah's family to be fruitful and multiply. I suppose it could be said that they were like rabbits. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well of course man would begin to increase in number after the flood and God told Noah's family to be fruitful and multiply. I suppose it could be said that they were like rabbits. :)

Not after the flood.

Read it again.

It says "before" the flood man BEGAN to increase in numbers..

Stick with the Word, please.
Before then? Not so much with the rabbits.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Totally agree. The line of inheritance went from eldest son to eldest son. That is why only the eldest son of each is what is usually named in the genealogies. Cain lost his place as the inheritor, (1st in line) when he killed Abel. It then fell to Seth. In all further genealogies, Cain is no longer mentioned---it goes from Seth to Adam. Adam and Eve could have had a bunch of females first. And there is reason to suggest that Cain and Abel were twins by many Jewish scholars due to the wording of the text:

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Gen 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

In just about all the texts, it will read "And so and so knew his wife and she conceived and bore"
This text states that Adam knew his wife and she conceived and bore Cain--followed by--"and she again bare his brother." Doesn't say the usual and he knew her first then she conceived and bore. Not that this is absolute prove of this idea, however, it's a supportable speculation.

And they were breeding like rabbits. They were in perfect health, with perfect climate and plenty of good healthy food. One woman is known to have had a total of 69 children back in the 1800's. (It's easily found) I have known women who have given birth to over 20 children from the ages of about 15--50. Even if they did not start popping them out until they were 100---that still left them with a good 500-700 years of popping them out. Just do the mind boggling math. A healthy woman scan actually produce one child a year--my husband had a brother born 9 months after him! At 1 a year, that is 700 children---not including multiple births which can greatly increase that number (as in the one with the 69 children). One woman could have easily given birth to a whole village.
There is nothing to tell how old Cain and Abel were at the time of Abel's death. For all we know they could have been grandfathers by then. It does not say When Cain took his wife, just that he knew her after he was caste out and she conceived. The children of Abel would not have been mentioned at all for he was 2nd in line. Abel could have had many children and their children already been having children by the time this happened. By the time of the flood---Adam and Eve would have ben chin deep in progeny! Rabbits!!
After the flood---same thing. However, it did slow down some as life expectancy went down. And the climate changed and food supply diminished. Still---rabbits!

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Totally agree. The line of inheritance went from eldest son to eldest son. That is why only the eldest son of each is what is usually named in the genealogies. Cain lost his place as the inheritor, (1st in line) when he killed Abel. It then fell to Seth. In all further genealogies, Cain is no longer mentioned---it goes from Seth to Adam. Adam and Eve could have had a bunch of females first. And there is reason to suggest that Cain and Abel were twins by many Jewish scholars due to the wording of the text:

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Gen 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

In just about all the texts, it will read "And so and so knew his wife and she conceived and bore"
This text states that Adam knew his wife and she conceived and bore Cain--followed by--"and she again bare his brother." Doesn't say the usual and he knew her first then she conceived and bore. Not that this is absolute prove of this idea, however, it's a supportable speculation.

And they were breeding like rabbits. They were in perfect health, with perfect climate and plenty of good healthy food. One woman is known to have had a total of 69 children back in the 1800's. (It's easily found) I have known women who have given birth to over 20 children from the ages of about 15--50. Even if they did not start popping them out until they were 100---that still left them with a good 500-700 years of popping them out. Just do the mind boggling math. A healthy woman scan actually produce one child a year--my husband had a brother born 9 months after him! At 1 a year, that is 700 children---not including multiple births which can greatly increase that number (as in the one with the 69 children). One woman could have easily given birth to a whole village.
There is nothing to tell how old Cain and Abel were at the time of Abel's death. For all we know they could have been grandfathers by then. It does not say When Cain took his wife, just that he knew her after he was caste out and she conceived. The children of Abel would not have been mentioned at all for he was 2nd in line. Abel could have had many children and their children already been having children by the time this happened. By the time of the flood---Adam and Eve would have ben chin deep in progeny! Rabbits!!
After the flood---same thing. However, it did slow down some as life expectancy went down. And the climate changed and food supply diminished. Still---rabbits!

If what you say be the case?

Think about it before you leap!

6 When Seth had lived 105 years, he became the father of Enosh.
First son took 105 years?

9 When Enosh had lived 90 years, he became the father of Kenan.
First son took 90 years?

18 When Jared had lived 162 years, he became the father of Enoch.
First son took 162 years?

Those ain't rabbits like we have today.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If what you say be the case?

Think about it before you leap!

6 When Seth had lived 105 years, he became the father of Enosh.
First son took 105 years?

9 When Enosh had lived 90 years, he became the father of Kenan.
First son took 90 years?

18 When Jared had lived 162 years, he became the father of Enoch.
First son took 162 years?

Those ain't rabbits like we have today.

If you read my post you will find that I already mentioned the fact that they didn't start having children until they were about 100. They still lived another 700 years and more after that. Yes, be fruitful and multiply---probably the only command of God that humanity ever took to heart---rabbits!

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you read my post you will find that I already mentioned the fact that they didn't start having children until they were about 100. They still lived another 700 years and more after that. Yes, be fruitful and multiply---probably the only command of God that humanity ever took to heart---rabbits!

Yeah... Like a VW Rabbit running two cylinders?

God did not say... Go forth and multiply like crazy! Do as the rabbits!
He simply said "multiply."

God did not create man to multiply like rabbits. He created rabbits to multiply like rabbits. He created wolves to multiply like wolves. And, so on and so forth.

Could you imagine if God created elephants to multiply like rabbits?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yeah... Like a VW Rabbit running two cylinders?

God did not say... Go forth and multiply like crazy! Do as the rabbits!
He simply said "multiply."

God did not create man to multiply like rabbits. He created rabbits to multiply like rabbits. He created wolves to multiply like wolves. And, so on and so forth.

Could you imagine if God created elephants to multiply like rabbits?

You're entitled to your opinion. As I said---they had 500---to over 700 years in which to give birth and many of those could have been multiples. No, He didn't say to multiply like rabbits--

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Sorry, but it takes a lot more than just a couple babies here and there to replenish the earth and subdue it. By the time Cain was kicked out, he could say this:
Gen 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

There obviously were already quite a few.

Anyway--whatever---I think it is off topic.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're entitled to your opinion. As I said---they had 500---to over 700 years in which to give birth and many of those could have been multiples. No, He didn't say to multiply like rabbits--

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Sorry, but it takes a lot more than just a couple babies here and there to replenish the earth and subdue it. By the time Cain was kicked out, he could say this:
Gen 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

There obviously were already quite a few.

Anyway--whatever---I think it is off topic.
Of course its off topic for you.... For, it did not go your way. :angel:

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Of course its off topic for you.... For, it did not go your way. :angel:

LOL!! Seriously? You think it went your way?! Sorry, we obviously can't even agree on that! I've said what I needed to---whomsoever wants to agree or disagree are welcome to.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LOL!! Seriously? You think it went your way?! Sorry, we obviously can't even agree on that! I've said what I needed to---whomsoever wants to agree or disagree are welcome to.
Like you just did? ............ :angel:

Upvote 0