Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Paul didn't say those who had sex (blanket statement) would not inherit the Kingdom of God but the sexually immoral and homosexuals (he dealt in specifics). So who's taking liberties with THE truth?

I would say YOU are and I believe Paul would as well.

But Paul specifically talks about men being with men. It is entirely possible for a homosexual to not act out sexually and remain celibate, just as it is possible for a single heterosexual to do. Remember, it is just as much a sin for a single heterosexual to have sexual relations outside of marriage as it is for a homosexual to do so. Are you saying that heterosexuals can't be celibate?

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Paul specifically talks about men being with men. It is entirely possible for a homosexual to not act out sexually and remain celibate, just as it is possible for a single heterosexual to do. Remember, it is just as much a sin for a single heterosexual to have sexual relations outside of marriage as it is for a homosexual to do so. Are you saying that heterosexuals can't be celibate?

I'm saying that if a man has sex with a man or if a woman has sex with a woman or if they willingly and unapologetically endorse this lifestyle commit sin. This sin is a choice as any other, it may be that specific persons personal sin and private struggle that he/she may have, but it comes down to a personal decision to participate or initiate a sin the bible condemns as a evil human choice.
Are you saying that heterosexuals can't be celibate?

:confused:

I'm saying anything sexual done outside the bounds of marriage (between a man and a woman) is sin.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How does the unpardonable sin manifest itself?
Words imo.. to attribute to the enemy what should be attributed to the Holy Spirit..
And, how does God respond to that sin?
Maybe by God turning the sinner over to a reprobate mind[/quote]
could be.. I've never really considered that. ..Have you thought
this through or were you just throwing it out there?

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Certainly, homosexuals can be saved. If they remain celibate, they are not sinning. If a person is a homosexual, that is how the person is. They don't have a choice about their sexual orientation, but they have a choice about what they choose to do about it. As a friend of mine told me, he didn't choose to be homosexual, and that nobody would choose it.

It's really not that different about the choice that a single heterosexual has to make. You are not sinning until you have sexual relations with someone outside of marriage. As long as a homosexual remains celibate, they are not sinning, so they can be saved. It is certainly possible for a homosexual to remain celibate, just as it is possible to be heterosexual and celibate.

but to a saint, those desires would be a torment. but God can heal that persons mind and they will be made normal. same as for any unnatural desire.

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
but to a saint, those desires would be a torment. but God can heal that persons mind and they will be made normal. same as for any unnatural desire.

But a lot of times, God does not "heal" them. The real victory is overcoming the temptations, not having them taken away. A lot of people think God is just going to zap them and heal them instantly, but God (very smartly) doesn't usually work that way. He usually makes us face our demons and opens the wounds and has us deal with the pain. I can tell you from experience that is how He works most of the time, and I thank Him that He works like this. In facing those demons and going through the pain, you learn a lot about yourself and what your triggers are. If God just zapped us and fixed us instantly, what would we really learn? He reveals areas that you need to work on so that with His help you can overcome them. I don't believe He heals a person of homosexuality. It is a daily battle and a daily choice that they have to make. Does He take the sexual urges away from single heterosexuals? I don't believe that He does. We grow through struggles, not through having an even path with no obstacles.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Not even Romans condemns homosexuality. Homosexuality is a blanket expression that covers an entire lifestyle. Romans only addresses one particular behavior we associate with that lifestyle (men sexing men). Even when Paul talks of women, he doesn't specify that he is talking about women sexing women, but simply that they have exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones, not ever specifying exactly what he means by that.

So, while there is a behavior mentioned here that is sinful, and an implication of others, one has to operate in a touch of creativity to apply it as a blanket statement against the modern homosexual. I, personally, am not ready to take such liberties with the truth.

He is talking about homosexuality with women though, and it is all part of the condemnation. Lets be fair.

Them, both..male and female, the same acts.

Rom 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

And it is condemned, unless they come to the Lord.

1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.

Col 3:5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 On account of these the wrath of God is coming.

Upvote 0

NvxiaLee

May 19, 2011
✟905.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Paul also saw his wretched man, Rom 7:24 as a saved person. Excuse? Yes.

Paul didn't know what he was doing. Paul thought he was serving God when he was persecuting Christians. No homosexual can think he's serving God. And Paul calls himself wretched (in need of saving), not a reprobate (beyond saving).

If a gay person gets saved, he can bring his issues to God, just like a drinker, or a person prone to violence, or anything else from the flesh.

Liberals tell me that homosexuals can't change. But, most violent people become less violent as they age, even peaceful, eventually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What part of "God so loved the world" do we find so hard to understand?

Some take this to mean that homosexuality is okay in God's eyes.

It's not

God sent Jesus to save us, but he doesn't approve of sin.

Some people may feel that they're predisposed towards certain sinful behaviour. That behaviour is still sinful.

But as to the question of being saved, that's up to God to decide. The act is sinful. What the consequences are of that act is up to God

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Paul didn't know what he was doing. Paul thought he was serving God when he was persecuting Christians. No homosexual can think he's serving God. And Paul calls himself wretched (in need of saving), not a reprobate (beyond saving).

Liberals tell me that homosexuals can't change. But, most violent people become less violent as they age, even peaceful, eventually.

read Rom 7, paul knew he was sinning as a Christian, that was the whole point. I am not condoning it, I am just saying that even paul saw flesh, as a Chrsitian, Rom 7. I do believe in grace to sustain one though, but at the same time, struggle is there for people, and they should not be singled out, if they are Christian, who seek God about it.

As far as persecuting, that was to show if a Christian killer can get saved, anyone can.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Homosexuals can change.
It's engaging in sinful behaviour, it's not some "genetic" birth defect..
any more than being a drunk is some sort of "disease"
You'll find that they say the same thing about obesity now too.
Everyone wants to pin their weakness on science.
God calls it bondage and bondage can be overcome.

What part of "God so loved the world" do we find so hard to understand?
What's unloving about saying what God says?

Or, yes, let's remake God in our own image so that He hates all the people we hate and has all the prejudices we have.
He hates sin, and we do too.
no?

Reactions: Mr Dave
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But a lot of times, God does not "heal" them. The real victory is overcoming the temptations, not having them taken away. A lot of people think God is just going to zap them and heal them instantly, but God (very smartly) doesn't usually work that way. He usually makes us face our demons and opens the wounds and has us deal with the pain. I can tell you from experience that is how He works most of the time, and I thank Him that He works like this. In facing those demons and going through the pain, you learn a lot about yourself and what your triggers are. If God just zapped us and fixed us instantly, what would we really learn? He reveals areas that you need to work on so that with His help you can overcome them. I don't believe He heals a person of homosexuality. It is a daily battle and a daily choice that they have to make. Does He take the sexual urges away from single heterosexuals? I don't believe that He does. We grow through struggles, not through having an even path with no obstacles.

I know what you mean about resisting evil. i think there is a difference in being enslaved by sin and being tempted by sin.

But God does heal the wounded. Jesus healed the blind and lame. evil spirits were cast out of people all the time by Jesus and his disciples. there are people in the christian forums that have said that God delivered them from homosexuality. thanks be to God for that. many of us here need to be set free from unnatural lust and covetousness. those things will not be there if you are full of the Holy Spirit. they will quickly flee. because they are evil spirits. you may be tempted but you will not be enslaved if you cling to the Lord.

there is evidence that says that male homosexuals are the way they are due to a lack of certain enzymes functioning correctly when the child is being formed in the womb. if those enzymes had worked how they should, then the male would have the natural attraction for females, but since it did not work right, they end up having an unnatural attraction for males instead. are you telling me that God would not heal someone affected since his birth with such a condition? but the Gospels show Jesus healing people that were born with whatever defect that they were born with.

now you could not say they were naturally born gay because if they were born naturally, then the enzymes would have worked correctly and it would have made a normal heterosexual male. it is either evil spirits messing up the process or some chemical imbalance or both.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Homosexuals can change.
It's engaging in sinful behaviour, it's not some "genetic" birth defect..
any more than being a drunk is some sort of "disease"
You'll find that they say the same thing about obesity now too.
Everyone wants to pin their weakness on science.
God calls it bondage and bondage can be overcome.

What's unloving about saying what God says?

He hates sin, and we do too.
no?

good post! yes, they can be changed by grace.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
it is either evil spirits messing up the process or some chemical imbalance or both.
I agree, and most likely it's the one causing the other and so should be
dealt with on the spiritual level, just as all bondage should be.
People tend to see things with their physical eyes and forget the spiritual.
I do that same thing.
Was trying to figure out how to get more money to help the haitian
orphans and during research i noticed that all of the money being thrown
at the problem yet the conditions change little when it occurred to me
that it's a SPIRITUL problem, spirit of poverty.. and must be dealt with
accordingly .
:doh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.