Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Argument from silence.

If we don't know what it is, the best thing is to say "I don't know"

people will come to the conclusion that God is the origin when they have faith, until they have faith no amount of evidence will convince them.

That is only true if all lines of enquiry result in no answer.
Can you honestly say that all lines of philosophy and of reasoning result in no answer?

Why is it that atheism is not the natural state of belief, there are no atheistic tribes, they all believe in something., Currently with the decline in believe in Christianity we see a massive increase in superstition and other beliefs.
Why is that if there is nothing except the material?
Or is there a supernatural?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That is only true if all lines of enquiry result in no answer.
Can you honestly say that all lines of philosophy and of reasoning result in no answer?

Why is it that atheism is not the natural state of belief, there are no atheistic tribes, they all believe in something., Currently with the decline in believe in Christianity we see a massive increase in superstition and other beliefs.
Why is that if there is nothing except the material?
Or is there a supernatural?
I find "I do not know" really covers it.

I remember reading once that color is really a reflection of what is really there. So what if what is really there is all the colors and shades except the one we see?

What kind of world would that be?

what kind of thoughts would that inspire if one person saw or felt a glimpse of it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, because most negatives cannot be proven.
What is that supposed to mean? We can prove that fairies and leprechauns do not exist. There is no hard evidence nor eye- witness accounts of their existence just like trolls or gnomes or centaurs.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well, people have lied about unicorns and leprechauns but we know they do not exist.

Yes but with this lie there is government and science backing up the lie. Which in-turn has birth many of doubters and agnostics, atheist etc..

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that one has to go farther than Romans 1. Either you're aware of God through His glory -- creation -- or you're not. Of course, that doesn't rule out other means, but it clearly states that God exists. If people aren't aware of God, that is their personal inability.

Don't be fooled, everyone that has heard the name Jesus knows he exists, people try to bury it, but they know. There is a difference between belief, and faith. You are also correct that creation speaks to Gods existence as well.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I meant DISPROVEN...To me there is an OVERWHELMING bit of evidence that God is real. For one, the Search for Intelligent Life Institute has a criteria model in which they determine if a variable is deemed intelligent and when they applied the criteria to human DNA coding, they found that the odds of human DNA NOT being created by Intelligent Design were 13 TRILLION to one. For 2, if we evolved from apes, then why are there still apes? And 3, the overwhelming proof of Near Death Experiences and miracles that go along with them. Is this needing proof thing based on eyesight? You can't see the wind but you feel its effects and know it is real. Those who need proof, do you think people are running around so desperate to believe in something that we put teeth under our pillows and have unicorn shrines? God has SHOWN Himself to us in one way or another that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to doubt Him. To be honest, God isn't running around trying to prove Himself to people and failing!! If your heart is hard and you flat out do not believe, then The LORD is not your Father anyways and He won't bother.

There’s no doubt that the biological programming code that is the software that runs cells, called DNA, came from a vast intelligence.

There’s no natural mechanism in existence that can create information, or create a programming code language.

This led Francis Collins, of the human genome project, to write a book on DNA called The Language of God.

DNA is one proof that God exists.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that one has to go farther than Romans 1. Either you're aware of God through His glory -- creation -- or you're not. Of course, that doesn't rule out other means, but it clearly states that God exists. If people aren't aware of God, that is their personal inability.

Do I detect a Calvinist?

BTW my Bible is shaped like a book...

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No but why does Satan get to rule anything? He already rules the underworld. Is it part of Adam's punishment since he sinned and since Satan got him to sin, he gets to be rewarded by punishing all of the human souls he can get his grip on for eternity?

God gave dominion over the earth to Adam, who legally transferred his dominion to Satan, and that’s how he came to be the god of this world, until Jesus returns and takes it back in Revelation 11:15.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes I meant DISPROVEN...To me there is an OVERWHELMING bit of evidence that God is real. For one, the Search for Intelligent Life Institute has a criteria model in which they determine if a variable is deemed intelligent and when they applied the criteria to human DNA coding, they found that the odds of human DNA NOT being created by Intelligent Design were 13 TRILLION to one. For 2, if we evolved from apes, then why are there still apes? And 3, the overwhelming proof of Near Death Experiences and miracles that go along with them. Is this needing proof thing based on eyesight? You can't see the wind but you feel its effects and know it is real. Those who need proof, do you think people are running around so desperate to believe in something that we put teeth under our pillows and have unicorn shrines? God has SHOWN Himself to us in one way or another that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to doubt Him. To be honest, God isn't running around trying to prove Himself to people and failing!! If your heart is hard and you flat out do not believe, then The LORD is not your Father anyways and He won't bother.
In order to disprove the reality of God, you would have to know everything there is to know about everything there is to know. That would make you God. Then you would be trying to disprove your own existence. Good luck with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I find "I do not know" really covers it.

I remember reading once that color is really a reflection of what is really there. So what if what is really there is all the colors and shades except the one we see?

What kind of world would that be?

what kind of thoughts would that inspire if one person saw or felt a glimpse of it?

Colour is a reflection of different wavelengths of light.

Christians constantly have to look at what and why they believe. Not because it is shaky or uncertain, but because of the constant hostile attacks upon it.
If you are not prepared to look into what you do not know how do you expect to find anything?

Everything that has a begining has a cause.
The universe has a begining.
So something that is outside of time, space, materialism and everything caused it to begin.

Something that is outside of time and space is the supernatural.

Yet you will not even read about it. Yes reading about it in the Bible is very, very dangerous.
You might become a Christian.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Colour is a reflection of different wavelengths of light.

Christians constantly have to look at what and why they believe. Not because it is shaky or uncertain, but because of the constant hostile attacks upon it.
If you are not prepared to look into what you do not know how do you expect to find anything?

Everything that has a begining has a cause.
The universe has a begining.
So something that is outside of time, space, materialism and everything caused it to begin.

Something that is outside of time and space is the supernatural.

Yet you will not even read about it. Yes reading about it in the Bible is very, very dangerous.
You might become a Christian.
I am a Christian, that's what Christian Seeker means, a Christian who continues to seek.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am a Christian, that's what Christian Seeker means, a Christian who continues to seek.

Then you know what caused creation.

You know that every answer to every spiritual and moral question can find an answer in the Bible.

To me ' Christian seeker ' is someone who is not a Christian but is investigating Christianity.

If one is a Christian one has found the Truth- Jesus, and now is spending the rest of one's life learning about him.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Then you know what caused creation.

You know that every answer to every spiritual and moral question can find an answer in the Bible.

To me ' Christian seeker ' is someone who is not a Christian but is investigating Christianity.

If one is a Christian one has found the Truth- Jesus, and now is spending the rest of one's life learning about him.
Actually, on this site "Seeker" is someone who is not a Christian but is investigating Christianity.

Christian seeker is on the list of Christian groups.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But is the only reasonable explanation.
If there is no God, then what caused everything to be?

Atheists believe that in the beginning, nothing exploded in a singularity, and created hydrogen - which became everything...

Psalm 14 has a comment about them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Define God please

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So every government is part of satans kingdom, and satan is a liar. So it would look like hi kingdoms would reflect his character to a certain point. God does given satan rulers to rule with but really would God give satan a christian believer to rule his kingdoms with, especially as the tribulation moves closer.

America is Gods nation.

It was dedicated to God from the beginning, three different times: by puritans, pilgrims, and Jamestown.

It has a constitution founded on biblical principles.

Three prophecies about Trump before the 2016 election said God chose to put Trump in office as a modern day Cyrus, so that President 45 is a type of that pagan King, that God anointed to restore Jerusalem, and even to build a wall, and said Trump will be a wrecking ball to the globalists and their agenda, and his mission is also to restore God’s nation.

Shalom.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes but with this lie there is government and science backing up the lie. Which in-turn has birth many of doubters and agnostics, atheist etc..
Well there you go! And politicians are so honest as we know!! And Scientists? Scientists cannot even recreate photosynthesis in a lab. They know a lot but there is so much they do not know and they will tell you that but that is ok! We need scoffers and naysayers to fulfill the prophesy.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
America is Gods nation.

It was dedicated to God from the beginning, three different times: by puritans, pilgrims, and Jamestown.

It has a constitution founded on biblical principles.

Three prophecies about Trump before the 2016 election said God chose to put Trump in office as a modern day Cyrus, so that President 45 is a type of that pagan King, that God anointed to restore Jerusalem, and even to build a wall, and said Trump will be a wrecking ball to the globalists and their agenda, and his mission is also to restore God’s nation.

Shalom.

American is part of satans kingdoms only Israel was created by God to be a people to Himself.

Upvote 0