Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think I know what you are talking about. If we committed sin and came to regret it, can God still change the circumstances if we repent?

One example is Zacchaeus in Luke 19:1-10. He was a tax collector who earnestly wanted to see Jesus. Jesus invited himself to Zacchaeus' house and the Pharisees thought it was a shameful act. But Zacchaeus was so overwhelmed by Jesus's kindness he made a vow before those witnesses that he would repay everyone he cheated.

Now, Zacchaeus's salvation was not dependent on fulfilling that vow. The vow simply demonstrated that he believed Jesus was the Messiah who could take away the sins of the world.

To answer your question, Zacchaeus was a sinful man who got himself into a terrible habit of cheating and extorting. But after he repented, Jesus lifted him up and used him as an example of His ability to forgive sins and change lives. Zacchaeus would, no doubt, show further proof by repaying everyone he cheated, but yes. Jesus does have the ability to turn our sinful situation around into something for His glory.

Reactions: longwait
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,328.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course he can, there are too many examples to list. That is the message of the gospel, turn from your sin to God... that is the definition of repentance.

Anything the devil does can be used for good if responded to appropriately.

• Agree
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure. This is not in the Bible, but a reclamation. There is an island in Japan called The Rabbit Island. In the 1920s-30s, it was used to create chemical warfare to use against the Chinese. It was evil, the workers died- and the chemicals were used on thousands of innocent Chinese.

For some strange reason, domesticated rabbits have taken over the island. The buildings have been overtaken by nature. Now, it is a pleasant place to take a holiday and innocent rabbits will come up to visitors to get food and be petted. An evil place has been transformed into a good place.

In the Bible, Joseph's brothers at first conspire to kill him. Then, Reuben says- "let's just sell him to slavers". So they thought they had gotten rid of their brother. They kill a goat and dip Joseph's coat in its blood and tells Jacob his beloved son was killed. So, all kinds of sins are committed. But, Joseph makes good and becomes the Pharoah's right hand man in Egypt.

He tells his brothers that what they meant for evil, God used for good.

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean, Can God turn our disobedience and sin for our good if we repent? any examples of this in the bible?
The word translated "repent" is metanoia and literally means: with(loose association)-mind or, likeminded. "Repent" is a stupid Roman Catholic intrusion on God's word.

"Sin" is another intrusion and does not belong. It is from the Latin word sinistra which means: left-hand which was thought to be sinister.

The Biblical Greek word is hamartia

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 8:28 (NIV)
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Sin separates us from God. Through his grace and love he can and does forgive us and release us from the guilt of that sin. But sin also has other consequences, both within us, and for other people, and for our relationships with other people. These consequences don't necessarily disappear with forgiveness, and so there is often a need for reconciliation and recompense.

IMHO God will not allow sin in our lives to defeat his purpose for us as long as we are willing to cooperate (i.e. submit to him and work with him), and as the amazing creator that he is, he can even use the situation to bring about good for us.

Apparently, another legitimate translation of Romans 8:28 is
And we know that in all things God works together with those who love him to bring about what is good—with those who have been called according to his purpose. (given in a footnote to the verse in the NIV.)

This translation lifts the partnership nature of the process.

Paul warns though that we should not sin just so we can experience once again, or many times, the gracious forgiveness of God. No, that would be to try to abuse the relationship... which will not work with God.

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word translated "repent" is metanoia and literally means: with(loose association)-mind or, likeminded. "Repent" is a stupid Roman Catholic intrusion on God's word.

"Sin" is another intrusion and does not belong. It is from the Latin word sinistra which means: left-hand which was thought to be sinister.

The Biblical Greek word is hamartia

Sorry, I hit the wrong button. hamartia means: errant,. miss, wrong way, off course, wayward, even dead end. It is a directional word which is why there is no list of 'sins' in the entire bible. paraptOma also sometimes translated 'sin' means: the effect, or state, of crossing a line so as to fall. parabasis sometimes also translated 'sin' means: motion against a fixed point or standard. They are all directional words.

There is a list called "The deeds of the flesh". They are DOTF not 'sins'. I will show this to you in James:

Then when lust(deed of the flesh) has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin(way off course) is accomplished(errant arrow reaching a target), it brings forth death. James 1:15 NASB

God wants us on point and not wander. John says that if we are following the Shepherd, it is impossible to hamartia, get lost, wander aimlessly.

Just stay on point and He will direct your path!

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean, Can God turn our disobedience and sin for our good if we repent? any examples of this in the bible?
With my above post in mind, it always makes me smile when the navigation system in my car says, "recalculating".

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With my above post in mind, it always makes me smile when the navigation system in my car says, "recalculating".

Upvote 0