• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can God heal pure o ocd

SK_Brace

Jan 11, 2020
Quesnel
✟24,986.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone it’s my first time posting in this forum. I have had pure o ocd since I was 13 years old. I’m now 20. I have always wondered if this is a demonic thing, I feel like as a Christian my perspective on mental illness is different. Because even though these thoughts are in my head and I feel the urges it doesn’t feel like they are truly mine. If this is a spirit can Jesus heal me from this, has anyone ever been healed from this. I just feel so evil because of this disorder. I feel like I deserve to go to hell because of my thoughts and that Jesus is disgusted by me. I know that he loves me but why isn’t he healing me. Sorry for the rant I guess I’m just a bit desperate at this point.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello everyone it’s my first time posting in this forum. I have had pure o ocd since I was 13 years old. I’m now 20. I have always wondered if this is a demonic thing, I feel like as a Christian my perspective on mental illness is different. Because even though these thoughts are in my head and I feel the urges it doesn’t feel like they are truly mine. If this is a spirit can Jesus heal me from this, has anyone ever been healed from this. I just feel so evil because of this disorder. I feel like I deserve to go to hell because of my thoughts and that Jesus is disgusted by me. I know that he loves me but why isn’t he healing me. Sorry for the rant I guess I’m just a bit desperate at this point.
You may well be bound by evils spirits. If you do not choose to think a thought, then it is not you. So where does it come from? God is not going to give you disgusting thoughts. I've had suicide thoughts, lust thoughts, pride thoughts, rebellion thoughts and so on. They were evil spirits. They speak as if they were you most of the time.

You need to find someone who knows their authority in Christ to deal with these things. It should be your church but it seems that most Christians have neglected this vital ministry. If you are sure of your ground, you cast them out yourself. Another helpful group is Derek Prince Ministries. Derek Prince was a real warrior in God's kingdom. They still have workers who can help you. You will need to contact them and they will make arrangements to help.

Once you are delivered, it is most important is to take back control of your thoughts. That's where the battle takes place, in the mind. Every time a thought enters your head that you did not choose to think, command it to leave in Jesus name and refuse it permission to return. Make it clear to God that it is against your will to have the thoughts. Ask Him to strengthen your will to resist. Freedom is yours, but you need to resist.

God indeed loves you. There are spiritual principles that God abides by. He waits for us to call upon Him. He's already given us the power and authority. He expects us to use it.

An example may help. I had an occult demon before I was born again. One night it was like a crushing weight on my body and I could not move. I knew nothing about my authority in Christ then, but I just said, "Jesus!". It lifted instantly. That is how weak they are as far as we are concerned. The lie they want you to believe is that they are stronger than you. OK, that's true, but they are nothing to Jesus! Use the Name and the power that He's given you.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much for posting! OCD is definitely a mental disorder! I've had it since I was eight. The great news is that there are mental strategies we can learn to help us deal with it, to help us make the OCD weaker. I'd be glad to talk more about it if you'd like. Also please see the site Resources – OCD Aware, which has tons of links to resources about OCD. One of my personal favorites is ocdandchristianity.com. Read the blog posts! :)

Upvote 0