Can demons put thoughts into a Christians mind?

kittyio

Mar 8, 2022
america
✟17,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am struggling with my ocd, I am plagued with thoughts that say I will blaspheme if I do anything at all. I have tried ignoring them bit I feel God may be talking to me. Can demons put thoughts into saved people or people who are set apart minds are theee any verses to support or refute this? Any verses that say my own mind can put strange thoughts into my mind? I need help

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟119,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I am struggling with my ocd, I am plagued with thoughts that say I will blaspheme if I do anything at all. I have tried ignoring them bit I feel God may be talking to me. Can demons put thoughts into saved people or people who are set apart minds are theee any verses to support or refute this? Any verses that say my own mind can put strange thoughts into my mind? I need help
God can talk to you through His spirit

Demons or devil spirits cannot put thoughts into your head …..unless you are possessed….(you are not)

But it is a matter of the renewed mind. Memorizing scripture is very helpful …I would start with
Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus. who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
There is no down judgment (condemnation) from God

The crossed out words are not in any critical Greek text ….but verse 4 actually does contain those words.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This is the "sin" of Romans 7. The part leading up to O what a wretched man I am.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes satan/demons can insert thoughts.

Your job as a Christian is to be the traffic cop.
  • Some of your thoughts are your own bad thoughts or good thoughts
  • Some are from angels of God or the Holy Spirit (always good thoughts)
  • Some are from bad agents.

But you have free will and can choose what to toss out as opposed to "what to dwell on".

When you choose to dwell on something - you make it your own.,

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well He said "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." and "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind".

He said resist the devil and he has to flee. There is nothing a doctor can say that has more power then the great I am than Jesus Christ in you. He said all things are possible to them that believe. For me no matter what man says.. I look to Gods word and no matter what I see hear of feel or think..if God said it then I will trust in have faith in Him and everything with in me has to flee is healed in Jesus name. Peter and John said why look at us as if we healed this man by our own power. Its that name faith in that name healed him. They never once asked prayed to God to Jesus to do anything they did what Christ told them to "theses signs shall follow them that believe.

So yes the mind is Satans play ground. Know this no one has a right to control us unless we allow it. This flesh of mine gets hit attacked like everyone else.. its part of the fall. Yet I KNOW my Father I know His word and I do not have to receive it accept it. So when God talks its always life uplifting encouraging helpful peaceful. Well what are the fruits of the spirit. What ever God says can be backed up by His word. Any time fear worry doubt things like that come its never of God.

What might help is Satan/demon can only lie so flip that lie. He cannot tell the truth it is not in him. Any thought of "blasphemy" just laugh and toss it out .. it was a lie. Those that have blasphemed never are scared they did or might do it they just do it and don't care. So be peace.. receive His peace. Christ said my peace I leave with you not as the world gives give I unto you. So just take it no matter if you can't see it hear it or feel it.. just receive it

Reactions: Wyatt A.
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟67,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I am struggling with my ocd, I am plagued with thoughts
The only thing you can do is put it under the Blood of Jesus. Just sing one of the Blood songs from the old Church Hymn book. Even if you just think the words: The Blood, The Blood, the precious Blood of Jesus. We are washed, cleansed, healed and delivered though the Blood. You can do a google search to get the lyrics. That is the only hope you have and the demons with their wicked thoughts will flee from you.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Demons can talk into a Christian mind. They can also give visions or pictures. In the past demons would harass me greatly. I have over the years been blessed with increasing peace. So my mind is mostly free from intrusive thoughts. However, if the devil senses a weakness he will still try to influence my mind.

It has nothing to do will possession, hearing voices does not mean you are possessed. It just means the devil is attacking. This often happens when our faith is small, even that is not a condemnation, it just means we have not had time to develop our faith.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟119,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes satan/demons can insert thoughts.

Your job as a Christian is to be the traffic cop.
  • Some of your thoughts are your own bad thoughts or good thoughts
  • Some are from angels of God or the Holy Spirit (always good thoughts)
  • Some are from bad agents.

But you have free will and can choose what to toss out as opposed to "what to dwell on".

When you choose to dwell on something - you make it your own.,
Bob ….I lived in that arena and played in that playground as a priest for almost 3 years before getting into the Word.

They can’t insert thought… they can design circumstances manipulate the environment around in effort to alter your thinking….. but unless a person is possessed where it occupies part of the brain….they cannot insert thoughts into your head…

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bob ….I lived in that arena and played in that playground as a priest for almost 3 years before getting into the Word.

They can’t insert thought… they can design circumstances manipulate the environment around in effort to alter your thinking….. but unless a person is possessed where it occupies part of the brain….they cannot insert thoughts into your head…
Thank you for your input. I appreciate your providing what you have from experience.

But just as Satan could speak to Eve, and could speak to Christ -- it appears that he can also communicate at some level with each one of us (not by reading our thoughts) but by inserting suggestions as thoughts as God permits.

2 Cor 10:5 "taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" - it is a job for us to do as Christians.

4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

Here is what I also have from an inspired source -

==============================

Satan stands by with his angels, active agents to suggest thoughts to tempt and do miserable things,—things which are hateful in the sight of a holy God, but well pleasing to the Devil. RH June 28, 1887, par. 9

We should present before the people the fact that God has provided that we shall not be tempted above what we are able to bear, but that with every temptation he will make a way of escape. If we live wholly for God, we shall not allow the mind to indulge in selfish imaginings. If there is any way by which Satan can gain access to the mind, he will sow his tares, and cause them to grow until they will yield an abundant harvest. In no case can Satan obtain dominion over the thoughts, words, and actions, unless we voluntarily open the door and invite him to enter. He will then come in, and by catching away the good seed sown in the heart, make of none effect the truth. RH July 11, 1893, par. 2

Evil angels ply the soul with one set of temptations after another, to compass our ruin. They suggest evil thoughts, excite worldly desires [and] carnal lusts, that the heart may be estranged from God and no longer respond to the influence of the Holy Spirit, that the word may be spoken in Heaven, “He is joined to his idols: let him alone.” [Hosea 4:17.] Your heart is becoming less and less susceptible to the influence of truth, for the truth is not brought into the inner sanctuary of the soul. 6LtMs, Lt 23, 1890, par. 40

I was shown that Satan would make his temptations strong to corrupt the ministers who are teaching the binding claims of the law of God. If he can tarnish the virtue, confuse the sense of purity and holiness, if he can insinuate himself into their thoughts, suggest and plan for them to sin in thought and deed against God, then their defense is gone; they have separated themselves from God; they have not the power and spirit of God with them, and the sacred message of truth they bear to the people is not blessed of God; the seed is not watered and the increase is not realized. What you need, my brother, is a pure and holy heart. Cease at once from attempting to teach the truth until you know that in the strength of God you can overcome lust. 4LtMs, Lt 5, 1886, par. 5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alive2Christ

Apr 20, 2012
✟23,497.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
John Newton, John Bunyan, Charles Haddon Spurgeon, Martin Luther and more recent well known Christians like Martun Lloyd Jones, are a few of what I am sure would be a long list of mature faithful Christians who knew, and had experienced the fact that satan does indeed attack the minds of Christians with evil thoughts. These are part of what John Newton Referred to as “these inward trials”.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If a Christian lets their guard down Satan and his minions are quick to pounce. Case in point it happened to Peter when he refused to know CHRIST 3 times. Happened to David by going against GOD and numbered his army. Happened to Paul where his free will was to persecute the church but his destiny was to bring Christianity to the Gentiles. Even happened to Moses who struck the rock twice.Just a few but their are many if you let your guard down Satan will enter in. They are not around every bush but they are more in these end times than ever before. You combat these by doing what GOD tells us to do, #1 stay in HIS WORD for every day in the WORD is a good day. Anoint yourself and homes with oil of our people. If you Want blessings and peace and security than we have to do what GOD tells us. When you have people who were close too and talking to GOD that can let Satan in then what do you think he will do with Christians? GOOD news though, CHRIST gave us power over them, don't ask them pretty please to leave you alone; demand with the authority CHRIST gave you that they depart go back where they came from always in JESUS name. They are frightened to death of true Christian and if you without doubt rebuke them than they will flee in terror.

Upvote 0