Can dad argue without assuming God exists?

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Seriously, every single time I have seen him write anything it's under the assumption that God exists beyond any doubt and it doesn't need to be proven. Also, he seems to think everybody believes in God.

So can he?
Can you breathe without assuming your lungs exist?

Upvote 0

DrunkenWrestler

Eat your Wheaties and know your logical fallacies.
Dec 20, 2003
$1 reject store
✟10,355.00
Faith
Atheist
How do you reason with someone who's completely delusional? How do you cure someone of True Believer's Syndrome? How do you apply logic and the scientific method to someone who arbitrarily invents their own self-contradicting system of knowledge? How do you tell if a CF poster might be an atheist in disguise? I have no idea...

Upvote 0

HumanisticJones

May 2, 2007
✟15,555.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Seriously, every single time I have seen him write anything it's under the assumption that God exists beyond any doubt and it doesn't need to be proven. Also, he seems to think everybody believes in God.

So can he?
How can you make any assumptions about dad's posts in the past? You can't go back in time and see him posting so your science can't say anything about then. You can only comment on what he is posting right now. Before the split his posts were different.

Upvote 0

Parmenio

Dec 12, 2006
✟16,376.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
How can you make any assumptions about dad's posts in the past? You can't go back in time and see him posting so your science can't say anything about then. You can only comment on what he is posting right now. Before the split his posts were different.
made of win and awesome

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Atheuz

It's comforting to know that this isn't a test
May 14, 2007
✟16,641.00
Faith
Atheist

It appears you didn't read my post:

"Seriously, every single time I have seen him write anything it's under the assumption that God exists beyond any doubt and it doesn't need to be proven"

So I was commenting on what he is posting right now, and it is more than enough to see how he is, right now.

Upvote 0

Travis St. Hubbins

May 15, 2004
✟709.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It appears you didn't read my post:

"Seriously, every single time I have seen him write anything it's under the assumption that God exists beyond any doubt and it doesn't need to be proven"

So I was commenting on what he is posting right now, and it is more than enough to see how he is, right now.

I think Mr Jones is lampooning a few of dad's favourite stock arguments against an old earth.

1. "You weren't there so you can't know what happened, therefore my ad hoc ramblings, with no evidence whatsoever, are as good as your heavily supported theory."

and

2. "In the past before 'the split' matter and spirit were as one; which makes any thoroughly implausible, bat-guano crazy idea that pops into my mind entirely possible."

Obviously I'm paraphrasing here.

Upvote 0

Atheuz

May 14, 2007
✟16,641.00
Faith
Atheist
I think Mr Jones is lampooning a few of dad's favourite stock arguments against an old earth.

1. "You weren't there so you can't know what happened, therefore my ad hoc ramblings, with no evidence whatsoever, are as good as your heavily supported theory."

and

2. "In the past before 'the split' matter and spirit were as one; which makes any thoroughly implausible, bat-guano crazy idea that pops into my mind entirely possible."

Obviously I'm paraphrasing here.

Oic, I'm a little slow today :p

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

'Making up' so called stock arguments would be a better term, or strawman argument, since I say nothing like that. I think we can know what happened within reason for recorded history, perhaps less so as we approach the great event.

and

When the spiritual is added, as God says,'all things are possible'. Don't blame me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Breath requires lungs. Argument doesn't require god belief.
It does if you know He exists as much as lungs exist. In fact, Jesus died, and had dead lungs, yet they were just fine after He rose from the dead.

Upvote 0

Atheuz

May 14, 2007
✟16,641.00
Faith
Atheist
It does if you know He exists as much as lungs exist. In fact, Jesus died, and had dead lungs, yet they were just fine after He rose from the dead.

There you go again, basing your argument on that everybody believes the same thing as you.

Upvote 0

FishFace

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2007
✟13,130.00
Faith
Atheist
Well, no, but if one did know that, one would agrue from that perspective. I don't say you have to.

Question dodging attempts by dad: 4. Posts by dad: 4.

Question dodging by dad - 100%

Will the witness please answer the question: can you argue for God's existence without assuming his existence? If so, show us how.

Upvote 0