Can curse and prayer kill someone?

PastorFreud

Lie back on the couch.
Oct 25, 2002
✟6,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Curses do have negative energy attached to it just as blessings have positive energy. Don't try it again on anyone else (curses). Must repent.
What is "negative energy" and "positive energy?" How can I measure these? Can I use positive energy to make my broken electronics work? Can I use negative energy to curse the weeds in my garden? This all smacks of Christian witchcraft.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is "negative energy" and "positive energy?" How can I measure these? Can I use positive energy to make my broken electronics work? Can I use negative energy to curse the weeds in my garden? This all smacks of Christian witchcraft.

Energy doesn't exist. Only spirits do.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I was wishing for some people to die, so i was cursing them to die and also i was praying to God to die and after a few days later they really died.

Did they die because of my curse and prayer to God to die?

I've read this entire thread and am amazed at the naivety of some Christians.

I want to tell you of my own experience, but first, let us use scripture. (Romans 12:14) has already been used to say we should not curse, but only bless. Why would that be a scripture, if there was no power in our words? Again, naivety.

The main one is in Proverbs.

Proverbs 26:2 New King James Version (NKJV)

2 Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow,
So a curse without cause shall not alight.

In other words, if we curse them and the curse sticks, they deserved it. Ananias and Saphira were lying to the Holy Spirit and to the apostles, thus they deserved the curse.

But, the opposite is true and why Satanists never curse Christians. They know that the curse will rebound onto themselves.

In your case, being an atheist, and they having health problems already, I believe this was a misfortune of timing. After all, you didn't die, did you? If they died because of you, then you would also be dead and not posting this.

My own experience: Back around 1986 I was living in Beverly Hills, California in a great little one bedroom apartment I had lived in for 9 years.

I had a girlfriend who was always in financial difficulty due to a barrage of bad choices. She is like someone with a thundercloud above her head, and if you get too close, you're going to get rained on too!

Again, she lost her apartment due to non-payment, and asked for my help. I let her and her son stay with me until she found another permanent place to live. While she was at my apartment, she went out on a date and got pregnant! This was becoming a nightmare. At the end, unfortunately, she parked in someone else's spot and then her car wouldn't start so she could move it. Needless to say, the renter called the landlord and I was evicted! She never once said she was sorry.

I was so upset because I had to move, I finally reached out at church for a counseling session. I remember during the session I said these words: "I just wish she would lose everything and see how it feels."

It seemed immediately she was fired from the job I had gotten her, she couldn't find another one, and now she had an infant who got suddenly very ill with a lingering condition.

One night almost a year later, God revealed to me that I had put a curse on her, and reminded me of the words I had spoken in the counseling session. I repented.

After 12 years of friendship we were no longer speaking over all this, but I humbled myself and called her up and told her God showed me I had put a curse on her and I needed to come see her to remove it. She believed me, unlike some on this thread, and I went to see her. I prayed for her that the curse be removed, then blessed her with an olive oil anointing.

Within a week she had a new job and her child suddenly got well.

Recently, we were talking on the phone and the subject of curses came up. She was still miffed I had put a curse on her all those years ago, never realizing it would never had stuck if she didn't deserve it.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
So a woman who had a lot of bad luck and bad choices who went around raining on everyone's parade, continued to have a spate of bad luck and bad choices, except it was because of something you carelessly said in a church counseling session? What you said in the church counseling session wasn't grief and frustration at your own loss, but something that had the mystical power to curse the woman AND HER INNOCENT INFANT. And illness befell this infant because of your curse, meaning that either God made the child ill or allowed it -- either of which makes God a pretty sick and twisted deity. And then to remove this mystical curse that was placed on the woman without direct contact, you had to go face to face to remove the curse. And the child that God had afflicted or allowed to be afflicted for over a year suddenly got well and the woman got a job. But you feel no remorse because she, and apparently her child as well, deserved it. Am I understanding this story correctly? Tell me again how witchcraft works because you sound like a powerful Christian witch.

God told me what I had done, I repented, and removed the curse.

Curses are real. Paul cursed people by turning them over to Satan for the destruction of their flesh, that their souls might be saved. Our words are powerful. And I don't mean the name it and claim it fad. But there is power in the tongue.

I certainly don't go around cursing anyone anymore; I've learned my lesson. At the time, I certainly didn't know a hasty remark would come to pass! Who knows where it would have ended if God hadn't told me, and how to rectify it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Curses are real. Paul cursed people by turning them over to Satan for the destruction of their flesh, that their souls might be saved. Our words are powerful. And I don't mean the name it and claim it fad. But there is power in the tongue.

I certainly don't go around cursing anyone anymore; I've learned my lesson. At the time, I certainly didn't know a hasty remark would come to pass! Who knows where it would have ended if God hadn't told me, and how to rectify it.
Thank you for speaking up and possibly preventing others from freely using their tongue for contrary purposes

Upvote 0

PastorFreud

Lie back on the couch.
Oct 25, 2002
✟6,612.00
Faith
Protestant

While I applaud you for learning to hold your tongue, it is possible to learn this without believing in magical abilities. You are not Paul. Paul was an apostle. Do you also pick up snakes and shake them off in the fire? Have you survived being stoned? Broken out of prison by angels? It's a LOOOOONG stretch to tie your interpretation of curses to Paul. Are words powerful? Yes. Does God actually curse people because you carelessly said something? Does he curse innocent infants because of your carelessness? If so, he is a capricious god and not the Jesus I know from the NT.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
While I applaud you for learning to hold your tongue, it is possible to learn this without believing in magical abilities. You are not Paul. Paul was an apostle. Do you also pick up snakes and shake them off in the fire? Have you survived being stoned? Broken out of prison by angels? It's a LOOOOONG stretch to tie your interpretation of curses to Paul. Are words powerful? Yes. Does God actually curse people because you carelessly said something? Does he curse innocent infants because of your carelessness? If so, he is a capricious god and not the Jesus I know from the NT.

God is the one who told me. He doesn't lie.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Proverbs 18:21
It will help you if you read the Bible yourself before you come and attack well meaning christians and accuse them of practicing witchcraft. All your other posts on this thread proves that you have never read your Bible "Pastor". Oh, and before I forget you asked if you can curse the weeds in your garden. Well Jesus cursed a TREE and it withered!
Jesus Curses a Fig Tree
18 Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. 19 Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered. Matthew 21:18-19

Upvote 0

michael soh

Dec 21, 2016
malaysia
✟15,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pro 18:21 What you say can preserve life or destroy it; so you must accept the consequences of your words.(GNB)

Pro 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. (KJV)

We can kill with our tongue. Curse a plant, you see a plant will die quickly. You do have a sword in your tongue. Elisha curse 42 lads (2 Kings 2:23-24). They are torn to dead by two mother bear. Elisha however have to bear the consequence. Elisha died of sickness despite he has the power to heal so many. God would not allow killing even for non believers. Jesus rebuke James and John who wanted to called down fire on non believers. (Luke 9:54-56)

The victim of the curse may not die, if he or she has covering. Prayer to keep them in this world will ward of curses of death. [Joh 17:15 I do not ask you to take them out of the world, but I do ask you to keep them safe from the Evil One. Joh 17:20 "I pray not only for them, but also for those who believe in me because of their message.] If you do believe in John 17:15,20, you have covering from curses that are from the evil one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ronandcarol

Mar 9, 2014
✟27,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who do you think you are, God? The Bible says that God has every person's live already in the books, He and only He knows when someone is going to die and how they are going to die. A mere mortal person cannot pray for someone to die and expect it to happen. God does not answer a sinful prayer. Even if someone is totally corrupt and has done something totally evil, I believe that they still have a chance to repent, confess and be saved. And no prayer of ours will change God's Gospel plans.
ronandcarol

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was wishing for some people to die, so i was cursing them to die and also i was praying to God to die and after a few days later they really died.

What?!
Well I dont know what did they die of?
Please dont curse anyone, if they are your enemies we are told to bless them.
But if anyone actively hates Jesus Christ and does not love Him there is a curse on them already you dont need to add to it.

Upvote 0

pink1

Feb 21, 2017
dvdfvdv
✟8,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Who do you think you are, God? The Bible says that God has every person's live already in the books, He and only He knows when someone is going to die and how they are going to die. A mere mortal person cannot pray for someone to die and expect it to happen. God does not answer a sinful prayer. Even if someone is totally corrupt and has done something totally evil, I believe that they still have a chance to repent, confess and be saved. And no prayer of ours will change God's Gospel plans.
ronandcarol
But God is letting people kill each other and He doesn't intervene to stop the killings, so that's why maybe I killed them with the negative energy from my evil thoughts, wishes, curses and prayes?

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But God is letting people kill each other and He doesn't intervene to stop the killings, so that's why maybe I killed them with the negative energy from my evil thoughts, wishes, curses and prayes?
GOD is letting HIS children kill one another?

What do you want a GOOD FATHER to do?

Strike down HIS children ( who don't know HIM yet) down now?

Than they would be lost forever

Upvote 0

StarTemple

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom

It depends. You'de have to be given the power from something beyond man. That power is not necessarily "God", but he has the final say on the matter. Be careful, curses can get you killed as well. Best to avoid such accountability if you can, imo. It is no joke in the other worlds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StarTemple

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Well not immediately. But when he does it it will be complete, hence why he does not intervene immediately.

The action will turn earth upside down, so no need to rush the inevitable. (Isaiah 24:1) Certain things have to complete prior to the intervention. (Revelation 10:5-11; Revelation 17:11-18)

But fear not, complete accountability is certain even if it is after the fact. No one escapes, thank God, but not all judgments are adverse as well. Think positively because it WILL come, in time. (Daniel 8:13-14; Revelation 1:7-8)

In the meantime, the place has at least 15 more years. (Isaiah 38:4-8; Genesis 6:3) May we make good use of the time left remaining in this "one hour" (Revelation 17:12) "glass" of coming world government, "timed" tick-tick-tick-boom from its completion in the future. (Revelation 13:3; Revelation 11:7; Revelation 11:11-13)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you're discussing the Islamic State and you call them "Daesh" and everyone else knows them as ISIS it can cause confusion.

In the same vein if you refer to Satanists are devil worshipers and then someone on the fence goes to 99% of Satanic websites they will immediately find a disclaimer by the group claiming not to be Devil worshipers via the works of Anton LaVey. Therefore for the average person it makes you look like you're not discussing the same things or that you don't know what you're talking about.

So in theory I agree with you. They're devil worshipers. In practice, for the sake of clarity, I use Satanist.

How is getting power the same as worship?

Upvote 0

PastorFreud

Lie back on the couch.
Oct 25, 2002
✟6,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Proverbs 18:21
It will help you if you read the Bible yourself before you come and attack well meaning christians and accuse them of practicing witchcraft. All your other posts on this thread proves that you have never read your Bible "Pastor". Oh, and before I forget you asked if you can curse the weeds in your garden. Well Jesus cursed a TREE and it withered!
Jesus Curses a Fig Tree
18 Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. 19 Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered. Matthew 21:18-19
Funny that you think I haven't read the Bible. Studied it for years. Sometimes in the original languages.

Did I ask about cursing weeds? What did Jesus have against that fig tree? What was the point? To show us how to garden? Or was there some larger purpose?

I am not attacking someone for understanding that words are powerful and that we need to be careful of what words we use. At the same time, if we blindly accept the assertions made that one humans careless words caused God to bring harm to another person and an infant, then this provides a distorted theology of God that we should challenge. I think Jesus would rebuke US if we said something out of turn, not hurt someone else for a long period of time to teach us a lesson. That is a very odd view of the character of God, and that view is what I challenge. I can't envision Jesus hurting an infant because some Christian badmouthed his or her mother.

Witchcraft is listed in Galatians as a work of the flesh and you find it alongside strife and hatred. Perhaps this warrants a closer look at what the Bible actually says and not what we know from culture.

Upvote 0