Can curse and prayer kill someone?

PastorFreud

Lie back on the couch.
Oct 25, 2002
✟6,612.00
Faith
Protestant
I have been on other discussion boards for years and have seen many trolls I see anew member 1st post is claiming they have prayed for people to die and they died, Who prays for people to die that is a Christian? this is not something any Christian would ever do. Then to pray for your own death. This shows that you have no idea what being a Christian is and you are posting ridiculous ideas to get a reaction.

And the sad thing is that the trolling works. Christians jump in and start debating theology, never once noticing how odd the question is and what its true purpose might be.

Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was wishing for some people to die, so i was cursing them to die and also i was praying to God to die and after a few days later they really died.

Did they die because of my curse and prayer to God to die?
Well, that's pretty interesting.
I don't usually wish for anyone to die, but I guess there are some cases in which we could say if such a person will not be saved, let them die.
Perhaps we could pray that certain people who are immensely wicked would die, and God foreknowing they would not be saved, would end their lives. I don't think it's impossible.
I don't know if that constitutes a curse though. Aren't curses something like a disease or a pestering continual affliction? Ex. their children dying, poverty, blindness, etc. If they just straight up DIE, then I think it's just an act of God assuming the prayer worked.
If I were in the army for example, I would pray something like, "Lord, please help me to defeat the enemy and cause them to die, but spare any who may be saved, and cause them to find you and serve you."
I'd think it'd probably be a good idea to include that last condition though.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God has a will of his own. He is not bound by your words or thoughts to do whatever you ask of him. If you pray to God for someone to die, and they die, it was not likely because of your prayer that they died. There are usually other, better reasons for someone to die than by the prayers of someone else.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was wishing for some people to die, so i was cursing them to die and also i was praying to God to die and after a few days later they really died.

Really? why you be praying like that when the bible say for us to forgive those who have wronged us?
Read Romans 12:14...and repent; set yourself to following the Lord's example.

Did they die because of my curse and prayer to God to die?
You don't give us any details surrounding their deaths like did they have: bad health, substance abusers, high risk lifestyles/criminal activity etc.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There's been a lot of compelling proof in the history of the occult of successful curses. Almost always upon those who have rejected the Holy Spirit (ie. other Satanists).

I'd be interested to hear a Biblical interpretation of what is said to be possible and what is not in this regard.

Doesn't that term just give their evil way of life respect? Instead of calling them devil worshipers, they are given a title similar to other religions, like Buddhist or Jainist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Doesn't that term just give their evil way of life respect? Instead of calling them devil worshipers, they are given a title similar to other religions, like Buddhist or Jainist.

I agree with you in theory.

In practice I try to stick with words that people recognize and as it stands "Satanist" has been the label of choice for a long time.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you in theory.

In practice I try to stick with words that people recognize and as it stands "Satanist" has been the label of choice for a long time.

What is the purpose of it? To me it is a small part of Satan’s plan to cause as many as possible to turn from eternal life and the one true God

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
What is the purpose of it? To me it is a small part of Satan’s plan to cause as many as possible to turn from eternal life and the one true God

If you're discussing the Islamic State and you call them "Daesh" and everyone else knows them as ISIS it can cause confusion.

In the same vein if you refer to Satanists are devil worshipers and then someone on the fence goes to 99% of Satanic websites they will immediately find a disclaimer by the group claiming not to be Devil worshipers via the works of Anton LaVey. Therefore for the average person it makes you look like you're not discussing the same things or that you don't know what you're talking about.

So in theory I agree with you. They're devil worshipers. In practice, for the sake of clarity, I use Satanist.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you're discussing the Islamic State and you call them "Daesh" and everyone else knows them as ISIS it can cause confusion.

In the same vein if you refer to Satanists are devil worshipers and then someone on the fence goes to 99% of Satanic websites they will immediately find a disclaimer by the group claiming not to be Devil worshipers via the works of Anton LaVey. Therefore for the average person it makes you look like you're not discussing the same things or that you don't know what you're talking about.

So in theory I agree with you. They're devil worshipers. In practice, for the sake of clarity, I use Satanist.

Arent they technically servants of the enemy, like Christians are servants of Jesus? Worship is the expression of reverence and adoration.

What of my statement did you agree with? Adding ism to it almost makes it a legitimate sounding practice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Arent they technically servants of the enemy, like Christians are servants of Jesus? Worship is the expression of reverence and adoration.

What of my statement did you agree with? Adding ism to it almost makes it a legitimate sounding practice.

I'm just repeating myself at this point: I agree that they are devil worshipers and should be ideally addressed as such.

The circumstances are not ideal. The fact they have hundreds of thousands of adherents make them "legitimate" in the public eye. With that in mind for the sake of clarity and education the -ism is necessary.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm just repeating myself at this point: I agree that they are devil worshipers and should be ideally addressed as such.

The circumstances are not ideal. The fact they have hundreds of thousands of adherents make them "legitimate" in the public eye. With that in mind for the sake of clarity and education the -ism is necessary.

What do you mean? The term worshiper is not politically correct to use? How does the term worship go against clarity and education?

Do you think the term "ian" is another way to make it sound legitimate?

Is this another example of what you meant? News Man: Remote Viewing - Witchcraft with a new name

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PastorFreud

Lie back on the couch.
Oct 25, 2002
✟6,612.00
Faith
Protestant
What do you mean? The term worshiper is not politically correct to use? How does the term worship go against clarity and education?

Do you think the term "ian" is another way to make it sound legitimate?

Is this another example of what you mean? News Man: Remote Viewing - Witchcraft with a new name

Most Satanists don't "worship" anything. Certainly not like Christians conceive of worship. They also aren't enemies of the enemy. They don't even believe that an actual Satan exists. Instead, the followers of LaVey promote reason, encourage good works, and believe that you should do anything you want to that makes you happy as long as you don't hurt someone else. They draw upon the mythological Satan for inspiration, since it was the serpent in the garden that told the truth and it was God that lied (or presented alternative definitions for "die"). Some of my best friends are Satanists.

Satanists would reject remote viewing, psychic surgery, and so forth. The difference would be that they would not think these things "work" because of spiritual forces of darkness, but rather that they are fakery and prey upon the gullible. They would put faith healers in the same camp. Or those who have "the word of knowledge" gift and tell people their futures, a practice that certainly looks like secular fortune telling clothed in sanctified language. Both faith healers and psychics have been busted by skeptics. Most Satanists simply don't believe in the existence of a spiritual world (no evidence for one) and reject any kind of witchcraft, whether it be secular or Christian (like the blessings and cursings idea.)

The idea that witchcraft has nothing to do with supernatural power is interesting. Witchcraft is listed in the NT as a work of the flesh. I've heard it associated with rebellion, but I really would like to understand more about what Paul's audience would have called witchcraft since that audience was the original one for the text.

Upvote 0