Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was wishing for some people to die, so i was cursing them to die and also i was praying to God to die and after a few days later they really died.

Did they die because of my curse and prayer to God to die?

o.o..... Well there were curses and dark magic in the bible and still is today...but with you you didn't really seem to be into that stuff so I doubt it was you. Bibel does say life and death we have at teh power of the tounque though as well.

But very hard to tell tbh coincidence maybe but hard to tell. use this as a lesson though to appreciate what you have and speak life not death.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God poures down the rain to the good and to the bad, as He gives the chance for them to repent, we must honour God's mercy for all, for its not available forever.

Matt 7:2 For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Matt 6:14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I wouldn't
Not would I ever suggest that anyone should

In fact
I'd make it very clear not only that they shouldn't but that they should make sure that they are protected and marked by CHRIST
My point is, of course God is not going to listen to someone's prayer for someone else to die.

Praying something like that goes contrary to the nature of God which wants every person to be saved.

It seems like someone would logically pray to Satan for something of this nature- since Satan is all about Death.

But, if they pray to Satan, it still would be ineffective as although Satan is powerful- life and death are in God's control.

When God allowed Satan to persecute Job, he was allowed to do anything except kill Job. The power of life and death belong to God alone.

When someone dies, even at the hand of another, it has to be according to God's will.

If you came and shot me in the head in order to kill me- I could die. God could permit you to kill me- the permissive will of God.

Or, I could be miraculously healed. Meaning He did not allow you to kill me because He has some other things on Earth in store for me.

We are not to fear man who can destroy the body. We are to fear God.

• Agree
Reactions: SherahEphraim
Upvote 0

littlebopeek

Feb 11, 2017
Florida
✟10,563.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
It's really hard to say. There's evidence that curses work but just thinking about it isn't the same as a Satanic curse which almost always involves a ceremonial bartering of sorts. Also God certainly didn't take a life simply because you wished/prayed it.

But regardless of that you should pray and repent. Seek peace in our Lord, Jesus Christ.
No, it's not hard to say. Not if you use the bible, which the OP may want to start doing if they are wishing death upon other human beings.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point is, of course God is not going to listen to someone's prayer for someone else to die.

Praying something like that goes contrary to the nature of God which wants every person to be saved.

It seems like someone would logically pray to Satan for something of this nature- since Satan is all about Death.

But, if they pray to Satan, it still would be ineffective as although Satan is powerful- life and death are in God's control.

When God allowed Satan to persecute Job, he was allowed to do anything except kill Job. The power of life and death belong to God alone.

When someone dies, even at the hand of another, it has to be according to God's will.

If you came and shot me in the head in order to kill me- I could die. God could permit you to kill me- the permissive will of God.

Or, I could be miraculously healed. Meaning He did not allow you to kill me because He has some other things on Earth in store for me.

Yes we are to fear GOD

And knowing the difference between what is good and what isn't, we could choose what is good because we know it is good and right to do

Upvote 0

Dr Bruce Atkinson

Supporter
Supporter
Feb 19, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟65,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was wishing for some people to die, so i was cursing them to die and also i was praying to God to die and after a few days later they really died.

God is not some magic dispensing machine who must obey human beings. Prayer never forces God to do ANYTHING. He can (and does) say "no" to ignorant or evil prayers.

Everyone has a particular time to die which God knows even before they are born. Your curses or prayers only tell us (and God) about your heart and have no power over other people. Pagan superstitious religions like Wicca may believe otherwise, but they are in error.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
TL;DR

Re: Can curse and prayer kill someone?

It can kill the person who does the cursing. It is a sin.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23, 1984 NIV)

God gives us the gift of eternal life and we don't thank him by wishing someone else be harmed.

For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. (Matthew 7:2, 1984 NIV)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Re: Can curse and prayer kill someone?

It always does. It kills the person who does the cursing. It is a sin.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23, 1984 NIV)

So, God gives you the gift of eternal life and you thank him by wishing someone else be harmed?

For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. (Matthew 7:2, 1984 NIV)
Be gentle and read Anastasia's post

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will have to give an account for every idle word but I am not so sure this woman thought she could cause harm by her words until it happened

I am not so sure that she wasnt terrified and confused by what she perceived to be her fault

Upvote 0

SherahEphraim

There is none righteous,no,not one
Oct 11, 2016
canada
✟8,189.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Amen, well said. I don't think we should think ill/curse people though cause that is what Satan wants us to do. We need to help spread the gospel and tell others about Christ! Like this gal said, we shouldn't fear man who can kill the body,but God.

• Agree
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

EmeraldFields

Apr 28, 2014
✟19,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been on other discussion boards for years and have seen many trolls I see anew member 1st post is claiming they have prayed for people to die and they died, Who prays for people to die that is a Christian? this is not something any Christian would ever do. Then to pray for your own death. This shows that you have no idea what being a Christian is and you are posting ridiculous ideas to get a reaction.

That's not very fair. Are you the rule keeper on what Christians are aloud to say or do? How do you know what's in the OP's heart? You don't know what this person has struggled with. When you first become a believer, a Christian..its good to ask questions! The OP certainly came to the right place. I, myself am a lurker...Ive learned so much! Even off this thread!
I think you owe the OP an apology...:::shrugs::: but, that's my little ol opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MotherTaylor

Aug 18, 2016
Washington, DC
✟7,712.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Our prayers are always answered, just not in the way we think. You'll notice that at the end of so many prayers throughout the testaments do they say, "Your/Thy will be done." This tells us that when God answers our prayers, He does so within His realm of what is loving, right, good, etc.

Your prayers did not kill the people you wished death upon. Your prayer for their death was answered, but perhaps God's only part in the answer was showing you what remorse you could feel for wishing something harmful, and now the lesson has been learned.

Upvote 0

Mitsi

Apr 24, 2007
Sugar Land TX
✟8,048.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Your prayer was what it is called a willful prayer. God does not hear willful prayers. If that person died, it was not God doing it.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was praying for them to die when i was an atheist, and now i have changed myself and become a Christian and now i only want to know if i killed them. :(
Praise God and may the Lord bless you with rivers of blessing because of your commitment to follow Jesus! Believing what he said in Scripture as the rock solid truth is the path heavenward.

Regarding your original post, there is a lot of related spiritual issues going on here, as you may have already seen from this thread. The bottom line is that since it is something done in the past, you just need to seek God's forgiveness (which presumably you have already done). A component of genuinely repenting is to never want to repeat the sin. Our past, present, and future sins died on the cross. If you genuinely want to be forgiven and asked God to forgive you, then you are already forgiven and God won't hold it against you just like he has completely forgotten about it. You need to forgive yourself like God has forgiven you.

For those interested in better knowing who you are in Christ, the truth is that we have power in Christ according to our faith, and Scripture supports that such a prayer can be answered the way the person meant. However, Jesus (Luke 6:28) and the Holy Spirit through Paul (Romans 12:14) taught that such prayers were sins, which is all we need to know to never pray like that. Use your power for good, not evil. Romans 12:9-21 is a good passage on this topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would believe in scientific fact, not mythology. And perhaps a better explanation is that a certain spirit knew they were going to die and came to tempt you about it. I think that makes more sense. We have power in body to kill, but not by will alone so I would say repent is wise:) Don't play around with the tempter in other words.

Upvote 0

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Pink, the deaths might have been a coincidence after your death prayers. So I'm not sure your quest for a definitive answer is a soiritually healthy venture for you. Since you were an atheist at the time, it was not God who carried out these death curses.

Dr. Larry Dossey is a prolific author and is probably the foremost expert on scientific research on the power of prayer. His book, "Be Careful What You Pray for," documents many cases of the power of prayer to kill. Particularly chilling is his report on the effectiveness of the Hawaiian death prayer used by a native kahuna and the deadly reverse curse applied by the English museum curator. The power of focused intent to kill cancer cells in a test tube under controlled laboratory conditions illustrates how some properly focused minds can have the power to kill.

The Elisha story in 2 Kings 2:12-25 is a clear example of a divinely sanctioned biblical death curse (2 Kings 2:23-25). Peter's pronouncement against Sapphira in Acts 5:9 functions as the equivalent of a curse, though in this case the Holy Spirit takes the initiative by first killing Ananias: "The feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out (Acts 5:9)." Note that this is a set-up. The grave diggers are posted on the other side of the door, waiting for Sapphira to drop dead!

• Informative
Reactions: Near
Upvote 0