Indiana
✟15,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a pretty big fan of the sketch comedy cartoon show, Robot Chicken. I think it's really funny most of the time because I love anything that parodies pop culture like that. But I do find some of the religious skits a bit off putting and have a tendency to change the channel whenever they come on. I'm just wondering what you all think about the show and whether it's okay or not. Have a nice evening :).

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well..... Some of the pieces are hilarious. But most of the stuff on TV is essentially, deeply anti-Christian. Overtly or covertly. Personally, I choose my programmes carefully, and avoid shows that blatantly mock Christ. So while most of the content might be funny, ask yourself "what is the spirit of what I'm watching overall?" and make your choices based on that.

Upvote 0

1visualfxguy

Oct 29, 2017
Indiana
✟15,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well..... Some of the pieces are hilarious. But most of the stuff on TV is essentially, deeply anti-Christian. Overtly or covertly. Personally, I choose my programmes carefully, and avoid shows that blatantly mock Christ. So while most of the content might be funny, ask yourself "what is the spirit of what I'm watching overall?" and make your choices based on that.
Well, honestly I'm not sure what their intention is. They've slowed down on the Jesus references in the recent years and will mostly rely on pop culture parodies only. They seem to be more about taking characters like He-Man and making them do/say hilariously stupid things rather than constantly mocking God. They only seem to bring religion into it on occasion whereas shows like Family Guy and Simpsons do that stuff ALL the time.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, honestly I'm not sure what their intention is. They've slowed down on the Jesus references in the recent years and will mostly rely on pop culture parodies only. They seem to be more about taking characters like He-Man and making them do/say hilariously stupid things rather than constantly mocking God. They only seem to bring religion into it on occasion whereas shows like Family Guy and Simpsons do that stuff ALL the time.

Ah, ok. Does this show help you in your walk with Christ? That would be one more thing to reflect on. A programme may not be blasphemous or obscene, but does it help us use our time wisely? To be frank, the only things I watch anymore are films my husband rents from the library and asks me to watch with him; mostly super hero movies. I've become more and more convicted that secular entertainment is kind of a huge waste of time. My husband likes films, though, so I'll watch with him. Apart from that.... Not a whole lot of secular stuff any more.

I enjoy listening to Christian songs and testimonies on YouTube, and some religious channels. My personal advice would be to carefully and reflectively consider what you watch, and why. I like funny stuff, too. But my personal connections have lead me to gradually watch less and less TV in general, and try and keep my attention on spiritual things.

Upvote 0

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm a pretty big fan of the sketch comedy cartoon show, Robot Chicken. I think it's really funny most of the time because I love anything that parodies pop culture like that. But I do find some of the religious skits a bit off putting and have a tendency to change the channel whenever they come on. I'm just wondering what you all think about the show and whether it's okay or not. Have a nice evening :).
Well morally it is okay to have a good laugh, but it can't be very good to subject your brain to that kind of stuff for long periods of a time.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0