Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To say marijuana is bad is to say that God made a mistake.
Not very logical...as I can make a statement that make no sense as the
one that you just made... like this statement..."To say poisonous plants are bad is to say that God made a mistake".

Upvote 0
It is like any kind of escape...temporary and disappointing...

I speak from experience...

Only God can truly satisfy a man's soul...

1. I look at weed like a roller coaster, it is a fun ride, doesn't hurt your body and is only fun once and awhile. Actually I lied, roller coasters can cause injury lol.

2. You are correct, only God can satisfy my soul, but I am not replacing God with weed or roller coasters for that matter lol.

3. I dont know what your experiences are but I am guessing one of the two, you fell away from God and either became a burn out or did hard drugs and almost died or something. Just because some people abuse weed, doesnt make it a bad thing. Heck, if we outlawed everything people abused there would be nothing left to do lol.

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Rastas use it as a part of the religious experience.

Everyone has a form of escape:
People use chocolate, sugar, Film, Novels, TV, and other things for all sorts of escape-(What are vacations for?) Most people outgrow it, like roller skating, or riding bicycles.

Most people condem what they fear. Look around here-the biggest "addiction" going is inappropriate content. MJ is used for medical purposes and sure beats alcohol abuse (I've never treated a violent pot user) & While I'm NOT condoning it, I was not nearly as critical of my kids when they chose to try it as other behaviors (had one that was a bully for a while) that to me seemed more cirtical.

Upvote 0
The bible has nothing to say about it, except that it says that you should not be a drunkard [or presumably its equivalent re: drugs].
What a lot of religious people claim is that the bible is anti-drugs and anti-alcohol, but the only reasonable teaching to infer from it is that we should not be constantly drunk or high. Wine is recommended for the digestion, which is obviously good advice.

There is absolutely no reason to conclude that the use of moderate amounts of marijuana would be contrary to scriptural teachings. Most of the anti-marijuana propaganda has been invented by governments who want to tax it.

I would draw the line at highly addictive hard drugs, since that is the obvious intent of scriptural teachings: anything--including food--which is allowed to become so addictive as to distort our thinking is clearly wrong, which is why it says "Be sober-minded." Scripture uses alcohol as an example of a larger principle. There is a whole array of addictive distortions that people seem afraid to talk about in this sense, ranging from the food that we eat to patriotism--stuff that actually kills people!

So is there any reason to avoid enjoying an extra glass of wine or having a toke at an appropriate time? Of course not. The only obsticle is that we must render unto Caesar--and Caesar says that marijuana is illegal--so take reasonable precautions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
One more ;)

10-major-health-benefits-marijuana.jpg

Upvote 0

Breezin

Aug 26, 2011
✟7,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Short answer, don't do it. It's a slippery slope that isn't healthy physically, emotionally, or spiritually. There's just no good reason to do it. Any time your friends are asking you to do something unhealthy, it's time to be a role model to them. Make good choices/decision. It's as simple as that.

Go to facebook.com/BibleIn8Months and "Like" the page to listen to the entire Bible in community. Daily readings will be posted and you'll get them on your newsfeed. It will change your life.

Bree

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnny Todd

Sep 19, 2011
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my freinds want me to smoke weed as i christian can i
I remember telling my friend I'm going to smoke some weed, and tried to get my friend to try it, He said he didn't want to because he was afraid he might like it.......I laughed at him.......seventeen years later, I find myself homeless,not a penny to my name, been through every drug known in the free world, my friend is married has a nice wife, house and family, his life went pretty well......I found I really liked weed.....but it got boring like most new things, had to try to find that same new rush........and the vicious cycle continued for most my wasted life.......I look back and wish I had the wisdom of my friend, who knew his own limitations, that if he liked it, he may not be able to stop. I would give anything to have never smoked that first time......Its such a waste of life. nothing is worse than addiction, while people may say pot isn't physically addicting, it psychologically..............The best and most God given wisdom I could give you today.....GET NEW FRIENDS!!!!!! the druggy life SUCKS! I don't do drugs or drink anymore, I had enough to last a lifetime, I have never been happier facing my problems head on, then trying to escape reality

Upvote 0
I remember telling my friend I'm going to smoke some weed, and tried to get my friend to try it, He said he didn't want to because he was afraid he might like it.......I laughed at him.......seventeen years later, I find myself homeless,not a penny to my name, been through every drug known in the free world, my friend is married has a nice wife, house and family, his life went pretty well......I found I really liked weed.....but it got boring like most new things, had to try to find that same new rush........and the vicious cycle continued for most my wasted life.......I look back and wish I had the wisdom of my friend, who knew his own limitations, that if he liked it, he may not be able to stop. I would give anything to have never smoked that first time......Its such a waste of life. nothing is worse than addiction, while people may say pot isn't physically addicting, it psychologically..............The best and most God given wisdom I could give you today.....GET NEW FRIENDS!!!!!! the druggy life SUCKS! I don't do drugs or drink anymore, I had enough to last a lifetime, I have never been happier facing my problems head on, then trying to escape reality

I feel the same way about McDonalds when i was 8. 30 years and 300lbs later...

Upvote 0