Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are many things the bible does not condemn literally but we know they are sin because of the Holy Spirit and based on scripture as a whole. Look at the fruits of marijuana what does it have to show for itself?
WHO knows?...Don't tell me that it is a sin, because MAN tells you it is.
THAT is one reason why I tend to stay away from organized religion...NOBODY knows the heart of God but HIM ALONE...not you, not your pastor, NOBODY!

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I came to the Christian belief because I was stoned one day. I was a Atheist then, so I decided to open the bible for a laugh and just because of boredom, but it did the total opposite.

:thumbsup:

soldier, read this...for an unbeliever to come to Christ with the help of that which you decry, is powerful testimony.
peace-and-love-033.gif

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
because MAN tells you it is.

The Holy Spirit told me it was.

...I enjoy worldly pleasures within moderation....

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." (1 John 2:15)

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Freezer u saying u dont go to church?

I go to church...but the one I go to is not about interpreting the Bible, nor demonizing someone for their faults or individual beliefs, but to praise God...the way it should be....Sometimes I can't...when I can't, I go into the woods and pray there...
I just can't abide with those who tell me that their way is the only way, and you go around the corner and hear the same thing from someone completely different..it only leads to CONFUSION, and THAT is the true enemy,and THAT is what Satan thrives on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
F

fuji

Fuji, there is just no talking to some people...I enjoy a conversation, but when I have to repeat myself over and over again until I am blue in the face, it gets pointless...do you agree?..

Kind of, but at some point or another, I was like them in my life. It reminds me of this passage.

Then Jesus said to them, "Don't you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? 14 The farmer sows the word. 15 Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. 16 Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. 17 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 18 Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19 but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. 20 Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop--thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown." Mark 4:13-20

When I first became a Christian I judged everything and everything was a sin. Music, drinking, pubs, etc. It was horrible living that way and the fruit of Spirit was not shown by me.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not judging you, I cannot judge you, there is only One Judge. I am telling you my opinion based on my experience with drugs, I was a drug addict. I was addicted to pain killers and just about everything else. But I was saved, God delivered me from this bondage and I will call out what I know is sin when I see it. I'm not judging you guys, I'm trying to help you all from my experience. Smoking this stuff will open yourself up to demonic realms that you do not know about.

I remember when i used to smoke and I was not saved at the time although I knew about God, sometimes after getting high I would try and read the bible or watch Christian tv. Everytime I would try and do these things while stoned I would hear a loud ringing in my ears which would make it impossible to concentrate and after I thought about it for a minute it also really scared me. Now that I look back on this I can see very clearly that this was demonic and that my involvement in it was evil.

Is this drug from God?

Also, I used to think that drugs would bring me close to God, that is a lie from satan, the only One who can bring us to God is Jesus Christ. He is the only "way", there is no other. Drugs are a false god and a false peace in a false age and they should not even be mentioned among Christians.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not judging you, I cannot judge you, there is only One Judge. I am telling you my opinion based on my experience with drugs, I was a drug addict. I was addicted to pain killers and just about everything else. But I was saved, God delivered me from this bondage and I will call out what I know is sin when I see it. I'm not judging you guys, I'm trying to help you all from my experience. Smoking this stuff will open yourself up to demonic realms that you do not know about.

I remember when i used to smoke and I was not saved at the time although I knew about God, sometimes after getting high I would try and read the bible or watch Christian tv. Everytime I would try and do these things while stoned I would hear a loud ringing in my ears which would make it impossible to concentrate and after I thought about it for a minute it also really scared me. Now that I look back on this I can see very clearly that this was demonic and that my involvement in it was evil.

Is this drug from God?

Also, I used to think that drugs would bring me close to God, that is a lie from satan, the only One who can bring us to God is Jesus Christ. He is the only "way", there is no other. Drugs are a false god and a false peace in a false age and they should not even be mentioned among Christians.

Yes you are judging me. When you judge my life style to be sinful, you judging me ...you are not me, our philosophies are not the same.
"Let those who are sinless, cast the first stone". Do NOT bring it upon yourself to decide if what I do is sinful in GOD'S sight...Only on seeing Him will we know the real truth...until then, it is up to MAN not GOD(and man has failed miserably)...God gave man the Bible, then MAN decided to Translate, delete and add onto the spirit of the Word..What was written at the conception of the Torah, to the present day Bible is so ...well, you put in the right anachronism...Every time the Word was translated, it was changed....At more than one time, for political reasons...Rome WAS the political AND spiritual center of civilization during the middle ages.
Even before that, the delegates at Nicae were literally held hostage until they agreed on the Nicaean Creed.
The Spirit alone guides me, not someone "speaking for" him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you say that murder is sin? If you do you are judging the murderer.

Like I said I am only telling you what the Lord revealed to me in my life and through His word. I would tell you murder is a sin and I will also say drugs are sin but I am not judging you.

it is up to MAN not GOD

NO, it is up to the Holy Spirit, man can do nothing.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God gave man the Bible, then MAN decided to Translate, delete and add onto the spirit of the Word.

You do realize that their are 5000 nearly original ancient manuscripts of the entire New Testament alone from which scholars have translated the bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh nick pick, huh?
Have yoiu ever had an unclean thought in your mind since you were "saved"?
Deny it, and you sin.
Murder has nothing to do with the topic at hand..What is murder in God's eye? Is it accidental? Is its premeditated?
Is it self defense?
Taking another's life in all cases is not murder...if it is premeditated, then , yes it is sin...if it is accidental, is it murder in God's eye? I don't think so, but, what in hades does tis have to do with smoking marijuana, a plant that has no godly prohibition against it, and no plants do....

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have yoiu ever had an unclean thought in your mind since you were "saved"?

I am a sinner saved by grace and I am a fallen human who still sins, but I can also say that my new nature that Jesus has given me hates sin and that when I do commit sin I instantly confess and repent and acknowledge that I offended my God.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You do realize that their are 5000 nearly original ancient manuscripts of the entire New Testament alone from which scholars have translated the bible?

Id like to see proof of that...Translations that are true, literal of the origional collection of texts?Remember, for every translation, there have been additions and subtractions?

For every translation, the wording of Scripture was changed...It is not in it's true form.

Upvote 0