perrfekt

Dec 25, 2010
NC
✟15,328.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
can you? yes. you can do anything you want. i think the question you should be asking is should you be smoking weed.

unlike alchohol, you cannot smoke weed in "moderation." essentially, you can drink a beer, and not be drunk. drunkeness is a sin. you cannot smoke weed and not get high.
Romans 13:13-14 "Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts."

the greek word used in the NT referring to drunkenness means intoxication. drugs intoxicate, so it goes without saying that if its sinful to get drunk, its sinful to get high. thats where scripture stands on the subject.
< staff edit >

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Feeling good is something we all find to escape boredom, depression, or even work. Because we are clothed in the flesh with a nervous system that feels either negative or positve feelings, our bodies need food and pleasure such as entertainment to stay happy. Cigarettes and weed do bring comfort with certain chemicals, but it's the other chemicals that hang around them like a bad smell that slowly damages the body such as cancer - a silent killer. You would have to eat a lot of fruit and vegetables that fight cancer and other diseases - oddly enough, smoking does encourage people to eat more fruit and vegetables if they are health-conscious.:*:. I wait patiently for Jesus to return to transform our fleshly bodies to bodies of Christ that need no smoking or drugs to feel the endless joyous pleasure that I believe goes beyond sexual feelings or feelings towards worldly things such as entertainment or sport.:*:.
:liturgy:
:cool:

Upvote 0

BL2KTN

Scholar, Author, Educator
Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
It comes down to the intent of your actions and the consequences. Look at those and evaluate. Personally, I would avoid acting illegally if you live in an area where smoking marijuana is illegal. I also tend to avoid mind altering as it takes you out of control.

BL

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would avoid acting illegally if you live in an area where smoking marijuana is illegal. I also tend to avoid mind altering as it takes you out of control.
Exactly.
Also, look at how you are approaching this. Your friends are telling you that you should. You probably know what your parents/guardians would say. Your worry about what Christians would say is telling you that you shouldn't. You are coming to a global forum to see what other input you could get.

What do you think?

What do you think God would say? If you want to live your life to glorify Him, then spend some time trying to hear from Him, communicating this concern to Him. Ask God to speak to you through His Word. Do some research on the medical and physical effects.

Upvote 0

Forealzchola

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
California
✟23,254.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Can you shoot up cocaine? no so why would you be able to use any other ILLEGAL substance just because it came from the fields? no..simple no christians cant use drugs..and weed no matter how widely used just how meth is really right now is a drug! God says to obey the law of the land and that is illegal morally and by the state to smoke weed..if you have friends who arent going to respect your faith (ie them asking you do something that is inherently wrong) you need new friends.

Reactions: LifebyChrist
Upvote 0

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,300.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
christsavedme:),

Christians should not be smoking weed.

God tells us:

1 Peter 4:7
The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.

If we are high on weed then we are not clear minded are we?

..........................................................................................

Your friends may do this:

1 Peter 4:4
They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you.

Furthermore, we ought to do what is right in the eyes of all men:

Romans 12:17
Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.

..........................................................................................

Our testimonies are so vital. If they are stained, how then will men listen to us when we try to lead them to God? Therefore be blameless.

1 Peter 2:12
Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

As Forealzchola says, we have to obey the laws of the land as well:

Romans 13:2
Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

I hope these scriptures settle the matter in your mind and you have drawn the correct conclusion.

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

miss.leanne

Saved by Grace
Feb 4, 2011
Denton, TX
✟7,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A question for you: If you have to ask, do you really think that's the best decision?

God gave you free will, so you "can" do anything you want. However, it might be good to go to the Lord and seek His will on it. Any of us can tell you what that's going to be, but you need to seek Him out in a personal relationship and find out what your loving Father wants for you.

John 10:10 - "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that [you] may have life, and have it to the full."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LWB

Jan 28, 2011
Brisbane
✟16,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This question could only be entertained in a region where Marijuana is decriminalised. A Christian should in no way be involved in the breaking of law and funding of criminal organisation.

Even if it was decriminalised, the smoking of the substance does injury to precious lungs and throats. Not something I would recommend, having witnessed the harm that smoking has done to a loved one of mine.

Upvote 0

Ttery

May 27, 2010
✟19,617.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Some of your friends may put up an argument saying something like: "Well God created the earth and all things in it, including plants such as weed. So that must make it fine to smoke weed since God put it here." That statement is false

Please read the article in the link!

What is the Christian view of smoking? Is smoking a sin?

Upvote 0

fffaux

Feb 8, 2009
✟15,555.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
if you have to ask, then you already know the answer.

no, especially not with friends, and especially not in public. those two things, combined with a loss of inhibitions, is extremely dangerous, for you and everyone around you. not to mention the health problems.

weed is called the gateway drug for a reason.

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 2:10 (and said to him, "Everyone serves the best wine first, and the cheap kind when people are drunk. But you have kept the best wine until now! He said this after he turned water into wine")

Jesus did not say this a man in the crowd did. Also if you believe as all Christians should that the Bible was written by the same God, the same Holy Spirit, you would not neglect to mention the many verses that condemn drunkeness:

9Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God (1 corinthians 6:9-11)

18And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, (Ephesians 5:18)

there are more if you would like me to post them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

papaJP

Prophet
Nov 15, 2010
Kerrville, Texas
✟15,783.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
my freinds want me to smoke weed as i christian can i

You say you are Christian. If you are a true Christian then you should know the answer. As a human fleshly being you can do whatever you want. But as a true Christian you would know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Do you think God would like or agree to your doing something to His temple that is dangerous and harmful?

Upvote 0

sublime911

Dec 4, 2010
California
✟15,280.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus did not say this a man in the crowd did. Also if you believe as all Christians should that the Bible was written by the same God, the same Holy Spirit, you would not neglect to mention the many verses that condemn drunkeness:

9Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God (1 corinthians 6:9-11)

18And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, (Ephesians 5:18)

there are more if you would like me to post them.

Then Jesus provided more wine for a bunch of already drunk people. Obviously its not that big of a deal.

Upvote 0

Angelfrog

Rock, paper, JESUS! I win!
Oct 22, 2009
Sitting on a cloud in England.
✟9,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just ask yourself this: What would Jesus do?

Blessings,

Alan

Was going to say the same thing myself, Alan! :)

It may be a wrist-band cliche- but there's a measuring rod (and, boy, do I fall short of it so many times!!!)- and that's simply to ask if Jesus would do that very same thing.

When I was a younger Christian (late teens)- someone said to me (pre WWJD days!!!) "If you're not sure about doing something- just imagine Jesus in the room with you as you do it. How does that make you feel? Well, He IS in the room as you're doing it. He's with you always."

It helped a great deal.

As others have said, I think if you're asking, you know deep down already.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then Jesus provided more wine for a bunch of already drunk people. Obviously its not that big of a deal.

I am not going to get into the theological wrongness of that comment, I will just say that it is a big deal to God, who says that drunkards will not inherit His kingdom < staff edit >

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0