Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The horoscopes might be written by Computer's program, nothing to do with evil force.
It plainly tells you what to do , what to avoid.

You are being deceived. How can you call yourself a Christian?
Deuteronomy 18:10-12 ESV /
There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's not a good idea to rely on such things for strategy or advice...better to refer to Scripture, The Holy Spirit, and / or others who know those well.

Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.
Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it. <---> Isaiah 47:13+14

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Sure it tells you what to do, but that doesn't mean there is one iota of validity to it...if nothing else, it's a complete joke, might as well go have your palm read.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do you know the horoscopes had not been "computerized"?
I do not always read, mine is Pisces.
Did the horoscopes tell you not to believe in Christ?

When we try to become mediums or fortune-tellers by them – that is when and where we cross the line. Unfortunately, the line has been blurred between what is holy and unholy. Even many church-going Christians will read their horoscope in the daily newspaper. What happened to “being in the world but not of the world”? (See John 15:19). It is a sad commentary when Christians aren’t content to “be ye separate” from the world. 2nd Corinthians 6:17 says, “Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord. Don’t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Winken

Heimat
Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe horoscope is like the daily comic?
Nothing spiritual about it.
"Occult" is defined as: "magic, astrology, and other alleged sciences claiming use or knowledge of secret, mysterious, or supernatural agencies" - Random House College Dictionary. Other occult practices include witchcraft and sorcery, Satanism, horoscopes, spiritualism, fortune-telling, and psychics.

By definition, astrology is part of the occult. It is associated with hosts of other practices that are specifically condemned in Scripture.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The horoscopes might be written by Computer's program, nothing to do with evil force.

Why do you think a computer knows what you should do and what you should avoid when that computer can't possibly have any personal information about you?

And if a person is going to obey a computer, this goes to something I said today in another thread: Whatever a person gives his obedience to is his god.

If a man decides, "I'm going to do what this computer tells me to do," he has made that computer his god. If a man says, "I am going to do what this horoscope tells me to do," he has made that horoscope his god.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not believe anything in horoscope, most of the time it is bulll-[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]t.

ALL of the time it is deception in action.

Deuteronomy 4:19 – “And when you look up into the sky and see the sun, moon, and stars–all the forces of heaven–don’t be seduced into worshiping them.”

Isaiah 47:13-15 – “All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you. Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the power of the flame. Here are no coals to warm anyone; here is no fire to sit by. That is all they can do for you—these you have labored with and trafficked with since childhood. Each of them goes on in his error; there is not one that can save you.”

Jeremiah 10:2 – “This is what the Lord says: “Do not act like the other nations, who try to read their future in the stars."

Zechariah 10:2 – “The idols speak deceit, diviners [fortune-tellers] see visions that lie; they tell dreams that are false, they give comfort in vain. Therefore the people wander like sheep oppressed for lack of a shepherd.”

There are many more scriptures which forbid this evil (of fortune-telling, horoscopes, etc.), but suffice it to say that NOWHERE in scripture is it approved. Back in the Old Testament, astrologers were to be put to death for their evil deeds in order to purge the evil out from among the people. This shows the severity of it.

Deuteronomy 17:2-5 “If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the Lord gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the Lord your God in violation of his covenant, and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky, and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death.”

The wages of sin are still death; but since Christ came and gave us grace and mercy – those involved in such sin are allowed time to make things right with God. However, if they do not abstain from their wicked ways, they will be severely punished on Judgment Day.

Upvote 0