windsor
✟29,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've read that the light shines in that darkness, and that the darkness does not comprehend it. Does this mean that there is more light in a Christian then darkness or can the darkness at times dominate?

In a Christian is there always a little darkness with alot of light? Does that light fluctuate depending on certain things?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I've read that the light shines in that darkness, and that the darkness does not comprehend it. Does this mean that there is more light in a Christian then darkness or can the darkness at times dominate?

In a Christian is there always a little darkness with alot of light? Does that light fluctuate depending on certain things?

Hello Clint. Welcome to CF. And yes, the Bible speaks on this in the parable of the man who swept and cleaned his house, and the evil spirit moved on. Yet the man did not have God's presence via His Holy Spirit in his dwelling or in himself. In effect, he was not taking seriously, nor looking to God for God's own remedy for this. Consequently, the evil spirit came back, bringing along with it several evil spirits even more evil than the original one. Of course the evil spirit didn't take the man seriously because the man w3as not even looking to God Himself, Who is the very One that fights the battle. The man stood alone in all of this. Of COURSE when the one and its companions came back, it was much worse than before. This is why there are testifyings of the continual ebbing and flowing with growing intensity of attacks of evil spirits. The evil spirits are playing "cat and mouse" with the unfortunate who leaves God out of it and stands all by their lonesome to "deal" with something that isn't "theirs" to begin with. The evil spirits are having a field day with this unfortunate, while they invite even more to come on in and "party" all on that unfortunate one's crumpled up soul.

And the guy that "swept" and put his house "in order"? He neglected this very remedy, and the "only" remedy that causes the devil and his minions and agents to "flee". And that is this one:

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." ~James 4:7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Can Christians have evil spirits "

Yes. It is actually rather common.

ETA:
Sorry - but I was going to link to the first message of a series our pastor just completed 2 weeks ago on being set free. He starts off explaining how this is possible. But the web site is currently down so when it gets back up I will post a link.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I think in Christians there is a little darkness with lots of light. Its the sin nature of man that is the darkness and the light is Jesus christ's love and goodness.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I think in Christians there is a little darkness with lots of light. Its the sin nature of man that is the darkness and the light is Jesus christ's love and goodness.

:heart: It is God's intention to fill us with His Light. When that happens, all darkness flees. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Can Christians have evil spirits "

Yes. It is actually rather common.

Agreed. I found Christ 5 years ago and am still getting delivered from demonic junk I had from way before, starting in childhood.

Upvote 0

Clintpauljohnson

Sep 10, 2017
windsor
✟29,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Clint. Welcome to CF. And yes, the Bible speaks on this in the parable of the man who swept and cleaned his house, and the evil spirit moved on. Yet the man did not have God's presence via His Holy Spirit in his dwelling or in himself. In effect, he was not taking seriously, nor looking to God for God's own remedy for this. Consequently, the evil spirit came back, bringing along with it several evil spirits even more evil than the original one. Of course the evil spirit didn't take the man seriously because the man w3as not even looking to God Himself, Who is the very One that fights the battle. The man stood alone in all of this. Of COURSE when the one and its companions came back, it was much worse than before. This is why there are testifyings of the continual ebbing and flowing with growing intensity of attacks of evil spirits. The evil spirits are playing "cat and mouse" with the unfortunate who leaves God out of it and stands all by their lonesome to "deal" with something that isn't "theirs" to begin with. The evil spirits are having a field day with this unfortunate, while they invite even more to come on in and "party" all on that unfortunate one's crumpled up soul.

And the guy that "swept" and put his house "in order"? He neglected this very remedy, and the "only" remedy that causes the devil and his minions and agents to "flee". And that is this one:

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." ~James 4:7

So he will starve or flee from you but he is always waiting in the wings for you to stumble or lower your guard to strike upon thee.

This is why we have to set up military type strong holds in our brains filled with the holy spirit?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So he will starve or flee from you but he is always waiting in the wings for you to stumble or lower your guard to strike upon thee.

This is why we have to set up military type strong holds in our brains filled with the holy spirit?

He flees from God.

Read the verse again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I do not believe so, but we may be harassed internally from external spirits.

As for darkness, we have plenty of our own darkness, being so profoundly finite beings. Darkness is not always sheer and expressive evil, but some manner of ignorance. Ignorance we are bound to have much of and do, because of how incredibly finite we are. And how incredible finite the world we live in is.

But, the Kingdom is not of the finite age and the finite world, and it is coming soon.

Upvote 0

Clintpauljohnson

Sep 10, 2017
windsor
✟29,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say no. Evil spirits and the Holy Spirit cannot live in the same place.

But there are differences of opinion about this.

My opinion as a young Christian is this: that hypothetically we are 50/50 as atheists then as we become believers we are a percentage leaning towards 100 percent Christian but will never be 100 percent.

?

Please explain And be nice please. I have ADHD, Aspergers and schizo-affective bi polar type.lol. But am a believer. Maybe I need to submit more? Maybe I am neither hot or cold but Luke warm and we know what happens to Luke warm Christians right?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Darkness cannot be present or abide in God's presence.

It flees from His Light.

The Bible verse i posted clarifies this and plainly gives a "remedy" for any darkness and/or evil spirits and/or Satan that is present that has no business there if one is a believer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My opinion as a young Christian is this: that hypothetically we are 50/50 as atheists then as we become believers we are a percentage leaning towards 100 percent Christian but will never be 100 percent.

No, I don't think it works like that. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, then you are 100% a Christian. You've covered the green part of this picture (which is from here). What remains is the slow, gradual process of sanctification, which is all about becoming more like Jesus.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Clintpauljohnson

Sep 10, 2017
windsor
✟29,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Will look at that link thanks. So they say we have the mind of Christ, or the mind like Christ, which is it? And what does it mean?

No, I don't think it works like that. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, then you are 100% a Christian. You've covered the green part of this picture (which is from here). What remains is the slow, gradual process of sanctification, which is all about becoming more like Jesus.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
God is perfect love?

Based on John 3:16, it seems clear that surely He is, amen? In addition He is holy and therefore, that is why He banishes all darkness and evil and why evil and darkness and all that hide in it, FLEE from His presence. If God's Holy Spirit is abiding in us, there is no darkness.

Upvote 0

Clintpauljohnson

Sep 10, 2017
windsor
✟29,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amen.

So one has to be all in or nothing? One can not sit on two chairs in the middle, one has to pick a chair? As an analogy?

We all fall short of the kingdom of God (ALL)

Based on John 3:16, it seems clear that surely He is, amen? In addition He is holy and therefore, that is why He banishes all darkness and evil and why evil and darkness and all that hide in it, FLEE from His presence. If God's Holy Spirit is abiding in us, there is no darkness.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen.

So one has to be all in or nothing? One can not sit on two chairs in the middle, one has to pick a chair? As an analogy?

We all fall short of the kingdom of God (ALL)
So one has to be all in or nothing?
Isn't it written that it is so?

We cannot, if we are children of the Most High God, leave the door open to the darkness and expect God to abide in that darkness that we have or still do, invite in, or allow to stay. It's what is called "double-minded" and as it is written, someone who is double-minded is unstable in all their ways, and that is where the darkness and all that hide in it "party" best.

They've been "invited" and they're allowed to stay. So they mess mercilessly with the one who invited them in the first place, as that person is completely oblivious to, or is ignoring, or is disregarding that pivotal verse that was posted a few posts ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0