• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Can Christians Be Hurt by Witchcraft or Black Magic?

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by GodsChilde, Oct 22, 2021.

1. GodsChilde

GodsChilde New Member

+20
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but I live with a grandmother that believes in this type of stuff and i feel like after falling into sin it allowed her black magic to affect me in some way.. any advice?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Pop D.

Pop D. Member

+317
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    To my knowledge I've never been affected by either, but "greater is He that is in you than he that is in this world" from 1 John 4:4 comes to mind.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. MMXX

MMXX Brian

+3,986
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Resist or rebuke the devil in the name of Jesus and he will flee from you.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member Supporter

+6,814
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Eph 6:
    10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist on the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

14 Stand firm therefore, having belted your waist with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having strapped on your feet the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

1. Study this subject --
    2. PRAY this scripture every morning and every evening.
    3. No Christian is SAFE from the devil if they ignore the armor of God

It can be put on in just a moment of time.. but once you put it on you can just as quickly remove it if you take your eyes off of Christ. That is the lesson of Peter walking on the water towards Christ who when he looks back with pride at his fellow disciples in the boat - takes his eyes off Christ and begins to sink in the water.

With God's armor on - you will have peace in the midst of the storm. God is already shielding you even before you knew about this - but now that you know - you must exercise your free will and choose to pray Eph 6, study Eph 6.

And look for the other Bible texts that deal with waging war against dark spirits.

=====================

Open windows and doors (figuratively speaking) that invite satan to interfere with you - include what you watch on TV and internet, what music you listen to, anything you do that separates you from Christ by willfully choosing against Him and resisting the instructing, protecting presence of The Holy Spirit.

==============

Here is a world-class commentary on the Life of Christ that will greatly assist you in keeping your eyes fixed on Christ in whatever spare time you have. It is free online.

The Desire of Ages

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. GodsChilde

GodsChilde New Member

+20
    United States
    Christian
    Private

Wow thank you so much for this

6. Unqualified

Unqualified Well-Known Member Supporter

+390
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Don’t fall into sin.

7. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+6,493
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Please explain how you actually do this in practice...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,595
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    It is possible. We are in a spiritual war. If we are passive, we may come under attack. We have the armour of God, but it's no use if we don't wear it. We have the sword of the Spirit, but we have to draw it and wield it. It's no use if it's sheathed.

You need to bind the occult spirit daily. Claim the protection of the precious blood of Christ. You may remember how Satan was forced to leave the Israelis alone when he saw the blood of the lamb on each home. This looks forward to the precious blood of the Lord Jesus. We ask God to force the Destroyer to pass over us. God honours His word.

So you know, I grew up in a home where the occult was just a part of life. I nearly died as a child and our lives were extremely difficult. We had a poltergeist in one place we lived (we moved every couple of years). Our neighbours were Christians. One day, their young daughter came to play with us (4 kids). The poltergeist threw a book at the child and left the house, never to return. I believe that her parents prayed for us. Indeed greater is He who is in us! And in spite of my upbringing, the Lord saved me just before I turned 21.

9. The Narrow Way

The Narrow Way Master Herbalist Supporter

+586
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes, most assuredly it can. I would make arrangements to move out of there ASAP.

10. Carl Emerson

+6,493
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Are you in fellowship - is your pastor/elders competent to give you the support you need in the circumstances?

Combined prayer with the mature will put more to flight and the wise oversight will assist with understanding what to do about it.

11. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member Supporter

+6,814
    United States
    SDA
    Married

In that post I mention praying the Eph 6 text of promises back to God morning and evening - it is a promise for us to use in warfare against the devil.

Each piece of the armor is emphasizing part of the Gospel and a specific application of the Word of God.

For example:
    Eph 6 Shield of Faith: "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God" Rom 10

God's "Word is living and active and sharper than a two-edged sword " Heb 4 - and it is a shield against the fiery arrows/darts of the evil one.

Claim Bible promises to defeat the enemy because God says "My word will not return to Me empty --- without accomplishing what I sent it out to do"... God's word "returns" in the form of prayer that presents that Word back to God in faith.

12. Carl Emerson

+6,493
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Right... thanks for that.

This may be a topic for another thread, but some appropriate the putting on by faith given that the various pieces of armour are spiritually real.

Others believe the aspects of the armour must be built into one's character to be effective.

13. splish- splash

splish- splash Master's protege Supporter

+1,276
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    If Christ is alive in us, the enemy's witchcraft arrows, would have to get Jesus first.

When the house is empty, demons come in and dine.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  14. Rose04

Rose04 New Member

+16
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    If God is with you, who can be against you? As long as you've devoted yourself to Him, none of the devil's tricks can bring harm.

15. Carl Emerson

+6,493
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Is it really as simple as that?

God allowed a messenger from Satan to trouble Paul - He prayed to be free from this several times and the request was not granted.

2 Corinthians 12:7
    A Thorn in the Flesh
    Because of the extraordinary greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself!