Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes they can! Dr. Ed Murphy explains it pretty well in his book, "The Handbook For Spiritual Warfare."
Questioning Christian said:
Another question:

If a person gets demonized, are they a Christian?
Why would they not be a Christian? No where in the Bible does it say that the Holy Spirit won't dwell where demons are present. :)

Reactions: swifteagle
Upvote 0

habeas

Veteran
Jun 18, 2005
✟3,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GodismyRefuge said:
http://www.equip.org/free/DD075.pdf

Would love to know your thoughts on this ;)

I have read that Mother Theresa became possessed by demons. Its been argued that demons pursue the righteous and pure in heart more than anyone else.

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I'm going to copy/paste my post from a different thread:

To jump into this debate ....

Just two points here...

1. Jesus turned to Peter a disciple and said "Get thee behind me, Satan". So was Jesus speaking just to Peter, or to a demonic influence speaking through Peter?

2. In the gospels, Jesus never cast devils out of anyone until they first came to him. When one comes to Christ, falls down at his feet and calls Him, "Lord"-- does that make someone a Christian (If you believe in your heart... and confess with your mouth...)? It can easily be argued from the gospels that Jesus ONLY cast demons out of believers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lpe04

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
✟9,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
GodismyRefuge said:
http://www.equip.org/free/DD075.pdf

Would love to know your thoughts on this ;)

Yes, Christians can very much be demonized. As a matter of fact, it would seem that Christians are under heavier spiritual attack than non believers. Just read any of Derek Prince's books on the subject or Neil Anderson's books (Bondage Breaker is a good one). Their ministries involve getting demons out of Christians (although they both take different approaches.)

My mom has been delievered from demons as well as a couple of other Christian believers I know (who all speak in tongues and are definitly saved).

God Bless

Upvote 0

salvation05

Sep 26, 2005
✟318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
habeas said:
I have read that Mother Theresa became possessed by demons. Its been argued that demons pursue the righteous and pure in heart more than anyone else.

hmmm.... I watched ewtn and seen a program about padre pio restled with demons

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lpe04

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
✟9,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think the problem comes with people confusing the words "demonized" and "possessed". As Derek Prince points out in his ministry, no one is really "demonized" or "possesed", as in this would symbolize complete control by the adversary. Christians can have evil spirits in them, and this does not mean they are "possesed", but rather influenced. Odds are that you know someone (and probably more than one person) who is a Christian and has at least one evil spirit in them. One of my very close believer friend, who has been walking with God for a very long time now, was delievered from an evil spirit randomly one day when God told him that he needed to forgive a certain person. I can think of many other examples too. Derek Prince's ministry (and Neil Anderson's too) are based on delivering Christians from evil spirits, so it is very much possible. I used to know of a video online of a pastor who would cast demons out of members of his church, and other Christians who would come to see him, but I can't find it anymore or I would post the link for you.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Jimmy West

May 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ca
✟1,862.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Lpe04 said:
I think the problem comes with people confusing the words "demonized" and "possessed". As Derek Prince points out in his ministry, no one is really "demonized" or "possesed", as in this would symbolize complete control by the adversary. Christians can have evil spirits in them, and this does not mean they are "possesed", but rather influenced. Odds are that you know someone (and probably more than one person) who is a Christian and has at least one evil spirit in them. One of my very close believer friend, who has been walking with God for a very long time now, was delievered from an evil spirit randomly one day when God told him that he needed to forgive a certain person. I can think of many other examples too. Derek Prince's ministry (and Neil Anderson's too) are based on delivering Christians from evil spirits, so it is very much possible. I used to know of a video online of a pastor who would cast demons out of members of his church, and other Christians who would come to see him, but I can't find it anymore or I would post the link for you.

God Bless

If a person has a Demon in his body, that Demon is possessing that man's body and that man is possessed. Everyday demonic influence comes from outside the body. I witenssed a young man who was possessed. I was at a healing service of Billy Burke. A yound man, who still had his Pep Boys uniform on, came in off of the street to the service. Billy saw him and walked over to him and said: "You don't look like you belong here.". The young man said that he was walking home from work and something told him to come into the sanctuary. Billy asked him if he wanted to be saved and he said "yes". Billy them lead him in a Sinners Prayer and laid his hands on him. The young man immediately went down and started writhing on the floor. Billy knew something was wrong, for he shouted: "COME OUT OF HIM IN THE NAME OF JESUS". Two demons came out of his mouth and each time a demon came out, the men let out a scream. When the young man stood up, he looked different. There was a peaceful, tranquil look on his face. The entire congregation let out a cheer and welcomed him into their outstretched arms. It was a most incredible experience.

Upvote 0

Lpe04

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
✟9,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jimmy West said:
If a person has a Demon in his body, that Demon is possessing that man's body and that man is possessed. Everyday demonic influence comes from outside the body. I witenssed a young man who was possessed. I was at a healing service of Billy Burke. A yound man, who still had his Pep Boys uniform on, came in off of the street to the service. Billy saw him and walked over to him and said: "You don't look like you belong here.". The young man said that he was walking home from work and something told him to come into the sanctuary. Billy asked him if he wanted to be saved and he said "yes". Billy them lead him in a Sinners Prayer and laid his hands on him. The young man immediately went down and started writhing on the floor. Billy knew something was wrong, for he shouted: "COME OUT OF HIM IN THE NAME OF JESUS". Two demons came out of his mouth and each time a demon came out, the men let out a scream. When the young man stood up, he looked different. There was a peaceful, tranquil look on his face. The entire congregation let out a cheer and welcomed him into their outstretched arms. It was a most incredible experience.

Praise the Lord! A lot of times He will use healings and casting out of demons for those first coming to Christ. Yet, this still does not negate the fact that born again Christians can have evil spirit(s) in them. I have graciously received revelation from the Lord of evil spirits in born again believers before, and I have at times seen the spirits operating and influencing the person (and no, it's not like the "Exorcist" movie). One time I was talking with someone, and the Lord graciously revealed to me that her son had a spirit(s), and we both saw the spirit(s) operating in him that night (and yes he was born again).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.